IGNORED

Fundies on facebook mad about halftime show

homeschoolmomma1

So somebody on my list posted that he's never going to buy pistachios again. When somebody asked why, he answered:

That anti American piece of shit doing their super bowl ad

Um, that was an ad for one brand of pistachios, so even if you don't like the commercial- I thought it was silly- why boycott all brands?

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Josh Duggar already has it covered on Twitter. Or at least he retweeted some other RW fuckwit who does.

They must have forgotten the 2003 black out that left parts of NE US and Canada without power for a few days. At the time, it was the second most widespread blackout in history. Now who was the president during that time?.... Oh thats right Bush.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Northeast_blackout_of_2003

:roll:

My Fundie Facebook Friend just posted: "Giving the glory to God for the great football game!"

FFS!

One Million Moms is probably working on their campaign against the Doritos commercial with the dad and his friends playing dress-up with his daughter.

I loved that one and figured it would blow a few fundie minds. Especially how awesomely the dad was working it.

Can anyone imagine PP or the Pearl dad doing something that cool?

:roll:

My Fundie Facebook Friend just posted: "Giving the glory to God for the great football game!"

FFS!

:lol: I really would hope that a deity would have better things to do than oversee a match up between the 49ers and The Ravens. BTW, God backed the wrong team. I was hoping for a 49ers win. :snooty:

Wait what? so husbands can watch defrauding material now?

Oh wait, nevermind, this is patriarchy.

I think she was trying to explain that Husband can watch their wives dance and use body language in the bedroom. I do not want to think thoughts of Fundies doing that

Mecca wrote: I really would hope that a deity would have better things to do than oversee a match up between the 49ers and The Ravens. BTW, God backed the wrong team. I was hoping for a 49ers win.

I'm pretty sure God supported the Raven because of the homophobic remarks of the 49ers cornerback. You know God hates a homophobe. And did the asshole totally forget that he was playing for SF? I mean really:

Chris Culliver previously told radio host Artie Lange that gay players would not be welcome in the 49ers locker room.

"Ain't got no gay people on the team. They gotta get up outta here if they do. Can't be with that sweet stuff," he said in the interview taped on Tuesday's media day at the Superdome."

I'm pretty sure God supported the Raven because of the homophobic remarks of the 49ers cornerback. You know God hates a homophobe. And did the asshole totally forget that he was playing for SF? I mean really:

Chris Culliver previously told radio host Artie Lange that gay players would not be welcome in the 49ers locker room.

"Ain't got no gay people on the team. They gotta get up outta here if they do. Can't be with that sweet stuff," he said in the interview taped on Tuesday's media day at the Superdome."

To be fair, there's probably a fair number of homophobes on both teams...it's rife in professional sports, at least in the US. This guy just happened to be stupid enough to say something out loud.

To be fair, there's probably a fair number of homophobes on both teams...it's rife in professional sports, at least in the US. This guy just happened to be stupid enough to say something out loud.

True, I was just jumping on it because he was stupid enough to say it out loud and he plays for SF and I get annoyed as shit at all those guys who seem to think God cares who wins a football game. So the idea that they lost due to obvious homophobia was really appealing to me.

Fundies watch the Superbowl???

Some of the more hardcore fundies(e.g. Maxwells, maybe PP and Zsu, Muncks, ) didn't watch. A lot of fundie lite types probably did watch. The fundies who did watch were probably pissed about the halftime show. There are some fundie lite types that don't listen to secular music. I knew a girl back in high school who was like that. She told a lot of people that she only listened to/followed music from Christian artists. I wouldn't be surprised if some fundies including fundie lite types were unfamiliar with Beyonce and the type of performances that she does. After the Janet Jackson incident back in 2004, the NFL and the networks played it safe for several years by having rock bands perform. I love rock bands, but it is fun to see female artists or other outside of rock peform at the SB. I knew last year when Madonna performed that there was going to be a return to female performers who are defrauding.

I wouldn't be surprised if the Duggars did watch out of curiosity. They seemed to have an increased interest in sports these days outside of Razorback football. The thought of Boob and Mullet squirming and be uneasy watching Beyonce makes me laugh. It wasn't noticeable during the halftime show, but Beyonce also has an all female backup band which is another thing that would piss off fundies. Some of her dancers are often a bit young like 18-21. Heather Morris from Glee was a backup dancer for Beyonce when she was 20 and 21. Those current backup dancers have a lot of independence compared to the J'Slaves.

A couple of fundie types who are whining on twitter about Beyonce are Nate Lawrenson and one of his fanboys.

Chris Vacher ‏@chrisfromcanada

Did Beyonce have a wardrobe malfunction or did she dress like that on purpose?

Nate's response

NathanLawrenson ‏@NathanLawrenson

@chrisfromcanada you've obviously never heard of Beyonce...

But according to Fundie logic, God should have backed the 49ers for that very reason alone.

To be fair, the 49ers management, owners, and several players came out and said basically that Culliver is full of shit. And he is.

For the record: I am not a fan of either team. I despise The Ravens with a fiery passion. I have to. I am a Colts fan. ;)

I thought Bill Gothard said TV was against the rules. So Josh, since you read here, WHY are you watching defrauding women on the Super Bowl half time show?? Enquiring minds and all that....

I'm a Niners fan and I was pissed about Culliver. A lot of fans in the Bay Area were probably mad especially since Sports Illustrated talked about some of gay and lesbian 49er fans. The fundie complaints about the half time show remind me of when people complained about Carrie Underwood singing Last Name on American Idol. I used to lurk and sometimes post on the Fox boards. I remember a thread titled "Pray for Carrie Underwood". In the thread, people were saying that she sang a sinful song. I also agree with another poster who said that OMM will bitch about the Doritos commercial.

I thought Bill Gothard said TV was against the rules. So Josh, since you read here, WHY are you watching defrauding women on the Super Bowl half time show?? Enquiring minds and all that....

Josh and Anna seem to be going fundie lite these days. He has been getting into sports as a way of fitting in with some of his friends. If Anna watched, she probably smiled and kept sweet. But she was secretly pissed about the halftime show and some of the commercials.

This is sort of mean I think

Though I commented to my husband that her legs and hips are bigger than mine and I have had 11 babies. She should have been covered more. She started with not much on and of course went to even less.

Does she realize that not all body shapes are the same?

Beyonce always had big hips and she commented on them in the past. I remember during the Destiny's Child days, she was a bit heavier and then got more into fitness and certain diets. I don't think her legs looked big.

That is kind of mean, and she might be surprised to find that Beyonce might be a lot smaller than she looks. Every time I read about a "regular" person seeing Kim Kardashian in person, they're always surprised by how tiny she really is. My aunt met Arnold Swarzeneger(sp?) years ago when he was still in great shape, and she expected this giant man, which he is not. Alas, my only brush with fame was getting within 5 feet of Steven Tyler. Again, much shorter than I expected.

But according to Fundie logic, God should have backed the 49ers for that very reason alone.

To be fair, the 49ers management, owners, and several players came out and said basically that Culliver is full of shit. And he is.

For the record: I am not a fan of either team. I despise The Ravens with a fiery passion. I have to. I am a Colts fan. ;)

I similarly despise them for a related reason: I am a Browns fan (yeah, I know.) Art Modell is burning in a lake of fire at this very moment.

I will never understand why people truly expect the halftime show at the Super Bowl to be 100% family friendly. For one thing, the show is on late enough on the East Coast that your pre-teens ought to be wrapping it up and going to bed by halftime. For another, do they think the advertisers are plunking down all that money to air their commercials to first-graders?

I didn't think fundies followed sports much anyway. Who was it--that wacky Alaska fundy family, I think--where the dad often ranted about pro sports being a false idol. I recommend all fundies follow his advice and, for the sake of their souls, leave the Super Bowl and its ungodly halftime entertainment to those of us who appreciate it. I thought Beyonce looked great.

My only issue with the half time show was that Beyonce sounded a little flat :lol: But I thought she looked great, in addition to the fact that she gave birth not that long ago.

Now I wouldn't have minded my daughter seeing the half time show but she was in bed long before it came on (right around the start of the 2nd quarter was when I put her in bed), so I'm wondering why these fundie kids were up so late :?

If they dont like it, dont watch it. They choose to go hide under a rock for their whole lives, so they shouldnt force it on others.

I liked Beyonce's show. I liked that she was very sexy but in a powerful, take charge way. Not the sex-kitten equate-passive-with-hot way. On the other hand, it would be nice if her female-power schtick didn't have to be equated to sex. Anyone know what exercise/diet she went on?

Archived