IGNORED

Nathan Lawrenson's Twitter

GeoBQn

Maybe he should ask his buddy Jennifer McKinney how successful threatening to sue for defamation and libel has gone. The snark/hater directed at Nathan is NOTHING compared to what is out there about MckMama.

The downside of being a public figure and as controversial as Nathan is that there are going to be haters. All of this brouhaha is his own fault. He brought it on himself. He needs to put on his big boy undies and cope.

Haha Nate was asking on fb if anyone could give him suggestions on a lawyer sending a cease and desist for harassment and someone (maybe you) suggested Jennifer!

Sure go try and hide behind a lawyer.

• Replies 841
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Haha Nate was asking on fb if anyone could give him suggestions on a lawyer sending a cease and desist for harassment and someone (maybe you) suggested Jennifer!

Sure go try and hide behind a lawyer.

It wasn't me... and Mckmama and her lawyer threats haven't borne any fruit. MWOP is still there, plus now she has the mckfacts blog and Tracy Coenen blogging about her too.

1 thread on a snark website about him, about his tweets, is kids stuff compared to that.

Didn't Mckmama try to sue to GOMI too? I agree, 2 threads about Nate and his twitter accounts is small stuff. Some of the bloggers discussed here and on GOMI annoy me, but many of them have dealt with the issues of being a well known blogger. Stephanie Nielson bitches about her haters on twitter and instagram, but she has never pulled lawyer threats against GOMI or other sites that have discussed her.

Is this not also a violation of your rules, considering that Nate's Facebook is private? Just curious?

I have PMed you, in detail, about this, but I am also going to answer briefly in public for the community:

First, there is no personal, private information being revealed here. Second, there is not a screenshot showing any personal, private information or showing any private information of your friends who may have commented (such as real names). Third, I have no way of knowing what your facebook settings were on March 23, 2013.

Since you openly offer your opinions on similar topics and no private information has been revealed, I am not going to do anything in this case. If there was personal information involved, I would probably air on the side of caution and redact it at the very least.

As you have probably noticed, Free Jinger is quite good at self-policing. I read a few pages past this post and no one mentions that your page is private, which is normally reported by a community member when that is the case.

I am not Nate. My name is Liv, and I'll be happy to give you my last name if the mods will allow it. You're welcome to search for me all over the internet and see what you can discover about my personal life and post it here as well. I know I cannot prove that to you, but I can tell you that all of the information I have about anybody here (other than Nate) was taken from public places like Facebook and a cystic fibrosis website that CL and her husband and I were a part of several years ago. CL must have forgotten how much information was shared about her on that website, and how she and her husband have photos of themselves and their kids on PUBLIC display on their Facebook. Take a quick look at what she has posted about her personal life on this site, and it was pretty easy to figure out who she is. I haven't posted anything about CL here that couldn't be very easily discovered by anybody else within a few minutes. I hate to see that my participation here has been twisted against Nate. I take full responsibility for posting what I posted, and although I'm sorry that it was hurtful, I personally don't see how it was any different than anything else you all have posted about on this entire website.

I'm hoping the mods will post this for me.

If you want to try and verify yourself to me you are welcome to do so. I already know you are not telling the truth about a couple of things though.

I happen to be friends with CL on facebook, so I know exactly what she has posted and what her settings are, because I can look them up at any given moment and I know that you are incorrect about her facebook being public. I had to sign an NDA and pass a background check to get her to approve me as a friend so I could add her to our facebook page so she couldk handle the social medial stuff for us ;) She doesn't just willy nilly post her real name everywhere and given that you got some of your facts wrong, it tells me that you aren't on her friends list, either.

You also know I can't post what I know/find here because it's against our ToU to out people. So you are counting on that to keep you safe. It's clever.

I shall wait with anticipation for your "proof!" You can PM me or email me at freejingerowner @ gmail . com (remove spaces, of course)

By the way, even if you know/figure out someone's real identity from another site we have a rule SPECIFICALLY for this situation:

* Knowingly posting private, identifying information about another FreeJinger.org member and linking it to their FJ identity, (including but not limited to last name, address, phone number, email, or the full names of family members) without the express permission of the FJ member whose information has been disclosed.

I take full responsibility for posting what I posted, and although I'm sorry that it was hurtful, I personally don't see how it was any different than anything else you all have posted about on this entire website.

*mod hat off*

I was just looking for something in this thread and this caught my attention. You don't see how it what you did was different than what we do here? Really? :wtf:

I can't think of a single time that anyone has mocked a mother who has lost a child on this forum, other than you, of course. Most of us, tend to care more about the women and children caught in extremism than they do about themselves. You made it extra special by personally attacking her to her face, even. At least when we talk about fundies, we keep to our own sandbox for the most part. I can't imagine anyone from here (lurkers excluded because I don't know them) going to a fundy mommy blog and saying the things you said to her after she lost a child. Actually, I can't really imagine anyone saying those things to a woman who has lost a child, period.

Take a look at the thread about Esther Shrader and how worried we all were when her husband let her labor for 11 damn days before giving birth to their 7th child. Take a look at the Carrie thread and how worried people were that would end tragically, which it sadly did.

I cannot think of a single time any regular poster on this forum has been anything but sympathetic toward a mother who has lost her child.

We do call women out on how they treat their children and the dangerous situations they put their children in, but that is a world away from what you did. If you can't see what you did is completely different I don't even know what to tell you. I don't think you can teach someone to grow a conscience. Most people have boundaries that common sense and basic human decency simply don't allow them to cross, no matter how angry they are. You, obviously, do not have that little voice in your head (most people call it a conscience) that tells you when you have gone too far.

I feel sorry that your family has to live with such a deplorable human being. Honestly, I can't imagine what it would be like to live with someone so filled with hate that they don't have the common decency to understand that personally attacking a woman who has lost a child is off limits.

Nate's Facebook was public and there were a couple of times that I saw that he posted links to his FB notes through his twitter account.

I know other FJers saw it too.

Nate:

For the record, I'm the one who starting the first "Trish is close to dying" thread a while ago.

Like many others, I had been following your blog from the time that Trish had her first transplant. I had always been hoping and praying for Trish and Gwen.

While it was clear that you have a strong Christian faith in your blog, the blog itself was focused on your family, and on raising awareness and support for CF, organ donation, premature birth, and lymphoma. It was hopeful, not hateful. It was a positive thing overall, and it's a shame that you took it down.

You did, however, invite people to follow you on Twitter. That's not stalking - it's people following you after you specifically asked them to do so.

I was saddened and disappointed. This was not the Nate that I knew from the blog. While I can only imagine the stress that you've been facing with Trish's health and can perhaps understand the need for both distraction and venting frustrations elsewhere, it doesn't really excuse the hatred that was being spewed.

If there is incorrect information here, please correct and clarify.

You need to know, however, that nobody has wished anything but the best for Trish and Gwen. We hope that you will be able to focus on your family, and that if you once again blog or tweet to the public, it will be for positive purposes.

I wonder if tinylegs will return to this thread after what has happened since last night. She has been nice and answered questions well. I do feel bad for her because she did say a couple of times that she didn't think Nate was posting here. She did dodge the fact that Nate had made information about himself and his family public through twitter, FB, and the blog. Like several of us have said here, Nate opened up the gates for others to speculate on him and his family.

Putting aside his accusation that we wish ill on his family, which is a blatant lie, why is he so shocked people would comment on his blog and twitter? It's like he doesn't understand how the interwebz work.

:doh:

Putting aside his accusation that we wish ill on his family, which is a blatant lie, why is he so shocked people would comment on his blog and twitter? It's like he doesn't understand how the interwebz work.

:doh:

On the blog, he was in control and could delete or close comments at whim. Guess he never considered that people talk elsewhere.

I wish only the best for Gwynnth and Tricia. I wish Nate would spend some time considering how sheltered and ill-educated he really is.

I think Nate misinterpreted some of these posts as us wishing ill on his family. There were a few posts questioning/commenting to whether Tricia should get a second set of lungs, while some people are still waiting for their first transplanted set.

I'm glad Tinylegs told Nate what was going on here. I really think her beef is with him, not us. His response to us is so par for the course. I still think he was posting as Libby and his other LonelyBoy posts prove he is not above trolling. I've not seen anything on here wishing ill-will against Trisha or Gwen so he's projecting that to make himself sound noble. If he would just see the criticism for what it is, people sick of his angry superior attitude on controversial subjects, then maybe he could actually better himself. Not that I'm holding my breath on that.

I haven't followed this whole story, but do I have this right. He has a very sick wife and small children to care for, yet Nathan spent his time coming here to troll and to try to get people to say bad things about him? Someone needs to go back and take Priorities 101.

I haven't followed this whole story, but do I have this right. He has a very sick wife and small children to care for, yet Nathan spent his time coming here to troll and to try to get people to say bad things about him? Someone needs to go back and take Priorities 101.

But he was only trying to protect his family!

I'm glad Tinylegs told Nate what was going on here. I really think her beef is with him, not us. His response to us is so par for the course. I still think he was posting as Libby and his other LonelyBoy posts prove he is not above trolling. I've not seen anything on here wishing ill-will against Trisha or Gwen so he's projecting that to make himself sound noble. If he would just see the criticism for what it is, people sick of his angry superior attitude on controversial subjects, then maybe he could actually better himself. Not that I'm holding my breath on that.

I also think he was posting as Libby. My theory is that when Nate failed to bait us as LonelyBoy, he created the Libby username and then tried to bait us again and things backfired on him especially when tinylegs started posting here.

I didn't think he was Libby until the LonelyBoy came up and now I completely think that.

I suspect we are more right about Nate's character than his sister in law is.

And now we can speculate that not only he is an asshat about abortion, teh gayz, and state colleges he is also the sort of person who uses the death of a child as a weapon.

I think Nate misinterpreted some of these posts as us wishing ill on his family. There were a few posts questioning/commenting to whether Tricia should get a second set of lungs, while some people are still waiting for their first transplanted set.

I agree, I think he could have taken those posts that way. I think I was involved in the discussion and I think most people intended those posts as ethical debate, not personal judgement. But I know it is hard to be objective when you are that close to someone in that situation, so I could understand if he took those posts personally. For the record I do think the vast majority of people on here wish Trisha well.

Take a look at the Carrie thread and how worried people were that would end tragically, which it sadly did.

Can someone link me to this? I searched Carrie but I'm not sure which thread it is.

I agree, I think he could have taken those posts that way. I think I was involved in the discussion and I think most people intended those posts as ethical debate, not personal judgement. But I know it is hard to be objective when you are that close to someone in that situation, so I could understand if he took those posts personally. For the record I do think the vast majority of people on here wish Trisha well.

Can someone link me to this? I searched Carrie but I'm not sure which thread it is.

http://freejinger.yuku.com/topic/664/Ca ... ins?page=1

It is a really sad thread.

I didn't think he was Libby until the LonelyBoy came up and now I completely think that.

I suspect we are more right about Nate's character than his sister in law is.

And now we can speculate that not only he is an asshat about abortion, teh gayz, and state colleges he is also the sort of person who uses the death of a child as a weapon.

I suspected that he was Libby early on. I was online here when the Libby posts about CL and her family started. I got the feeling that it was Nate especially because Libby brought up CL's personal info and something about a CF website. I had forgotten about LonelyBoy until last night when Curious and happy_atheist approved the post in which Nate came out and said he was LonelyBoy. I reread the Lonely Boy postings and Libby postings, I came to my theory that Nate was posting under both of those names. I do feel bad for tinylegs because she stated more than once that she didn't think Nate would post here.

A lot of ethical debate and observations happened in this thread and the other Nate thread. But I think personal judgement did creep in at times, but I don't think any of it was extremely bad in my opinion. I admit that I posted something bitchy about Tricia earlier in this thread because I was angry at Nate's attitude towards gay marriage and gay rights. At the time it pissed me off that Nate wants many taxpaying gay Americans to remain second class citizens. In my anger, I posted that Tricia hasn't contributed much in a fiscal sense. I regret that quite a bit and Nate, if you ever read here again, I'm sorry for what I said about Tricia.

On the other Nate thread, someone did post something that can be sort of be viewed as a personal attack on Nate, but I think that particular FJer was upset about something in her own life.

I haven't returned because I've been busy. Truly. I quick glanced last night after a long day of homeschooling, taking kids to extra curricular stuff, tutoring and teaching fitness classes. I got up early and spent the entire day today at the shore with my family.

I'm disappointed Nate posted here as 'lonelyboy' and whomever else. I've spoken to him directly about stepping out now and I think closing down his twitter account is the best for everyone, no matter his primary motive. I don't think it is mentally healthy for anyone who is a subject of this board to be here reading, whether they deserve the criticism or not. I don't believe he was livvylib, but it seems ultimately only the moderators can clear that up if they are able to.

It can easily become an obsession and huge distraction to know there is months long conversation going on about you and your family. It has been for me for the past few days and it doesn't really directly affect me. While I appreciate the respect I've received, I could never be a regular poster here because it just isn't a mentally healthy place for me.

I never spoke to him BEFORE he posted his note. I suspected he knew about this board, it isn't hard to find. I never "alerted" him to anything here. We've never spoken before late last night about anything I've posted or read on here or any other place at any other time. In any place I've discussed my sister I've always been outright about who I am.

I'm hoping that the closing of the twitter account and the focus on good news from my sister is enough for everyone to move onto to a healthier place all around.

Tinylegs1-I don't post on this thread, only follow it because as a nurse & someone with a family history of CF (uncle & two second cousins died of it) I have sympathy for those suffering. I was recently (last month) tested to see if I am a carrier for CF as I will be starting to try for a family after my wedding in June. I was lucky enough not to be a carrier.

All I wanted to say is you seem like a wonderful sister. I can't imagine how hard this is for you. My little sister is my best friend & I adore her so much. My thoughts are with you & your parents & of course your sister & her daughter.

I'm so sorry for your family's loss and am happy you can start your own without concern for the disease. Good luck. God knows parenting is perilous all on its own. :p

Thank you for your kind thoughts. She is inspiring, we are very close and I cherish every moment.

Tinylegs1, thank you so much for taking the time to share with us. I hope that reading here has not been too stressful for you. I'm glad you have a great relationship with Tricia. She seems like a very special and loving person, and you seem like an awesome and loving sister and auntie. My older sisters are my best friends too. I wish you all the best and good health and many blessings for Tricia and family.

Archived