IGNORED

JD courting Anna Hackel?

Pclee

Guest Anonymous

I would replace the "C" or "K" in a normal name with a "Q" or a "Qu"

Qristina

Quolin

But that's crazy.

Shhhhh! Stop, for the love of the Flying Spaghetti Monster, shhhhh! Scrub the internet, quick! At this very moment you're giving some young fundie girl ideas for baby names! Think of the children!

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Still SO MUCH better than the one Anna wore on her honeymoon... and the ones they wore Slip-n-Sliding.

That's what I was thinking. The outfit Anna wore parasailing was seriously ugly. :puke-right:

I would replace the "C" or "K" in a normal name with a "Q" or a "Qu"

Qristina

Quolin

But that's crazy.

I can only come up with like 4 actual 'Q' names. (Quiana, Queenie, Quentin, Quincy...)

But replacing "c" or "k" (as a first letter) in a normal name? horrendous. Go ahead and replace the c's and k's in the middle of the name. Or at the end. Like Dominic -> Dominique.

Once knew a QF family that used all Qs. Yes, they replaced Ks and Cs with Q or Qu. However, they also had at least two names that were entirely made up gibberish. They were pregnant with #7 when I last was in contact with them. But, she was mid-20s, had them 10-18 months apart, always gave birth to preemies and was pregnant again before 6 months was up. I imagine they had to eventually get a LOT more creative with the names.

That's what I was thinking. The outfit Anna wore parasailing was seriously ugly. :puke-right:

For modest bathing suits, those girls are showing a lotta leg!

• 2 weeks later...

BTTT because someone at TWOP claimed that JD was visiting the Hackels while the girls were on the mission trip a couple of weeks ago. Does anyone have any intel they're not sharing? :mrgreen:

BTTT because someone at TWOP claimed that JD was visiting the Hackels while the girls were on the mission trip a couple of weeks ago. Does anyone have any intel they're not sharing? :mrgreen:

Hmmm... interesting. It really annoys me when people make some claim and provide no supporting evidence. I tried googling but came up empty. The only thing I found was a picture of Anna Hackel with Jill at some ATI conference in 2010. duggarfamily.com/content/photos?&albumid=5554871048987229201 However, I guess this means I am going to have to start reading TWoP again if they know (or make up) stuff we don't know.

I've actually seen a Quartney.

I think the same letter thing is stupid, and I hope the next one to have babies doesn't do that.

I did meet a family through work once who named their kids after precious stones: Diamond, Ruby, Crystal, Jade, something like that. I found it rather odd...

Hmmm... interesting. It really annoys me when people make some claim and provide no supporting evidence. I tried googling but came up empty. The only thing I found was a picture of Anna Hackel with Jill at some ATI conference in 2010. duggarfamily.com/content/photos?&albumid=5554871048987229201 However, I guess this means I am going to have to start reading TWoP again if they know (or make up) stuff we don't know.

I did the same thing and noticed how Miss Hackel has lightened her hair and updated her look BIG TIME this past year.

As for names, old sports fans may remember brothers Golden and Sterling Richards.

I really hope JD is courting Anna Hackel. Actually I hope anyone is courting anyone in the Duggar family because otherwise they're really boring. I don't think JD would ever name all his kids with the same letter. I think Smuggar is probably the only one who wants to be exactly like his father and hold onto the fame in that way. I really hope none of the other kids do that. Or if they do, I hope they don't pick an easy letter, like A or K or something

I did meet a family through work once who named their kids after precious stones: Diamond, Ruby, Crystal, Jade, something like that. I found it rather odd...

It's a little weird, but still better than same-letter, IMO. The names go together but it's not so obvious right away, especially if there are just a few of them. If I had twins, I might even name them Ginger and Rosemary (both names that I like in their own right). You have to think about it for half a second to notice the theme so it's not like the very first thing you notice about the kids. But I don't see how gem or flower name things could work for a Duggar family that will probably have 12+ kids, because there aren't many male names in those themes and I don't see any of them being transgressive enough to give a boy a feminine-sounding name.

I think big families tend to take on patterns just because of the parents' preferences. Anna has sisters Hannah and Susannah. The Bateses have Lawson, Jackson and Judson and daughters Ellie and Callie. So if they're gonna end up that matchy anyway, maybe it's better to go with a theme from the start.

O/T but can anyone tell me what ISB stands for? It's one FJ acronym I can't seem to figure out.

O/T but can anyone tell me what ISB stands for? It's one FJ acronym I can't seem to figure out.

Idle speculation bus. :lol:

Idle speculation bus. :lol:

Thank you... I came up with a number of words for the I but Idle was never one of them.

Thank you... I came up with a number of words for the I but Idle was never one of them.

I sometimes read it as IBS. I'm like why are we talking about irritable bowels.

I sometimes read it as IBS. I'm like why are we talking about irritable bowels.

Because they're irritable, that's why.

Naming your kids after flowers makes me think of Hyacinth, Daisy, Rose and Violet from Keeping Up Appearances

Naming your kids after flowers makes me think of Hyacinth, Daisy, Rose and Violet from Keeping Up Appearances

LOL, that's one of the funniest shows ever! :D

It looks like the TWOP person who said that JD was visiting the Hackels was mistaken. A previous poster said that "maybe JD was visiting the Hackels" and the person misread that as "must be."

Just came to post the TWOP news but see I was beaten by one of my FJ/TWOP brethren.

Nothing to see here....yet. :mrgreen:

Makes me think of Lily and Petunia from Harry Potter.

I actually like having some kind of theme for my (future) childrens names. But since I know the Duggars names that start with the same letter have somehow died for me. But my boyfriend and I are really thinking about only biblical names and middle names after family members. In my family there is the crazy tradition that all we kids have four names. We are named after family members and people that inspired my mother and I really like that. We have a little story about each of our names and on our birthday it's a tradition that my mothers tells our birth-stories and the stories how she chose our names. I can really imagine doing that too.

Archived