IGNORED

Would you like Jesus with that?

Convicted Blossom

Marci over at thankful-homemaker.blogspot.com is smitten with gospel tracts in fact, once you've got your home priorities sorted and consulted the headship, Marci suggests you plan your Christmas giving with these handy dandy little giveaways.

Just in time for Christmas she gives us a fourteen point plan on ways and means to reach out to others this holiday season thankful-homemaker.blogspot.com/2012/12/14-simple-outreach-ideas-with-eternal.html

Using Marci's input you can cover everyone your family would like to bless and share with this Christmas -- your unsuspecting neighbours, people you pass in the street, the people behind you in the drive through, "Asians" and "Africans", your Christmas card recipients, even the homeless. And don't forget the Giveaway!

Before you start take the time to ponder and pray as a family on ways you can do this together. Involve your children and please check first and get the go ahead from your husband. He is a good source to go to and to ask how you are doing with your time at home and he may have some great ideas on reaching your community with the gospel. Working together as a family will grow you all into being others focused.

As I stated earlier, planning is key in reaching out. Just like any other project you need to have a plan of action for it to happen. If you are going to hand out tracts they need to be accessible. If you want to give someone a bible you need to have some on hand. If you want to have a family over for dinner you need to invite them.

Here are some easy and simple ways to reach out to those around your community and around the world with an eternal focus.

Don't forget to enter the giveaway at the end!!

I have found that it is true if I want to have someone over for dinner I need to invite them. It helps if I cook a meal too. :geek:

I only have one Bible, it is from 1870 and is very large and heavy.

My headships are all feline, and they don't really care what I do as long as they have water, food, and clean litter.

I hate evangelism with a consuming passion. It just seems so relentless, sneaky and rude.

Keep some basic gospel literature and bibles handy in your car, home and purse for times when you would like to leave someone with a little more information.

I really need some tracts to give back. However, I've noticed that evangelists are often shocked and offended when someone uses the same tactics against them. They usually can't understand what treating other people like you'd like to be treated actually means.

We had a stamp made for it and stamp the back of our tracts so people can seek out more information if they are curious when reading the tract. It is areyouasinner.com.

I don't know why, but I found the stamp humorous.

Christmas is a great time to hand out a tract and a gift. Living Waters has some neat tracts that you could put some fresh one dollar bills in to hand to people as you are out and about. Not too many people out there turn down a gift of cash. Great 2 minute video on how to easily do this one here.

Really? Tricking people and making them feel foolish isn't a great way to convince someone to join your religion.

Oh yes, please get down and pray with the kids on how to get the neighbors to hate your smug, self righteous ass even more. Throw in some false humility by making sure you get your headship's permission.

These women are freaks.

He is a good source to go to and to ask how you are doing with your time at home and he may have some great ideas on reaching your community with the gospel.

OMG must go and ask hubby how I can reach our community with the gospel. I might film his response :lol:

I think I know my community's response already, and it's likely to involve the words F*&% OFF.

Archived