IGNORED

Mormon feminists plan "Wear Pants to Church Day"

ADoyle90815

Even worse are the comments posted on that day's Facebook page. I've personally experienced judgment for wearing slacks to the Mormon church, as at the time, I had no idea it was a skirts or dresses only church on Sundays. The sexism is one of the reasons I ended up leaving, but more than that, I just didn't believe in the Book of Mormon.

facebook.com/events/144815455666087/

I read comments for about 20 minutes and wanted to stab myself in the eye. I have millions of thoughts and no words...none. :evil:

I had no idea that there was a skirts/dresses only rule for Sunday. I have quite a few Mormon friends and they wear pants all the time, so I assumed they could wear what they pleased on Sunday. In my church you see anything from people in jeans and football sweaters to people in suits and Sunday dresses at Mass. I thought it was the same everywhere (naive of me, I know).

The comments on CJane's blog are just ridiculous. The one I found most hilarious was the concern trolling about, "I hope our non-member friends reading this post don't think that your post is what Mormonism is about," and "I felt nothing of the Spirit in this post." Um, speaking as a non-member, ladies, I found your comments about feminists and women who wear pants to church far, far more off-putting than anything CJane had to say. You couldn't pay me money to sign on to be a woman in the Mormon church. Not on a bet.

That's how I found this forum. I saw a question on Yahoo answers from a mother wanting to know if she should "confront" her daughter because she had found jeans in her bag! She was fundie Christian. I was pleased to see that many people made the point about skirts being easier access, and even pointed out she was very lucky to have a daughter like that if that was all she had to worry about. Anyway, after doing some googling on the topic, I was well chuffed to find an entire forum dedicated to issues like this.

Archived