IGNORED

When SotDRT goes pro

Terrie

There's a local fundie private school that has a slogan about "Preparing Christ centered leaders for the world." Every time I see it, I think about how much more I would respect them if they remembered the hyphen in "Christ-centered."

Our local Christian school had posters up all over town advertising a possible new all day kindergarten. They wanted to "gage" interest. Um--no thanks! I will take my chances with public school, thank you very much.

And, a little OT, but when my friend called the other Christian school in town to "gage" their literacy program in kindergarten all she heard about was their "amazing" potty program. There were specially scheduled times throughout the day that students could use the potty. She repeatedly asked about literacy instruction and she was repeatedly told that "there were specially scheduled times throughout the dat that students could use the potty." She also took her chances with public school!

One of my speech teammates in high school was upset when her friend was forced by her parents to transfer from our public school to the strict Christian private school in town. A lot of her homework involved memorizing long passages of the Bible. She brought a plastic knife in her lunch and was suspended, but when a classmate brought a BB gun to school and she reported it, the teacher responded that the gun was clearly fake and the classmate didn't get in trouble.

We have a billboard in our town for the local Christian school that says "Remember the CENTER of your child's education!" Only the "T" in center is a cross. :roll: See how they did that? Isn't that clever?

Only..."T" isn't the center of "center".

One of my speech teammates in high school was upset when her friend was forced by her parents to transfer from our public school to the strict Christian private school in town. A lot of her homework involved memorizing long passages of the Bible. She brought a plastic knife in her lunch and was suspended, but when a classmate brought a BB gun to school and she reported it, the teacher responded that the gun was clearly fake and the classmate didn't get in trouble.

That's nuts!! Was the person who brought in the BB gun and guy? The private schools by me or either Catholic, or they are Jewish Day schools. That is nuts about the long Bible passages, was she to do that instead of other stuff?

Yes, I think the BB gun owner was a guy. It's the same private school situation in my area. The public schools in my area are really good, so people only send their children to private schools for religious reasons.

Yes, I think the BB gun owner was a guy. It's the same private school situation in my area. The public schools in my area are really good, so people only send their children to private schools for religious reasons.

Same with my area. I live in a small town surrounded by other small towns that have some of the BEST public schools in the STATE!! that is why houses and taxes are so much, people WANT to move to the area because of the schools. Although if someone in the school (guy or girl) brought a BB gun they would be suspended, and the whole area would now about it.

And, a little OT, but when my friend called the other Christian school in town to "gage" their literacy program in kindergarten all she heard about was their "amazing" potty program. There were specially scheduled times throughout the day that students could use the potty. She repeatedly asked about literacy instruction and she was repeatedly told that "there were specially scheduled times throughout the dat that students could use the potty." She also took her chances with public school!

That's gross!! Glad she took her chances w/ the public school.

There's a private Baptist school I see on my way to work. The sign always has anti-Obama bullshit on it. I went to their Facebook once to see what else they were saying and I saw under the "recommendations" part where a teacher had written "I love this school. So blessed to teach their!"

Archived