IGNORED

The quote all Fundies should Read

homeschoolmomma1

I can imagine the fundie response: "But our children ARE high quality! We raise them for the Lord so they're better than all the other children"

vomit

:clap:

I can imagine the fundie response: "But our children ARE high quality! We raise them for the Lord so they're better than all the other children"

I was thinking the same thing. The fundies would probably try to get around it by saying that too. Anyone who has a child that doesn't meet the fundie standward would automatically be the bad or lesser child.

Eh, I'm not a fan of the quote.

I'm not against large families IF the parents have the time and resources to be good parents to their children. It is possible. I have seen it happen.

I also believe that some people grow up to have issues regardless of their upbringing. How does one define a "quality" child, anyway?

Eh, I'm not a fan of the quote.

I'm not against large families IF the parents have the time and resources to be good parents to their children. It is possible. I have seen it happen.

I also believe that some people grow up to have issues regardless of their upbringing. How does one define a "quality" child, anyway?

The "quality" made me cringe. Makes it sound like kids are luxury goods or something.

No doubt Zsu believes her children are of the highest quality.

Quality is subjective and people make it mean what they want it to mean. The arrogance of fundies regarding their children and the way they're being raised says they firmly believe they are having more quality children.

Quality children are the ones that won't ever make you feel insecure about your ability to parent them. Wondering if you're doing a good job is a symptom of low-quality children, not an average parenting response. Therefore, if you feel super-smug over your amazing offspring, you're good to go. /sarcasm

Margaret Mead was a working woman with a PhD, divorced multiple times, and was rumoured to have a relationship with Ruth Benedict. What could she possibly know??

Instead of needing lots of children, we need high-quality children.

Margaret Mead

The quote is a bit creepy. How do you define "high-quality" children? Too many potentially racist and ableist overtones there....

OTOH, I would agree that quality is more important than quantity in PARENTING.

The "quality" made me cringe. Makes it sound like kids are luxury goods or something.

I took it to mean we should raise our kids to be the best they can be, not churn out 20 kids with no real future.

Although worded rather strangely, I understand what you're getting at.

What I've always marveled at is how fundies view love. They preach about saving "your whole heart" for "the one" of god's choosing and how you can give away pieces to the point where you don't have any left for your husband, but yet they have an endless supply of love for dozens of children. O.o?

Instead of needing lots of children, we need high-quality children.

Margaret Mead

Meh, I don't like that quote at all personally. It make me cringe at the idea of someone judging a child as "low quality". I don't even want to think about what children would not make the cut as being defined as "high quality". I am guessing Special Needs children would all be disdained with the worldview that quote seems to encompass.

Archived