IGNORED

Some Fundie Royal girls getting... less fundie!? Some ex.'s

Karsaroni

If evangelicals are any indication, people trying to boost numbers for their church are trying to appear more hip and mainstream while still believing the same patriarchal bullshit. Missionaries on college campuses don't wear suits, they wear what everyone else wears. People going door to door are more likely to wear regular clothes (though the Mormons that stopped by my house a few weeks ago didnt). Just about every church now advertises contemporary services (later in the morning with more modern, pop/rock music) and its all "come as you are". This has been pretty recent, ten years ago this was not the case for every church. Fundies and evangelicals alike are far too prone to treating churches like businesses, and then it all just seems very cult-like to people who expected a more tolerant and science-friendly message. Fundies have figured out that frumpers and gelled hair don't sell as well as cute skirts and T shirts. Same toxic bullshit, new look.

For some of the fundie kids it might well be actual rebellion, or maybe a family as a whole loosening up, but in most cases all fundies are trying to sell something that isn't very easy to sell, especially with frumpy anachro-wear.

She's not exactly a fundie royal but according to her facebook page Andrea (from God is Writing my Love Story) is separated. She is also wearing pants in her profile picture.

• 2 weeks later...

Indeed, she seems not fundie at all anymore! From what I read on facebook, she left her city with her children, and probably pretty fast, as she said she wasn´t able to take all her daughter´s toys. I wonder what happened. Maybe the husband was abusive? Or she realized that being 21 and having 2 children under 2 is not as fun as she thought it would be?

Actually, I just re-read it and it seems something happened with her husband. A friend posted (everything is open! I kept the grammar errors) "You know you're kids, you know billy, and you know this situation better than anyone". I´m so sorry that such a young girl is going through this, with 2 little children! When I was 21 all I cared was finals and my part time job. Andrea seems to have changed a lot since she wrote her former blog. Reality slapped her in the face, that´s for sure.

Archived