IGNORED

Where do you imagine your place would be in a fundie world?

AtroposHeart

Let's say that fundies ruled the country and their culture was dominant.

Where do you say that your place in that society would be?

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd probably be economically and socially marginalized. There is soooo no place for me in Fundieland.

I would be a second-class citizen due my religion. I would probably be required to attend a fundie church similar to mandatory church attendance in the Puritan times. I would not be surprised if I had to wear something marking me as an outsider (a yellow star perhaps?) so that people knew I was not one of them.

Maybe we'd luck out and be cell mates!

:lol: We're going to need beer. So we will need someone on the outside. OH ..WAIT Beer will be banned :( Going to need a whole liberal underground infrastructure :lol:

Seriously. I have no idea. I am after all a Catholic, who lives in *gasp* sin with the Father of my child born out of wedlock. I also have a career. I don't like guns and I have a social conscience. I'm just not going to fit huh?

:lol: We're going to need beer. So we will need someone on the outside. OH ..WAIT Beer will be banned :( Going to need a whole liberal underground infrastructure :lol:

We need volunteer liquor runners for the liberal underground! :lol:

I imagine that I would have been stoned (with rocks, not pot) as a teenager.

I would be pretending to be fundie on the outside and presenting that way to the public, but inside not beating my kids, giving them a proper education and not forcing Jesus on them.

I could probably see myself having a large family though, if I had the money to support them, and a decent house so I dont have to stack them on shelves.....but I would choose when I had those kids and when to stop.

Im not particularly sexually interested in men, mostly into women, so maybe I could marry a gay man and raise kids with him (probably adopted), as we pretend that we are infertile. We could also have secret partners of our preferred sex on the side.

I'd be the leader of the underground resistance. I'd wear a very fetching beret and take scores of unshaven politically motivated lovers. People would make films about me in later years (after we'd orchestrated the fundie downfall) and they would get some sort of Brigitte Bardot lookalike to play me.

(even though I look as much like BB as a turd looks like a pearl necklace but shh, artistic licence)

Meanwhile I would be a retired old lady living in the country, I would keep one of the beardy lovers and lots of cats. My ten children would all laugh at the idea of me as a rebel, I would just smile knowingly and sip my sloe gin.

We need volunteer liquor runners for the liberal underground! :lol:

All you need is some spuds and you can brew poitcheen a la Long Kesh

-sigh- In the kitchen. I'm young, female, fairly conventional and heterosexual enough that they could "fix" most of my sins so far by marrying me off quick to the boyfriend I live with and getting rid of my birth control. I don't think I would be rebellious enough to break the rules because I'm pretty naturally timid. I'd just be bitter and making a lot of really terrible, burnt casseroles. Oh, and the hubby would be miserable as well, because I'd be upset about not being able to pursue my dreams for university and would secretly blame him. So I would do my best to passive aggressively make his home life hell. I enjoy sex, so I'd probably be on kid number 2 or 3. Throw in a family history of intense post-partum depression, and... It would not be pretty.

I'd be the leader of the underground resistance. I'd wear a very fetching beret and take scores of unshaven politically motivated lovers. People would make films about me in later years (after we'd orchestrated the fundie downfall) and they would get some sort of Brigitte Bardot lookalike to play me.

(even though I look as much like BB as a turd looks like a pearl necklace but shh, artistic licence)

Meanwhile I would be a retired old lady living in the country, I would keep one of the beardy lovers and lots of cats. My ten children would all laugh at the idea of me as a rebel, I would just smile knowingly and sip my sloe gin.

:lol:

Knowing what I was like when I was late teens to early twenties I'd probably be married with tons of kids, horribly depressed but still pretending everything's great while barely able to function.

I like to think that on the outside I would play the part of the perfect, content, SAHD while in the meantime being hugely involved with the liberal underground resistance. I'd continue to be a SAHD for as along as humanly possible to avoid having a ton of kids that would hinder my resistance involvement and so I could pick up my life again after the fundie downfall. Also, I volunteer to smuggle in the beer for our fellow liberal brethren in prison :twisted:

I would have been sent on the government equivalent of Journey to the Heart starting at the age of 13 for reading Harry Potter, dating boys, listening to non-Christian rock, wearing two-piece bathing suits, and asking questions about the fucked up version of Christianity I was being fed. I would probably have been freed at 18 when I decided to go back, but now I would probably be in prison for being an atheist and having sex before marriage.

Or, I would be strong-armed into a courtship and forced to marry some asshole from Hometown and have popped out a blessing or two, who would then be abandoned as I went to prison for being an atheist taking birth control, and they were left with a neglectful douche canoe of a "father" who referred to any time spent with them as baby-sitting and found a new wench to babysit them (read: beat the shit out of). I would finally be freed from prison after faking a confession of faith, and promising myself I would be a bit more scrupulous in finding an effective form of birth control.

I'm actually writing a story about this shit, I've thought it through.

Let's see. Provided I could avoid being burned at the stake for being a witch (I do make some salves from some of my herbs to treat skin ailments), I would have to go right into the re education camps for single middle age Eastern Orthodox idol worshippers. I would mouth what I needed to to get loose, and then immediately go into the production of wine and liquor. I know how to build a still and have assisted in the family endevours in the past. So I would provide the good citizens of Funlandia with wine for their stomachs and other ailments, and slivovitz (rakia) to make the heart glad. I would photograph the "closeted" customers (and there will be lots) for blackmail purposes and to keep business running smooth.

They wouldn't try to pair my with a husband: womb is on it's last eggs not to mention I have a mouth on me and am not afraid to use it. One of my BILs would have to take me under his Godly protection, preferably the Buddhist who brews his own beer. Joint-family business would be the way to go. Eventually we could expand into yogurt.

Archived