IGNORED

Election Losers Call On God In Secession Effort

doggie

this is a good article on how silly it really is. the whole make it keep it pure thing never works in real life. People are not pure and they always tend to act towards their own self interests.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/11/3 ... 15158.html

(RNS) Corruption has gone too far. The righteous must break away. Hope now rests with a holy remnant that will honor foundational texts.

The message sounds familiar. A church schism? No, mounting calls for secession from the United States.

Since President Obama won re-election, more than 750,000 Americans have petitioned the White House website to let their respective states secede, from Alaska to Iowa to Maryland and Vermont. Those leading the charge are framing it, observers say, in terms that suggest a deep-seated religious impulse for purity-through-separation is flaring up once again.

What happened to manifest destiny when God supposedly wanted people to spread across the continent? Now he's changed his mind? So much for what God has built let not man put asunder.

I wonder what will happen to NM. The north half of the state is blue and the south half is red. I live in the only blue county in the red part of the state.

I wonder what will happen to NM. The north half of the state is blue and the south half is red. I live in the only blue county in the red part of the state.

You'll need a passport to go to work I guess?

You'll need a passport to go to work I guess?

That complicates things a whole bunch. I currently have a US passport. Would I have to get a new one or could I use my old one? They are expensive and I dont want to have to spend an extra $90 because someone is butthut that they did not win.

That complicates things a whole bunch. I currently have a US passport. Would I have to get a new one or could I use my old one? They are expensive and I dont want to have to spend an extra $90 because someone is butthut that they did not win.

I'm assuming a US one wouldn't work since they are seceding. You'd probably need a United States of Jesus passport, or whatever they decide to call themselves.

If these fundies truly believe God is in charge, why are they worried about who gets to be president? If they truly believe they are in the world but not of it, why are they worried about who is president?

Oh silly me, expecting logic from these people.

I'm assuming a US one wouldn't work since they are seceding. You'd probably need a United States of Jesus passport, or whatever they decide to call themselves.

If these fundies truly believe God is in charge, why are they worried about who gets to be president? If they truly believe they are in the world but not of it, why are they worried about who is president?

Oh silly me, expecting logic from these people.

I would rather be a refugee then live in the United States of Jesus. I hope the real US will give me refugee status and not make me immigrate. I may have to do illegal immigration if thats the case.

I would rather be a refugee then live in the United States of Jesus. I hope the real US will give me refugee status and not make me immigrate. I may have to do illegal immigration if thats the case.

Amen, sister! But your state is too beautiful to let them have. They can have Wyoming and Montana and the Dakotas.

Only 750,000? I guess we know exactly how many Teabaggers there are now. Not enough to care about.

Perhaps we can find an island or an isolated plot just for them.

Some people never learn they called on god to elect Romney that did not work now they think this will. too bad god has been ignoring them.

Thing is, for those online petitions all you needed was a dummy e-mail account. You could lie about your location and make one for a state you don't live in, as far as I know. I can't believe people took that secession bullshit seriously. What a bunch of whiny brats.

Interestingly, the Wasington Post ran an article a couple if weeks ago--on vacation so not able to look it up--detailing the discrepency between money in (taxes) and money out. The majority of red states actually accept more money from the gov't. than they bring in with taxes. It actually makes financial sense to allow the red states to leave and stop draining the union. Considering the tea party & their ilk, I found this quite funny:)

Interestingly, the Wasington Post ran an article a couple if weeks ago--on vacation so not able to look it up--detailing the discrepency between money in (taxes) and money out. The majority of red states actually accept more money from the gov't. than they bring in with taxes. It actually makes financial sense to allow the red states to leave and stop draining the union. Considering the tea party & their ilk, I found this quite funny:)

I read that article. I'll see if I can find it.

I'd love for those red states to hear, "Enjoy life without all that wonderful federal aid. The US really will be the wealthiest nation in the world without states like Mississippi sucking us dry. Don't let the door hit y'all on the ass."

I read that article. I'll see if I can find it.

I'd love for those red states to hear, "Enjoy life without all that wonderful federal aid. The US really will be the wealthiest nation in the world without states like Mississippi sucking us dry. Don't let the door hit y'all on the ass."

I was just thinking, They can have Mississippi! I can't imagine the rest of the country missing it. People/businesses who want to leave MS would have three years to make arrangements to vacate then the wall (a literal wall) would go up. No one in or out – that's how MS would want it, no? Keep out the liberal riffraff. There would be no trade between the U.S. and MS and any country that chose to trade with MS would be frozen out of the U.S. market. They'd last two years then they'd be begging to be let back in so they could get some of that sweet, sweet, dirty gov't. aid. Yeah, I'm not a nice person.

Can we just make fundie reservations? We could stick them next-door to the FLDS in their little godforsaken corner of the Utah/Arizona border. Or take a page from George Carlin and give them one of the square states, put up video cameras and wait for them to turn on each other then TLC can pick it up as their newest reality show.

Surely, if their God is omnipotent, then this is exactly how he wanted things to be. I mean, he can answer prayers for parking spaces and Godly hams, but for some reason he didn't care enough to keep Obama from winning? Unless, you know, he's imaginary. Or a dirty liberal. Or something.

Can we just make fundie reservations? We could stick them next-door to the FLDS in their little godforsaken corner of the Utah/Arizona border. Or take a page from George Carlin and give them one of the square states, put up video cameras and wait for them to turn on each other then TLC can pick it up as their newest reality show.

YOU WIN!!! This is the best idea, ever.

Wyoming is the squarest of them all so it would be very apropos.

Wyoming is the squarest of them all so it would be very apropos.

On second thought we could probably keep Wyoming since according to fundie math they'd really only need a couple city blocks, because the entire population of the world could fit comfortably into Jacksonville Florida.

On second thought we could probably keep Wyoming since according to fundie math they'd really only need a couple city blocks, because the entire population of the world could fit comfortably into Jacksonville Florida.

Good point. So, maybe just an area of Jacksonville then? It would certainly be easier to wall off than MS or WY.

I'd prefer keeping the southern bible belt intact. That way they could secure that international boarder down Tejas and AZ way to the best of their abilities.

southernsovereignty.tripod.com/id35.html

I would like to remind everyone that the South never surrendered and our nation is under occupation. The Confederacy still exists.*

Some of his/her points are what you'd expect from a secessionist but there are also some unexpected ones.

12. The federal government has allowed incorrect facts about history to be taught thus lowering and removing our children’s pride in their heritage and culture.

15. By allowing the American Indian populations to continue to live in substandard housing and forcing them to remain on reservations.

I'm not certain what to think about number 15. Is the writer suggesting that we improve the Native Americans' reservations or that we force them to leave?

Article 3 - Allowing the mass murder of children.

Article 12 - Interfering with the private lives of individuals and their families without cause.

and

Article 23 - The federal government has allowed corporations to deny the citizens right to join a union.

Article 25 - Denying the rights of the Sovereign citizens and the American Indians to have a standard of living adequate to maintain good health and well being.

What? Article 23 and 24 doesn't seem the normal right wing thinking.

dixienet.org/rights/index.shtml

Here is another site for those up late tonight. This is from the site's FAQ

Q: Is the LS a Christian organisation?

A: While we have no religious requirement for membership, as an organisation we do recognise the legacy of Christianity and the universal sovereignty of the triune God. Most League members are Christians, and we base our movement on Christian principles. Trinitarian Christianity can not be separated or removed from Southern society or culture without both ceasing to be Southern.

It sounds as if the answer to the question would be a simple yes.

:

Why does the LS seek to protect the Anglo-Celtic core population and culture of the historic South?

A: The Anglo-Celtic peoples settled the South and gave it its dominate culture and civilisation. We believe that the advancement of Anglo-Celtic culture and civilisation is vital in order to preserve our region as we know it. Should this core be destroyed or displaced the South would be made over in an alien image — unfamiliar and inhospitable to our children and grandchildren. We, as Anglo-Celtic Southerners, have a duty to protect that which our ancestors bequeathed to us. If we do not promote our interests then no one will do it for us.

Most of my ancestry is Irish with a little Cherokee thrown in for good measure. However, I married someone whose mom was Jewish. I guess that I'd be screwed in their south.

Although I know that the south can't secede, the fact that we have so many crazy people who even consider the idea frightens me.

Archived