IGNORED

Being a fangirl

JesusFightClub

I sat a couple of rows behind Ken MacLeod and could barely watch a person I knew from the union doing a speech because IT WAS KEN MACLEOD AND HE WAS SAT THERE. I was too shy to speak to him because KEN MACLEOD.

This book http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Star_Fraction totally defined my life. Some of the technology is dated (from 1995) but every time I pick it up and read it I get a new understanding. I recently noticed there's a joke in there about "stickies" which is to do with the difference between the "Official IRA" and "Provisional IRA".

Has anyone else had this bizarre fangirl issue? Where someone you respect a lot appears and you're scared to speak?

I sat a couple of rows behind Ken MacLeod and could barely watch a person I knew from the union doing a speech because IT WAS KEN MACLEOD AND HE WAS SAT THERE. I was too shy to speak to him because KEN MACLEOD.

This book http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Star_Fraction totally defined my life. Some of the technology is dated (from 1995) but every time I pick it up and read it I get a new understanding. I recently noticed there's a joke in there about "stickies" which is to do with the difference between the "Official IRA" and "Provisional IRA".

Has anyone else had this bizarre fangirl issue? Where someone you respect a lot appears and you're scared to speak?

How cool for you JFC!

Sadly no I have the opposite thing, if I see a famous person I automatically think I know them. I did actually say 'Hey How you doin' to Billy Connelly in that dismissive way you do when you know someone but don't want to speak.

My chap met Jonathon Watson at some drunk do. He said 'Do you know who I am?' To which my partner replied 'Why have you forgotten?' Legend.

Not sure who would make me fangirl.

I am a massive fan of Jack White, in an embarrassingly teenager-ish way. I think he is a total guitar and songwriting genius, plus he is HOT. Well, last night a friend of my husband casually mentioned that he once had a drink with Jack White (one of those know-someone-who-knows-someone occasions). I kid you not, I actually felt faint at the thought that someone I knew had met him. God knows what I would be like if I met him myself. I'd probably go bright red, then shrivel up and die.

I was a total fangirl when I met Zachary Quinto - I got an autograph, but I couldn't speak, could barely breath, was probably bright red and nearly fainted when he told me to have a good day.

I've also met Mia Kirshner, and I lost the ability to speak and when she asked me my name I briefly forgot what it was :D She was on The L Word and The Vampire Diaries, and here is a picture for reference: 936full-mia-kirshner.jpg because part of the reason I forgot my own name is how absolutely gorgeous she is/

i always figured that i would burst into tears if i ever met Julia Child. i was starstruck when i met Ina Mae Gaskin. And Icried when Ifinally saw the English Beat.

I could hardly stammer out a word when I met Kit Pearson (a Canadian children's author) at about age 10. Same with Irene Watts.

I can be a total fangirl, but I usually don't let it show. The one time I was actually shaking and close to tears when I met Donnie Wahlberg about 5 years ago. I've been a New Kids fan since I was 10, I was always a Joe girl, but then Donnie stood in front of me and smiled and hugged me and I was done.

I also think I'd probably faint if I met Paul McCartney or Aretha Franklin, so I never want to meet them. lol

Archived