IGNORED

Kirk Cameron wants to give you a speshul bible

Buzzard

Wow.

2na703m.png

This isn't a parody mock-up built from a poorly-timed photo. He chose that shot of his own volition.

He looks awful. No. Seriously. I've known people who have lived HARD lives who look younger than he does at 45. Geez!!

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Text from the Geneva Bible is not rare. One can get it online as a PDF or even order a hard-backed version.

That Bible is significant, but a large chunk of it was nonetheless taken word-for-word from the earlier Tyndale Version.

What irritates me most about Cameron's sales pitch, however, is that he focuses on money - on the alleged 'economic liberty' that comes of reading this Bible - over and above any other points of superiority the Geneva Bible might have when compared to the KJV.

In other words, he's selling a public domain document at a profit (1) by pretending to its scarcity, and (2) by indicating that an avid reader might be able to mine material wealth from its pages.

(NOTE TO KIRK: There's no pocket in a shroud.)

Bibles - every one of them from Wycliffe and Tyndale to The Message - are filled with warnings about the love of money as well as admonitions that each individual should give to the less fortunate.

Yay for pdf versions! Wonder if there's an .epub I can put on my Kindle! (Who is going to pay 70 bucks plus shipping for something they can get free? Seriously!?)

Has Kirk Cameron, Doug Phillips, and whomever else actually read teh bible? Specifically, the part that talks about how Jesus didn't like it when people made money in the temple? Or the part where he told them to go forth and spread the word? I don't recall "Spread the word, but make sure you make a profit!" I don't understand why so many people fall for this crap. I'm not a Christian anymore, but I really don't understand this logic.

Or the part that said to pray alone and not do it where people can see you because that means you are being boastful and that's bad?

He looks awful. No. Seriously. I've known people who have lived HARD lives who look younger than he does at 45. Geez!!

The low quality of the photo really doesn't help. It makes the shadow underneath his jaw looks like some sort of spreading skin fungus.

No, Candace is quasi-fundie-lite and is still very much in contact with her brother. Perhaps you confused that with the story of how he did not invite any of the Growing Pains cast to his wedding and they were a bit offended and hurt by that.

Candace is also BFF with one of our bloggers, Time Warp Wife, I think.

Candace is also BFF with one of our bloggers, Time Warp Wife, I think.

Wait, it might be Courtney from Women Living Well, I always get those two confused.

http://jezebel.com/5936935/in-the-name- ... eing-awful

I'm sure we've discussed this awesome compilation of Kirk's moronic comments but its worth resharing in case you missed it. Its 3 minutes and the Duggars have a cameo around 1:50 complete with eyerolling as he discusses kissing only his wife to honor marriage.

Back to this point, though. In this 3 minute montage they show 2 quotes of his - one being that people need to have access to the gospel and the word, and the other being that he's acting only out of concern for people who die without knowing Jebus.

So, dickfuck... yours SOOOOOO concerned about the souls of people but you'll fleece the sheep to get a copy of "the word" for $70+? How about you show your BS concern and print copies and give them away for free or put it online?

Oh right, your book is better because the online copies are hard to read? Um, if they're hard to read shouldnt you clean that up and make sure people can read it? What about the people that cant afford to pay to hear the word? What happened to "blessed are the poor?" Is that one not in your new version?

Guest Anonymous
Has Kirk Cameron, Doug Phillips, and whomever else actually read teh bible? Specifically, the part that talks about how Jesus didn't like it when people made money in the temple? Or the part where he told them to go forth and spread the word? I don't recall "Spread the word, but make sure you make a profit!" I don't understand why so many people fall for this crap. I'm not a Christian anymore, but I really don't understand this logic.

Or the part that said to pray alone and not do it where people can see you because that means you are being boastful and that's bad?

Or better yet, when Jesus went thermonuclear in the Temple and chased all the money changers out with a whip, after overturning all of their tables.

store.kirkcameron.com/games/

This is a game? Its called "the talking jar:family jar" From the enlarged pic it says "teen anger marriage grief" and goes around the bottle. Apparently you pull out a slip of paper and talk about it? Um, why do I need to pay $20 PLUS shipping for this shit and how is it a "game?" If you need a kirk approved bottle of topics to talk about as a family I think you have much more serious problems then you're letting on to...

The jar also looks like he just rinsed out an old peanut butter jar.

Wait, it might be Courtney from Women Living Well, I always get those two confused.

It's TWW. The TWW co-authored Candace Cameron's new weight loss book with her.

Archived