Kirk Cameron wants to give you a speshul bible

Buzzard

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It reminds me of this:

2vb3kif.jpg

No offense to Neil Patrick Harris.

:laughing-rolling: Good one. Except of course for the eyebrow of irony, because NPH is self-aware as well as being talented and still able to have a meaningful career, whereas Kirky...not so much on any of those accounts.

store.kirkcameron.com/games/

This is a game? Its called "the talking jar:family jar" From the enlarged pic it says "teen anger marriage grief" and goes around the bottle. Apparently you pull out a slip of paper and talk about it? Um, why do I need to pay $20 PLUS shipping for this shit and how is it a "game?" If you need a kirk approved bottle of topics to talk about as a family I think you have much more serious problems then you're letting on to...

I'm sure that is supposed to be his manly gaze off into the distance while contemplating monumental thoughts. The problem, f course, is that he doesn't have any.

Guest Anonymous
I'm sure that is supposed to be his manly gaze off into the distance while contemplating monumental thoughts. The problem, f course, is that he doesn't have any.

Actually, he's been constipated since about 1996.

I can promise that my forefathers had nothing to do with the Geneva Bible. They came to the US less than 150 years ago, and didn't speak English.

:lol:

Mine's weren't literate - half of them didn't need to be (they were Irish peasants) and the other half, well, carried on various trades (shall we say) in the East End of London. They were alright with numbers, but reading, er, slightly less so.

I ARE INNOCENT OV THE GENEVA BIBLE :dance:

Wasn't the Geneva bible mostly based on the earlier Tyndale and Wycliffe bibles? You know, the ones the government in England tried to surpress during the Peasants Revolt as it was seen to support their cause? You know, the Levellers? Whose ideology would one day been known as an early Communism?

Kirk, take some history classes.

Wow.

2na703m.png

This isn't a parody mock-up built from a poorly-timed photo. He chose that shot of his own volition.

If he's going for manly and wise, he's failing. He looks confused and sad to me.

Text from the Geneva Bible is not rare. One can get it online as a PDF or even order a hard-backed version.

That Bible is significant, but a large chunk of it was nonetheless taken word-for-word from the earlier Tyndale Version.

What irritates me most about Cameron's sales pitch, however, is that he focuses on money - on the alleged 'economic liberty' that comes of reading this Bible - over and above any other points of superiority the Geneva Bible might have when compared to the KJV.

In other words, he's selling a public domain document at a profit (1) by pretending to its scarcity, and (2) by indicating that an avid reader might be able to mine material wealth from its pages.

(NOTE TO KIRK: There's no pocket in a shroud.)

Bibles - every one of them from Wycliffe and Tyndale to The Message - are filled with warnings about the love of money as well as admonitions that each individual should give to the less fortunate.

Oh, and one other thing:

The Patriot's Bible?

I thought Kirk and his fellow Calvinists were citizens of heaven - not of the world but merely in it for a short time. Why the hell would they need a Bible for "patriots"? They seem to blur religion and politics at every turn.

This focus shows a distrust of God as well as a level of naked greed and a will to power, all unbecoming in a Christian.

I'm still very confused as to what his angle is. Dont almost all fundies take the KJV as gospel (pun intended)? Is this an attempt to convince the fundies to ditch the KJV and switch to this more "accurate" bible (based on its age or whatever). Where does comfort come into all of this?

Considering Kirkydirk's shenanigans in the past wtih comfort I cant believe he came up with this idea or marketing scheme all on his own. One of the cult leaders has to be behind it. I'm just curious which one and to what end.

Kirk Cameron and Ray Comfort are relentless evangelical Calvinists. They really, really want to prove that their version of Christianity is true. In their minds, anyone who doesn't think exactly like them can't be a 'real' Christian. So, they want to stack the deck. Using a translation of the bible written by 16th century Calvinists is more friendly to their way of thinking then more accurate modern translations.

If he's going for manly and wise, he's failing. He looks confused and sad to me.

I think he looks like Tom Hanks in the movie Philadelphia - no offense to Tom Hanks.

I think he looks like Tom Hanks in the movie Philadelphia - no offense to Tom Hanks.

That was my thought as well but couldnt think of a nice way to say "he looks like he's dying!"

A couple of years ago we discussed this Blind Gossip rumor and I've always believed that it was about Kirk

BlindGossip – This former ’80s sitcom star was always very cute and popular and respectable. He married his actress sweetheart, and the couple are two of the straightest and most uber-conservative celebs and parents around. So it pains us to inform you that he’s actually a major closet case. One of his wife’s friends spotted him in a gay bar a few nights ago. The wife was so mad that she locked him out of the house and threatened divorce.

Kirk must be a miserable person. If he allows himself to see the illogical nature of his beliefs, everything will probably fall apart on him.

I'm not a huge fan of Kirk's little sister Candace, but she does seem a tad more likable than Kirk.

I thought I read somewhere that Kirk and the rest of his family were estranged? Does anyone else remember that?

I thought I read somewhere that Kirk and the rest of his family were estranged? Does anyone else remember that?

No, Candace is quasi-fundie-lite and is still very much in contact with her brother. Perhaps you confused that with the story of how he did not invite any of the Growing Pains cast to his wedding and they were a bit offended and hurt by that.

Hey dumbass fundies here's an idea learn ancient Hebrew, Aramaic, Greek and Latin, then go study under some Rabbis, a couple priests, a linguist, a theologian and a historian then you can inform the rest of us on the accuracy of the various translations of the Bible until then STFU.

Oh and Kirk why would I want to pay 70+ dollars for a translation of the Bible that I can get for free in an app on my phone along with a dozen or so more translations of the Bible?

Christan Book distributors is selling this bible for $36. There's a non-leather bound copy being sold or $25 as well.

I would consider purchasing this text but I have a LOT of translations of the Bible. I'm a PK and I waas taught the academic and literary beauty of lots of texts of the Bible. I don't hold that ONE text is the only TRUE text but I do like seeing it in multple formats when I'm reading it.

I agree! :) I like reading the different translations.

I don't believe in hitting people or animals.....but I really want to punch Kirk Cameron in the face. Every time I see his face, I want to punch him square in his maw.

And seventy bucks for a Bible? This guy is killing me.

Archived