IGNORED

Mormon Bloggers Response to The Election Thread

lilwriter85

I'm very happy it passed in my birth-state, Maine. My old school friends and my family were posting the happy news and celebrating last night. One of my old friends from school and her fiancee can finally marry now. They've been fighting for this for years. So happy for them!

I'm also happy it passed.

Does anyone know why the Mormons were all over prop 8 but largely stayed quiet on the gay marriage votes this time around? Were they just trying not to be a pr nightmarenfor mitt? Not very principled, if that was the case....

Oh no! She's having a basic healthcare safetynet forced on her!

This is one of the most disgusting views, in my mind. Healthcare should not be a privilege for those lucky enough to be able to afford it without choosing between a doctor's visit or eating for the next week. People should not die or go bankrupt with forever ruined credit and the corresponding problems getting a job thereafter because they have a pre-existing condition and can't get insurance, or work a job that doesn't provide insurance or enough pay to buy insurance, or because they can only get or afford insurance with a deductible so high that they may as well not have any. Fuck, the ACA didn't go anywhere near far enough, and it's insanity that these people are freaking out over it and calling it communism when even 10 years ago the Republican party would have been - and was - fapping all over itself about identical ideas. To me, any other view goes beyond a difference of opinion, and makes you a shitty human being. /rant

I'm also happy it passed.

Does anyone know why the Mormons were all over prop 8 but largely stayed quiet on the gay marriage votes this time around? Were they just trying not to be a pr nightmarenfor mitt? Not very principled, if that was the case....

I think they probably didn't want to be a PR nightmare for Mitt.

Archived