IGNORED

Mommy Arndt selling purses on Facebook 75-100 bucks each

0 kids n not countin

Cause we wouldn't want to promote peace, would we.........

Makes me want to send them some fabric covered in inverted pentagrams or something similar just to see what their rejection would say.

Or a five pointed star because it supposedly has to do with the devil. Or a six pointed star because it has to do with Judaism. Or a crescent moon because it represents Islam.

I do a lot of sewing and I have been employed as a sewing assistant and earned income by the piece. The first one will always take 3 or 4 times longer than the subsequent ones. Earning income by the piece taught me how to assembly line and refine my skills.

The fabric they are using on most seem to be cottons of a quilt weight. If they bought it at full retail at a quilt shop fabrics can range from $9 to $13 a yard. It looks like they used an interfacing for some type.

I have some defrauding pin-up girl and pin-up guy fabrics. One of the fabrics I have has naked pin-up girls on it. you only see their backs but they don't have any swimsuits on. :shock: I bet they'd reject all of them.

The peace sign was created from the semaphore signals for the letters "N" and "D," standing for "nuclear disarmament." Fundies would probably disagree with that too, since G-d "won't let" a nuclear war happen.

I love handmade crafts and try not to snark on anyone's hard work, but those are just revolting. My daughter might have liked a small version of one, when she was 4 or 5. If she did one in just one material, something lacy that flowed nicely rather than sticking out like a demented clown tutu, it might look okay. I'm tempted to make a knockoff featuring Pagan designs, and featuring it somewhere prominent.

I'm also into frilly stuff, but those things are hideous. And the prices are outrageous! I wonder how many she sells??

I can't really condemn her for this. It's an innocent home-business that, while perfectly in line with Arndt's beliefs, merely sells purses – and in a price range comparable to other homemade items designed to withstand heavy usage.

This is a much better use of her time than what some of her Christian blog sisters are doing – i.e., mostly pounding out poorly-written, unedited e-booklets that contain basic admonishments about how to be Good, True, Virtuous, Proverbs 31, Some-Other-Kinds-of-Perfect Christian Wives and Mothers.

I don't like the layered designs myself, although I can see the funky 'cartoon tie' people eating that stuff up. (I used to make a few extra bucks as a vendor at the local flea market, and my supplies of cartoon-themed ties were snapped up faster than I could keep them in stock. The same went for other 'loud,' comfortable, brightly-patterned clothing and accessories.)

Mama Arendt appears to have attended the same "School of Aesthetics" as the Bates girls, maybe they should all be invited to come the the FJ Con and teach a workshop? If we throw in the Botkinettes and their "Beauty Babble", we can all be real ladies when we leave!

As a design/sewing-teacher I will second what others have said, that the bags do seem to be made by someone who knows about fabrics and sewing and I think the inside design with the sidepockets would work really well as a craft-tool-caddy type thing, all that doesn't subtract from the overall hideousness of the things though and I still feel kind of sorry for the perfectly good fabric, that had to end up as part of one of those concoctions...

Guest Anonymous

Those purses are ugly, but it's better than shipping magic snake oil potions. And I prefer seeing hand-crafters pricing high. Go to etsy and a lot of moms in the midwest price nightgowns at $20 when there's at least a few yards in is. Almost no room for profit selling at WalMart prices.

But

185013_123097767841240_125333956_n.jpg

She needs to learn to sew even. Look at the pink trim around that flap. So uneven.

Those purses are ugly, but it's better than shipping magic snake oil potions. And I prefer seeing hand-crafters pricing high. Go to etsy and a lot of moms in the midwest price nightgowns at $20 when there's at least a few yards in is. Almost no room for profit selling at WalMart prices.

So why do they do it? Are they that hard up for cash? Are they buying from wholesalers who put the clothes together in sweatshops overseas? I've seen a lot of ridiculously low priced stuff on Etsy and often wonder what the story is behind the low prices.

I suppose they can use the funds the purses make to buy more stuffed animals / cuddly toys or construction toys for the men children :roll:

IMG_20121028_174444.jpg

The peace sign was created from the semaphore signals for the letters "N" and "D," standing for "nuclear disarmament." Fundies would probably disagree with that too, since G-d "won't let" a nuclear war happen.

Wonder if she'd accept olive branches and doves.

Don't like the purses; too frilly and childish-looking. And that picture of the giant Tinker-toy thing in the Arndt living room - WTF? This is what a man-child Arndt does in his spare time, I guess. This family is so bizarre.

Those are the ugliest purses I have ever seen. :shock: Also what is that sorry excuse of a construction product the men were working on? It looks like a giant version of Mouse Trap. :lol:

I suppose those man/boys are trying to figure out how the legostinkertoys fit together. As an added bonus, on the off-chance one of them escapes someday and gets married, they'll be able to put together their own tinker-toy house just like JimBob.

Like the rest of their lives, the purses are for far younger than they see. She should scale down the size and market them for 4 to 6 year olds.

When my step-daughters were six they would have gladly stabbed someone in the eye for one of those purses and proudly carried their dolls around in them. Today, as oh-so sophisticated eleven-year-olds, not so much.

What is it about fundie women and lace and frills and all manner of frou-frou?

Currently I am wearing: fuchsia yoga pants, orange t shirt, red hoodie, pink socks. I have excessive makeup on because I was procrastinating and instead of doing work I used my time to put on way too much make up. My hair is in a messy top knot.

So clearly I have entered my "crazy old lady" years and yet even I would not even think of buying(or even getting for free) this hideous purse.

Those things are so hideous. I think they look well made and she seems to have some talent at the construction, they are just frou frou vomit....ruffles and dots and pink, oh my!

Archived