IGNORED

Taliban or GOP?

thekate

7/9, hmmm. What can this mean?

The ones I didn't pick were generally ones where it could go either way, but generally although the sentiments were the same you could tell by the register.

I got 9/9...the poetic language was the giveaway for me too. Christian fundies aren't really known for making poetic statements about their beliefs.

7/9. I guessed on 2 of the Muslim fundie as Christian fundie. All of those comments are scary and crazy.

8 of 9. There is no difference in the ideas, but the language was the tell. The Islamic fundies sound a little more poetic.

Same result, same conclusion!

5 of 9 here.

What's scary is that the ones I got wrong I attributed to the fundies which tells me I really cant see any difference between the two groups.

I think the Muslim quotes will be good to use when commenting on some fundy blogs :D

Oh, but that does sound like a fun project, doesn't it?

8 of 9 right.

I'd be curious to see if the results break down by sex. One of my very liberal male friends got 5 of 9 and another, 6 of 9.

5 of 9 here.

What's scary is that the ones I got wrong I attributed to the fundies which tells me I really cant see any difference between the two groups.

Same here, I got 5 of 9.

I, in the past, would have said I was raised fundy. But, obviously not the fundies of today. (Public school educated, grad of a secular college, and those 2 things were never under discussion by my parents BTW).

Only 5 of 9 - that's really no better than just chance, barely 50/50. This is scary. "Christian" fundamentalism has morphed into a different thing over the past several years.

I got 9/9. However, a couple of them were known to me.

That being said:

I agree with Debrand that the one about daughters staying at home and learning home tasks being more valuable was the one that I debated about for quite a while. It's very easy to see that coming out of the mouths of plenty of Christian fundies - and has, although not quite that exact quote. But the idea is so often posted among the fundie blogs that I've seen some fairly similar expressions - like Kendal talking about how her girls won't go to college.

Archived