IGNORED

Fundie Darling Dinesh D'Souza Caught in Extramarital Affair

hoipolloi

And another one bites the dust! Dinesh D'Souza, darling of the Tea Party nutcases and fundie wackjobs, has been busted in an extramarital affair:

A conservative scholar behind a high-grossing documentary that condemns President Barack Obama is under investigation by the evangelical college he leads over a report he took a woman who is not his wife to an event on Christian values.

The King's College board announced the review on Tuesday, the day the conservative Christian newsmagazine WORLD reported event organizers had confronted Dinesh D'Souza about sharing a hotel room with a woman he introduced as his fiancee. D'Souza filed for divorce from his wife, Dixie D'Souza, a few days after the conference, California court records show.

The event, Truth for a New Generation, was held the weekend of Sept. 28 in South Carolina.

In a brief telephone interview with The Associated Press, Dinesh D'Souza, who became president of The King's College in 2010, said he and his wife have been "living in a state of separation for two years." He denied sharing the hotel room with the other woman.

What made him think he would get away with it, arrogance?

Talking out of ones ass is probably confusing. I imagine he will defend himself by stating he should have taken her out in a more eloquent fashion...then get away with it. :liar:

got to love the irony here. christian values and cheating on your wife. humm makes you wonder what christian values are.

For a lot of these guys "Christian family values" just means men doing whatever they hell they want while women remain subservient to them.

No idea who this is, but I do love a good dose of irony.

I do know who he is and he's a cunt. I could not be more pleased he was caught out.

While I love the schadenfreude - let me guess what will happen if this sordid story is true: God will forgive him and the slate will be wiped clean. He will not change one of his views. He will not grow. He will not be sorry. He will just pray the cheating away.

For those of you who don't know D'Souza, check out the videos of him debating Christopher Hitchens. He claims that atheists are emotional robots and Hitch comes back with one of Shakespeare's sonnets, learnt by heart. D'Souza had never heard of this before; it was really weird, he claims to be some sort of great intellectual. It's not even a cultural thing either, all the Indians I know are really proud of their education and knowledge of Western Culture.

While I love the schadenfreude - let me guess what will happen if this sordid story is true: God will forgive him and the slate will be wiped clean. He will not change one of his views. He will not grow. He will not be sorry. He will just pray the cheating away.

So true, but what if it had been his wife who was caught cheating? I doubt her slate would have been wiped quite so clean as his will be.

For a lot of these guys "Christian family values" just means men doing whatever they hell they want while women remain subservient to them.

QFT

I always disliked D'Souza. He's behind the Obama 2016 propaganda movie that Vikki from NLQ was forced to watch at the Salvation Army.

I won't be missing him.

Dear baby jesus,

Please let the please stop the people I know irl from promoting his movie. It's nothing but propoganda and they are taking it as fact.

[link=][/link]

Nice to know that conservative xtians can be married to one woman and engaged to another at the same time. :lol:

Anything to preserve the sanctity of marriage.

[link=][/link]

Anything to preserve the sanctity of marriage.

I'm sure that this is one of the ways teh gayz have destroyed the marriage of Mr. D'Souza.

So true, but what if it had been his wife who was caught cheating? I doubt her slate would have been wiped quite so clean as his will be.

I agree - if a woman is caught cheating then no amount of whitewashing will clear the scarlet letter A off of her. God might forgive her but everyone else will remember. Let me add this piece of misogyny to the list of reasons I hate fundies.

Good point.

Can anyone think of an example where a prominent fundy/conservative woman has done something similar? I can't.

On my iPad so I can't do links very well, but the formerly famous fundie homeschool diva, Cheryl Seelhoff, was drummed out of the fundie A-list for having an extra-marital affair.

She's got a lot of other baggage & notoriety now so if you google her name you'll come across accounts of her "original" transgressions as well as a lot of other stuff.

Archived