IGNORED

Botkin Beauty webinar week 3-meh..

meda

So I bit the bullet and logged on, just in time for "don't hate yourselves girls, hate the sin!". While discussing the need to be thin.

Also, if your re upset by pretty girls around you, you are sinning. Coveting good skin violates a comandment.....because we are not equally made. I am assuming that envy is a problem here.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And the audio still sucks. Which is good thing. Quote of fail: "it's not brain chemistry, it's sin!"

How does this webinar apply to a woman who are plain? Why the same as for pretty girls of course! Now discussing the woman born with no subq body fat as a role model. Which I agree with, not for the same reason.

Taking care of the body requires study, so let's talk discernment!

To achieve discernment, read both sides of the argument...know enough about your body to know about quacks....

And we have the tapeworm reference!!! I can log off now, the highlight has been reached.

They have been asked for resources..... And their answer is google.

"we use google for all our research needs...." if we need a shampoo potion, we go here!

Ok, they are Nourishing Traditions people, and Dr Mercola.

But wait...they admit that they have not read NT...but they have heard good things. Wtf?

Oh, and one of the most important and controversial topics in the world! Is DIET! (not climate change mind you, but diet)

Perspective girls.

You don't just eat for yourselves, but for your children and grandchildren. I guess we are now pushing the 200 year diet

Pasteurized milk is bad. Organic good, admits these things take time and money. Apparently eating right is also good marriage prep.

VF has definitely jumped on the local food bandwagon.

Never eat the following:

Soda

Donuts

MSG

Hydrogenated oils

Also....if you eat badly you must detox. Time for a juice fast.

No donuts because of the hole in the middle, right?

Do they sound bored? Because how could they not....

They really did just use google.

Just FYI Freejingers...stay hydrated.

Also, sugar is very bad for you skin. Also, avoid fad diets, but remember, always think about your weight.

Thin is not the goal, healthy and strong to be help meets.

Being depressed and emotional is not a good excuse for over eating. Don't worry about other people, worry about whether other people think you have self control and discipline.

They do acknowledge that some people are over weight because of thyroid or a "toxic liver"

Oh, worry about this....not not too much.

They do sound bored..

OMG! The bible has lots of examples of female strength.....like driving a tent peg through skulls. :lol:

I can't believe they went to Jaehl.

Now we are back track.....be healthy because labor is a lot of work. Getting fit is an investment in your family

They recommend T tapp for an exercise program. Of course, this is the only one they have tried, so they can't make a comparison.

And......sunscreen is bad. Be outside between 10 and 2 for vitamin d....but somehow don't get a sun burn

Ok...this must be a thing in fundie circles, they just recommended coconut oil as a sun screen. Who else just did this??

Now they are explaining how skin works.

Guest Anonymous
Ok...this must be a thing in fundie circles, they just recommended coconut oil as a sun screen. Who else just did this??

Now they are explaining how skin works.

Lizzie at Hopeful Aspiring Homemaker. Modern medicine is evil, sunscreen is the devil, etc.

So, they are talking about a skin regimen, but not saying what products they use, and now saying to use toner, but they dont us it themselves.

They really are just babbling on like they just read an article in Allure for the first time.

Also news flash! Most skin problems are due to a bad liver.

Ah, confession time, the girls only use coconut oil as a moisturizer. It is apparently anti fungal

They are now advocating dry brushing the skin. How very heathen and auyervedic of them.

Oh sweet lord....they just recommended brushing your teeth and or swishing with coconut oil instead of toothpaste.

Also, hair is dead. And try to get enough sleep.

They are giggling, even they must know this is bullshit

Now they are on deportment....

"learn to walk instead of lurching around like a neanderthal.....not that we believe in Neanderthals"

Ok that quote was worth the price of admission.

Guest Anonymous

"learn to walk instead of lurching around like a neanderthal.....not that we believe in Neanderthals"

Ha! That's hilarious.

Now they are going on about their father "who worked in Washington as apolitical consultant". And he would point out the deportment of "first ladies and princesses" to the little Botkins. From well behind a velvet rope, I presume.

Geoff, a legend in his own mind

And they referenced Tim Gunn on posture. My they are the little pop culture divas.

They are showing very defrauding pics of women with good deportment. This must be the section for patriarchs.

Facial expressions are important. Now the crucial "duck face" lesson. Do not be lazy with your facial expressions, have some inner discipline. They give examples of Marilyn Monroe, Kathrine Hepburn as examples of women who retrained their faces.

Voices are important. Their uncle is a professional voice "talent".

The girls are now imitating British accents. They do not sound plummy.

And that was an hour I will not get back.

Guest Anonymous

Lizzie at Hopeful Aspiring Homemaker. Modern medicine is evil, sunscreen is the devil, etc.

I hope that all of the attendees that will be diagnosed with melanomas send them the bills for any treatments that aren't covered by insurance.

:lol:

I walk with a limp due to a knee injury sooooooo....

It almost makes me think I should've listened to their webinar...almost.

All hail meda, for taking one for the team by suffering through an hour of this utter misogynist dreck.

"Not that we believe in Neanderthals..." (never mind that they're surrounded by them in Dominion-land. :evil:)

Oh sweet lord....they just recommended brushing your teeth and or swishing with coconut oil instead of toothpaste.

Also, hair is dead. And try to get enough sleep.

They are giggling, even they must know this is bullshit

:shock: Is there anything they DON'T use coconut oil for?

:shock: Is there anything they DON'T use coconut oil for?

Why, SEX, of course!!! :lol:

Why, SEX, of course!!! :lol:

Nope, so many fundie books recommend coconut oil as lube. Apparently you can "buy it without suspicion".

Guest Anonymous

Nope, so many fundie books recommend coconut oil as lube. Apparently you can "buy it without suspicion".

Freaking hell! Is there some kind of coconut oil-fundy lobby that we don't know about?

Archived