IGNORED

Botkin Beauty webinar week 3-meh..

meda

Guest Anonymous
Oh sweet lord....they just recommended brushing your teeth and or swishing with coconut oil instead of toothpaste.

Oil swishing. It's not that uncommon. I haven't tried it, but swishing with a teaspoon of some kinds of oil is supposed to be good for you.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Anonymous
Facial expressions are important. Now the crucial "duck face" lesson. Do not be lazy with your facial expressions, have some inner discipline. They give examples of Marilyn Monroe, Kathrine Hepburn as examples of women who retrained their faces.

They used a sex symbol as a role model? Do they have any idea how Marilyn was? She wasn't some little saint of a woman. I love her, but I don't think they'd think she was worthy of anything if they knew she wasn't some little goody-goody and was Playboy's first centerfold.

They used a sex symbol as a role model? Do they have any idea how Marilyn was? She wasn't some little saint of a woman. I love her, but I don't think they'd think she was worthy of anything if they knew she wasn't some little goody-goody and was Playboy's first centerfold.

& Katharine Hepburn was the daughter of a suffragette birth control campaigner, a college grad, an outspoken atheist, had a long term relationship with Spencer Tracy whilst he was still married to somebody else. (I love biographies of old hollywood stars)

Don't see how she fits their criteria to be a role model, apart from having really high cheekbones...

& Katharine Hepburn was the daughter of a suffragette birth control campaigner, a college grad, an outspoken atheist, had a long term relationship with Spencer Tracy whilst he was still married to somebody else. (I love biographies of old hollywood stars)

Don't see how she fits their criteria to be a role model, apart from having really high cheekbones...

Another thing about Katherine Hepburn is that she preferred to wear slacks most of the time when most women wore dresses even casually.

A few things about coconut oil.

1) You have to spend more to get coconut oil that actually smells like coconuts. Most of the stuff at the grocery store has very little smell. Its been processed in such a way that the scent is removed.

2) Cosmetic grade coconut oil is less expensive. I suggest buying it if you are using it for your body. It contains no scent.

3) Coconut oil is not great for every skin type. It works for some people but not others. Its was a a fad oil in the cottage cosmetic industry a few years ago. Its finally trickling down to the fundies because they can actually afford to buy it at the grocery store.

Now they are on deportment....

"learn to walk instead of lurching around like a neanderthal.....not that we believe in Neanderthals"

Ok that quote was worth the price of admission.

OMG that's too funny

Facial expressions are important. Now the crucial "duck face" lesson. Do not be lazy with your facial expressions, have some inner discipline. They give examples of Marilyn Monroe, Kathrine Hepburn as examples of women who retrained their faces.

Do not be lazy with your facial expressions?

I've known tons of women who were "jolie laide" and part of their charm was their lively faces. They weren't posing and looking blank for the cameras like the Botkinettes do. They knew they weren't trying to be like the lovely, blank faced models of the front covers of magazines. They were all ages and all sizes and content in their looks.

If pulling faces, laughing, looking annoyed or frowning, looking bored or interested, or any of the normal range of facial expressions happened, they wouldn't try to camouflage or disguise those. They would try not to be rude but aside from that, would just be natural.

I had a mate back in the day who was ugly. I don't mean boringly ugly, like I am. I mean dramatically, second-take "did I really see that?" ugly. And she was pretty at the same time because her charms shone through her face and were only enhanced by it. When you saw her face light up, or even frown, you thought "What an interesting person" and she never seemed to lack admirers.

The Botkins do not know as much as they think. (Er, newsflash.)

Archived