IGNORED

October Baby

BelieveinScience

thoughtful I just found this article from a pro life site that said GMC cut a scene.

http://www.lifesitenews.com/blog/tv-sta ... ober-baby/

In the beginning of the article, it says:

By the end of the evening, pro-lifers were aborting their viewing experience.

And I was like, haha, an abortion joke. But then in the last paragraph:

In the end it was viewers who aborted the movie, like this public tweet from Kelly Clinger.

They used the same joke twice! Argh, terrible writing.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

GMC shows Christian music videos in the early morning hours then the rest of the day they show scripted shows or sometimes gospel concerts or televangelist stuff. They air movies on the weekends and some of the movies they air aren't Christian movies. I saw The Deep End of the Ocean airing on there the other day. DirecTV added GMC to their lineup in 2007 or 2008, I can't remember when, but before that I hadn't heard of GMC. They tend to air programs are mostly family friendly. They air Touched by an Angel, 7th Heaven, The Waltons, Judging Amy, 227, Amen, and Dr. Quinn. The Waltons, Judging Amy, 227, and Amen are the better shows. I sometimes tune in to watch some of the 7th Heaven and Touched by an Angel episodes for snark reasons. GMC used to air episodes of Highway to Heaven and I'm sad that they don't anymore. That show was a bit cheesy, but I always found it to be better than Touched by Angel or 7th Heaven.

I think GMC will stick to airing shows that are mostly family friendly. I remember on another message board that I used to post on, someone suggested that maybe GMC would air reruns of Life Goes On, Everwood and American Dreams. I don't see GMC ever airing any of those shows.

The "their" I was referring to was the PTC, not GMC, I'm pretty sure. Unless I'm confusing PTC with some other group that has a very narrow view of "family friendly" which is possible. I don't mind having a channel that has a lot of family-appropriate shows (although what they probably actually mean is kid-friendly), but I think everyone has their own definition of "appropriate" for their family.

We don't watch GMC a lot, but the channel has some good shows, although 7th Heaven may have been the first show I really snarked on, the reason I followed TWOP, and probably not a show I'd want my kid to watch (at least without a lot of discussion about the creep factor). I'll admit to watching Dr. Quinn and Touched by an Angel when they were on originally (eye candy), but I'm not too much of a fan to also admit that Dr Quinn got really preachy at times.

Archived