IGNORED

Pensacola Christian College alum arrested for murder

mirele

Anthony Robert "Rob" Taglianetti II, the 42-year-old Virginia man authorities believe shot and killed Clymer School Superintendent Keith L. Reed Jr. as the result of an apparent love triangle, was captured by the U.S. Marshals Service Friday near a national park and forest about 90 miles west of Washington, D.C.

(snip)

The motive for the killing, sources told The Buffalo News, was Taglianetti's discovery just days earlier of an affair between Reed and Taglianetti's wife, Mary Jenks Taglianetti.

Taglianetti, a former U.S. Marine who was also a licensed hunter and fisherman, was apparently fueled by rage after finding multiple "electronic correspondences" - some of which were lurid in nature - between Reed and his wife, the source told The News.

After two days of confrontations at home with his wife about his discovery, Taglianetti took to the road.

Police said he drove to Clymer, arriving sometime last Friday. He confronted Reed at his home and allegedly shot him multiple times before driving back home to Virginia, where he arrived Saturday morning, according to sources.

(snip)

He served in the Marine Corps from 1990 to 1994 in an aviation unit. He was a Marine embassy security guard in Cairo from 1992 to 1993. He later entered the Marine Reserve.

Taglianetti attended Pensacola Christian College in Florida, where he earned his bachelor's degree in history. His wife, Mary, who is from Saratoga County, also attended the same college. They married in 1999 while they were both still in school, according to a marriage announcement her family published in the Daily Gazette.

http://www.buffalonews.com/apps/pbcs.dl ... 28837/1109

tl;dr: Taglianetti, an alumnus of independent fundamental Baptist Pensacola Christian college shot his wife's lover. The lover lived in upstate New York, while the Taglianettis lived in Virginia.

Any FJites attend PCC? Know this guy and his wife?

Clymer, NY is near where I grew up. When friends first posted it on Facebook I thought it was a school shooting. The killer lived in the same town as my niece, she did not know him.

I've been watching something going on in the small Christian colleges in Kansas (not fundie, just Christian) where two football players from one school were arrested for killing one from another school, then a few days later a tennis player from the first school was hit and killed while riding his bike.

It's an awful lot for the schools to deal with. /threadjack

The thing is that anybody's life can go really wrong, it doesn't matter what college you attended.

I lived in Pensacola at the same time the couple from the article attended PCC, which we affectionately called Pensacola Concentration Camp. Alas, I never met either of them. I met my husband's childhood friend a few years after he graduated PCC, and asked my husband if the guy had always been such a nutbar. He said "No, PCC must have really messed with his head." Of course, I think there was some "messing with his head" early on if he opted to attend PCC in the first place.

Archived