IGNORED

Any of You Familiar with "American Fascists"

lizziesmom

Subtitled "The Christian Right and the War on America" by Chris Hedges? I have just begun reading it but it is scarily accurate and paints a pretty real picture of what seems to be going on in this country. The Christian Right wants to take control of all institutions, including mainstream denominations and the government, with a goal to use the United States to create a global Christian empire.

Hedges argues that the movement is similar to the fascist movements in Italy and Germany in the 20s and 30s. Hedges, has a degree from Harvard Divinity School, and he suggests that the movement has roused its followers to a fever pitch of despair and fury and one more national crisis, will case the Christian Right to make a concerted drive to destroy American democracy.

I'll be honest that a degree from Harvard Div school doesn't necessary mean anything. Nor does it discount anything, I just would add it as a glowing recommendation of the author. The Div school and the Ed school are two of the least rigorous schools.

Archived