IGNORED

Lee Child/Jack Reacher books

terranova

Any other fans?

Just finished the latest book "Wanted Man" which I thought was excellant, but can't wait for him to get out of the Mid West and finally get to Virginia. I hope it happens in the next book or I'm going to start getting pissed.

Have also just seen the trailer for "One Shot"

:angry-cussingblack::angry-cussingblack::angry-cussingblack::angry-cussingblack::angry-steamingears::angry-steamingears::angry-steamingears::angry-steamingears::angry-steamingears: That's all I have to say. Fucking Tom Cruise.

I LOVE these books!!!! Cannot fully express how much I love them.

I'm frightened to ask about the juxtaposition of Tom Cruise and 'One Shot' - one of my favourites - because I feel the same about Tom Cruise as I do about these books only in inverse proportion. Tell me he is not starring as JR. Please, God, no. Is there a smiley for shooting oneself in the head?

I LOVE these books!!!! Cannot fully express how much I love them.

I'm frightened to ask about the juxtaposition of Tom Cruise and 'One Shot' - one of my favourites - because I feel the same about Tom Cruise as I do about these books only in inverse proportion. Tell me he is not starring as JR. Please, God, no. Is there a smiley for shooting oneself in the head?

Yes, sadly TC is JR :(. I really feel LC has sold out to his fans on this one. One Shot is a great book, so full of atmosphere and subtle tension. My husband and I agree they would have been better casting Danny DeVito to play Reacher :D

My all time favourite is Killing Floor though.

I love all of Lee Child's writing including the Reacher books and all the stuff he writes with Douglas Preston too.

Would that be Lincoln Child? Or am I confused?? :think:

Yes, sadly TC is JR :(. I really feel LC has sold out to his fans on this one. One Shot is a great book, so full of atmosphere and subtle tension. My husband and I agree they would have been better casting Danny DeVito to play Reacher :D

My all time favourite is Killing Floor though.

Sorry for the belated response. I had an operational pause. I've had a lot of those lately.

Back to topic. Tom Cruise as Jack Reacher. I just don't know where to start except to say that I won't be watching this movie. The arrogance of the man is astounding.

Sorry for the belated response. I had an operational pause. I've had a lot of those lately.

Back to topic. Tom Cruise as Jack Reacher. I just don't know where to start except to say that I won't be watching this movie. The arrogance of the man is astounding.

You mean TC is arrogant, or Lee Child for expecting us to flock to his movie despite the casting? I won't be seeing it either and that makes me a sad puppy. :(

You mean TC is arrogant, or Lee Child for expecting us to flock to his movie despite the casting? I won't be seeing it either and that makes me a sad puppy. :(

I meant Tom Cruise although I can't help but think less of Lee Child for allowing this to happen. Perhaps he sold the rights and then discovered that Cruise's overweening vanity wouldn't allow anyone else to play the part. I'll go with that since I don't want to spoil any future JR books.

I'm sad about the film too because I have been hoping that they would film the books and wondering who would play Jack. Sigh.

I believe LC is attached to the film in some manner. He certainly has come out saying he approves of TC as Reacher, which definately makes me think less of LC. I guess if they offer you huge money to make a film of your book staring a big name, guarenteed to bring in more big bucks, the logical thing would be to say yes please. But it does make me sad :(

I believe LC is attached to the film in some manner. He certainly has come out saying he approves of TC as Reacher, which definately makes me think less of LC. I guess if they offer you huge money to make a film of your book staring a big name, guarenteed to bring in more big bucks, the logical thing would be to say yes please. But it does make me sad :(

Damn! :(

I wish I didn't know that. Looks like I won't be buying any more Jack Reacher books in hardback, hot off the press, any more. It'll be the library from now on. Wonder if the term 'sell out' means anything to Mr Child.

Archived