IGNORED

I could go to a purity ball

homeschoolmomma1

PLEASE go!!! take pictures for us and tell us all about it...

I am one of the few that the idea of a purity ball sounds very sweet to me, but then when you actually come down to it it comes out seeming very creepy.

One of the guys on the TV special ummm someone Wilson (not Doug :)) was the dad of a guy who went to my old church :) His whole family was on the special... actually he was too. Colten I think :) Colten - very normal kid, not weird. :)

If you have $25 to blow, go for it! Think of it as entertainment money. I have already been through the whole purity pledge events but not an actual ball where I danced with daddy so would be interesting in kind of a creepy way, I suppose.

Doooo it! And report back to us! If you're comfortable with that, of course.

I am one of the few that the idea of a purity ball sounds very sweet to me, but then when you actually come down to it it comes out seeming very creepy.
Yeah, unless you're talking about something's chemical makeup, nothing containing the word "purity" sounds sweet to me.

One of my 'facebook' friends is having one. I could go as a spectator. Should I go? Very Fundie I am sure

Oooh, real undercover experience, firsthand, with fundie crayzee. I think I'd go just to have the experience of it (and of course we Fjers would luuuv details, too .... :twisted: :lol: ).

Guest Anonymous

I wouldn't do it, but I attended enough fundie events in my first twenty years to last me a lifetime. I don't think it would be cool to take pictures of any minors.

Hmmm...sounds like 'fun', but what's the $25 for? Is it a donation to an organization or is it just covering the cost of the event (to keep the precious family debt-free...how tacky!)?

If you do go, spike the punchbowl and take pics :twisted:

If you have $25 to blow, go for it! Think of it as entertainment money. I have already been through the whole purity pledge events but not an actual ball where I danced with daddy so would be interesting in kind of a creepy way, I suppose.

Seconded!

Hmmm...sounds like 'fun', but what's the $25 for? Is it a donation to an organization or is it just covering the cost of the event (to keep the precious family debt-free...how tacky!)?

This (but not the kinda gross second part of that post). What happens to that money? It does sound fascinating, though...

This (but not the kinda gross second part of that post). What happens to that money? It does sound fascinating, though...

LOL! Completely forgot this was a kids/pre-teen thing (shudders). Sooo ya, don't spike their punchbowl.

These kinds of things don't go off for free...food, drink (if they're so inclined), musicians, hall rental. I doubt they're profiting at all.

These kinds of things don't go off for free...food, drink (if they're so inclined), musicians, hall rental. I doubt they're profiting at all.

For sure. This has got me rethinking my initial thoughts about it. Even if the $25 was just to help cover costs, and not directed towards some fundie charity, you'd still be promoting the purity ideas behind the event by giving the money. You'd be helping to enable the event to take place.

Guest Anonymous

How do you know these people and what do you think their motivation is for inviting you?
Honestly, I am completely squicked out that spectator tickets are being pimped out so that random onlookers can witness men dancing with their daughters and making inappropriate claims over their emotional lives and reproductive organs. 
Please don't post illicit photos of minors on FJ whatever you decide.

I would worry about where the money is going. Do you really want to fund this sort of thing?

This.

Not to mention the fact that the more people they have supporting this kind of crap, the more they feel they are doing "the right thing". There is no way I'd support it.

Makes me uneasy. Sort of like the people who went to Chick fila to order water as a protest. Didn't work because nobody watching knew they were any different from the fundy people who were lined up in support of it. All that anyone will see is that one more person is interested in purity balls.

Yeah, it could be fun to watch but if you have to pay, it might come off as supporting the cause behind it.

Re: cute... We had a father-daughter dance at my elementary school and I think it raised money for the school (small Catholic school). They also had mother-son bowling. Besides the dichotomy of "girls must have a dance!" I don't have a problem with it looking back. It was just for fun - none of the purity stuff and they didn't have daddy-daughter slow songs or anything squicky like that.

Archived