IGNORED

Dougie Equates Kind Natives With Savages

Anxious Girl

Dougie, your white Christian prvilege is showing :evil: http://www.visionforum.com/news/blogs/d ... /08/10339/. Despite the tribe's kindness of taking in 2 white people whose father and husband got killed by another tribe, Dougie still has the nerve to call Native Ecuadorian Acua tribe savages. Your cult are the truly savages; Dougie, still stuck in the later medieval ages. I can't wait for myJigglypuff somebody to say, it's justified that he call them savages because another Native Ecuadorian tribe killed the father even though it was a different tribe and; not all white people are like that; let us wallow in our white Christian privilege! In other words, Doug Philipps is an evil tool. :evil:

So not only is Doug Phillips a tool, but he's a racist tool. Not surprising given his yearning for "the good old days", but I'm always surprised by the boldness with which he expresses his prejudice.

Let me see if I got that right: Doug Phillips is a tool, who went on an organized jungle tour with modern equipment and rescue measures at hand, and would be totally and completely effed without those. And then he calls people who live in the jungle, and whose lives are as highly sophisticated as ours, and who have adapted to their environment without Western technology "primitive" in his first sentence? Dougie, your privilege is showing! Best tuck that away, alongside your anaconda.

Other than that, Doug Phillips is a racist tool.

Doug Phillips is an epic, totally pathetic TOOL.

Hey, Dougiekins, if you read here, what goes around comes around babycakes, and I can't wait to be sitting on the sidelines watching you go down in flames.

Dougie, your white Christian prvilege is showing :evil: http://www.visionforum.com/news/blogs/d ... /08/10339/. Despite the tribe's kindness of taking in 2 white people whose father and husband got killed by another tribe, Dougie still has the nerve to call Native Ecuadorian Acua tribe savages. Your cult are the truly savages; Dougie, still stuck in the later medieval ages. I can't wait for myJigglypuff somebody to say, it's justified that he call them savages because another Native Ecuadorian tribe killed the father even though it was a different tribe and; not all white people are like that; let us wallow in our white Christian privilege! In other words, Doug Philipps is an evil tool. :evil:

I started a thread about this several days back. LOL

Interesting that the writer's mother took her young family into a dangerous area where their father was killed so that she could convince another group of people to give up their traditions and way of life for her own. My opinion is that the mother's behavior was selfish and abusive but I realize that some people might find my assetment too harsh. I'm ant evangelical missionary so I'll be open about being biased. (Missionaries whose primary goal is to feed and clothe others do not bother me; however, I would still consider it abusive to take young kids into an area that is very dangerous)

Guest Anonymous

I saw this thread title and just thought: 'Oh, of course he did.' :roll:

Doug Phillips is a tool. He's also crushingly unoriginal, predictable, and boring.

I guess Dougie is not going to mention that Elizabeth Elliot went off to college, dated Jim Elliot, then went off and became a missionary on her own for several years before they got married. Then after he died she still wasn't under the authority of a man, she went back to be a missionary. When she came back to America she supported herself running a boarding house and met her third husband doing that. Not really the sort of woman Dougie encourages young girls to admire.

This is perfect example of how these people's minds work. There is no distinction between individual groups or individuals for them. If you are any colour other than white and don't believe in their God you are as savage and evil as the worst of the worst. If they don't think like that, it destroys their perfect world of Good God Fearing People against the masses of Evil Heathen Savages Out To Kill All Christians!

I started a thread about this several days back. LOL

Interesting that the writer's mother took her young family into a dangerous area where their father was killed so that she could convince another group of people to give up their traditions and way of life for her own. My opinion is that the mother's behavior was selfish and abusive but I realize that some people might find my assetment too harsh. I'm ant evangelical missionary so I'll be open about being biased. (Missionaries whose primary goal is to feed and clothe others do not bother me; however, I would still consider it abusive to take young kids into an area that is very dangerous)

Dammit! :doh: Should've checked. * :oops: *

Dammit! :doh: Should've checked. * :oops: *

Although both threads dealt with the same book, I think that the subject matter of each thread is actually different. Besides, you can't have too many threads describing what a tool Doug Philips is.

I have all sorts of stuff signed by Elizabeth Elliot. :lol: I found Passion and Purity so boring, though. I thought Jim Elliot was a jerk. And going into a place like that the way they did was just stupid. I'm just surprised Dougie is selling that book since Elizabeth is far from the perfect VF woman. Do you think she just saw the book and knows nothing about her?

A little less surprised that Dougie (the tool) is selling that book, he would do anything for a buck. I am sure he would instruct the author on her proper place as a VF doll if he got the chance however.

This quote from Pocahontas/Colours of the wind seems appropriate:

You think I'm an ignorant savage

And you've been so many places

I guess it must be so

But still I cannot see

If the savage one is me

How can there be so much that you don't know?

WHO is the savage here, you tool? :twisted:

Doug Phillips is a tool!

Now that I got that out of my system I so sick of this idea that if something isn't white, Christian, conservative and American that means it's wrong. These people are not savages, Dougie-poo. They are human beings.

Doug Phillips reminds me of the ninnies who "converted" many of the native nations. They traveled into an area that had a sophisticated local cuisine--a cuisine for upper-class folks as separate from everyday cooking--and called it "a mess of something cooking in a pot." They looked at places that had recently been or were still being farmed and called them wilderness. The capper is very Dougie-ish although it happened about 400 years ago: Priest falls off dock in Native American port town on the Missouri (IIRC). Talks about how terrified he was for his life, the savages were gonna kill him, etc., etc. Because they were laughing. As they hauled in the poor foreign dweeb with the funny haircut who managed to fall in the river while wearing a big flappy dress thing. And made sure he was safely ashore. But they were brown! And unimpressed by him! Therefore they were wicked cruel vicious savages!

I can't read what Doug says about people from other cultures without hearing and picturing him as Rachel, the oldest daughter in The Poisonwood Bible.

All he needs are the malapropisms.

Archived