IGNORED

Obama calls national day of prayer. The right.... complains.

Glass Cowcatcher

http://www.christianpostDOTcom/news/oba ... ned-81276/

There's no good snippet to quote here, but the gist of the article is, President Obama has called a National Day of Prayer for the forthcoming 9/11. Instead of being all Prayer! Yay!, the right thinks that he's only doing it as an election move because he also called a day of prayer after the Aurora shootings and hasn't issued any other day of prayer proclamations in non-election years.

Also can someone tell me what this means? Is this a Christian version of (pbuh)?

"No matter where we came from, what God [sTET] we prayed to,

Guest Anonymous

As far as I can tell, [sTET] is just an editing thing that's been left in by accident.

In this case, I would guess that a proof-reader had recommended changing 'god' to 'God', and someone else has come along and put [sTET] there to indicate that the formatting change should be ignored.

Either that, or it has a slang meaning that is too obscure to turn up after 30 seconds of Google searching.

Stet basically means "Let it stand", which is an instruction to the typesetter to ignore the change made by the proofreader.

but but but I thought Obama was a godless muslim who was out to eradicate Christianity.

A day of prayer?

How can this be?

he is dammed if he does dammed if he does not. but at least they can't say it was a Muslim prayer.

he is dammed if he does dammed if he does not. but at least they can't say it was a Muslim prayer.

Sure they can. Truth is not a concern to the lunatic fringe.

Only presidents born in America have a right to call a national day of prayer doncha know?

And no, Hawaii does not count as a state, assuming he really was born there and not Kenya.

He could hand deliver Bibles to every house in America and he would still get bashed because fundies wouldn't like the version he handed out.

He could hand deliver Bibles to every house in America and he would still get bashed because fundies wouldn't like the version he handed out.

That's true, even if the version he handed out was the KJV, they would still complain about it.

I don't know if this applies here, but I just read AOL article where Fox News decided to play the song "Losing Our Religion" during DNC coverage. What a**holes. REM has asked them not to play their song again.

If Obama issued an official proclamation that the sky is blue, you'd see every Republican politician and strategist on Fox within 10 minutes declaring that the sky is actually red. Actually I kind of wish he could start fucking with them like that, it would be great entertainment.

barrack HUSSEIN o'boma is not a amurrican, he is a evil muslin who worships satin,,,he call 4 day of prayar to mock the Loard ALL MIGHTY and all who fallow him and rightously seek to sew his wurds amung the childrun of men!!!!!!!!!!! Be wear!

Wait, weren't the conservatives just bitching not long ago because he cancelled the National Day of Prayer? (Pretty sure that's one of the things I heard last time we had dinner with my in-laws.) Can't they make up their minds?

If Obama issued an official proclamation that the sky is blue, you'd see every Republican politician and strategist on Fox within 10 minutes declaring that the sky is actually red. Actually I kind of wish he could start fucking with them like that, it would be great entertainment.

This. They (the right) has made it perfectly clear that their agenda is all about hating Obama, no matter what his words and/or actions. If they didn't have the kind of power they do (if it weren't political), I'd laugh at the sheer stupidity of it all.

Archived