IGNORED

Have we snarked on this yet?

emmiedahl

Guest Anonymous

OK, guys, I'm going to stand by a road to catch some of that sweet traffic noise. I'm going to turn away from my mic once or twice just to screw up the sound even further. And my kids are going to be there for some reason. This video is going to be awesome!

Now let's 'celebrate' some people's tragic, untimely deaths! Whoop!

Also, sexism.

Edited: wording and punctuation.

Edited X2: screw punctuation.

Everything Sogba said. Also:

1) Was his email broken?

2) Not sure what I fixated on more, Petey's mole or the middle boy's very clear need to visit a restroom.

1) Was his email broken?

2) Not sure what I fixated on more, Petey's mole or the middle boy's very clear need to visit a restroom.

I was totally fixated on the bolded. That poor little guy is in pain!

Also, why does Peter Bradrick always bounce? Why was the daughter introduced but not on screen? So, the VF Titanic obsession/celebration is all about the men who observed the women and children first convention? Oooookaay.

1) Was his email broken?

Very definitely this!! I was cracking up!

Are the boys old enough to be toilet-trained? Sure looked to me like he was, well, going. You can see the whole arc play out on his face too, from the "Oh, I gotta go, but I think I can hold it" expression at the start to the "Okay, maintaining, just hurry up" look during the middle stretch, and then at 1:12 or so, "Oops, too late."

And then it's posted online for all the world to see, for a message that could've essentially fit in a text. Thanks, Dad!

ETA: At 1:01, it sounds like he is in fact saying, "I gotta go." If only I had Bradrick ears, I could be sure.

I agree that the (presumably) second oldest had to use the bathroom. The other thing I noticed was the oldest (the one on the far left) appeared pissed to be there. Not like in an "I'm cold and would rather be elsewhere" kinda way, but in an "I'm always angry but get the crap beat out of me if I express it" kinda way. He looked like he was clenching his jaw (in a way grown men who want to punch someone do) the whole time. I can't help but wonder how many of the kids from these families, but esp the boys, grow up to be physically abusive, and not in the way the Pearls advocate. :x

I don't understand the purpose of this video is it:

A) is it an attempt to apologize/repent toThe Tool for not making his fucking ridiculous co-play event and/or to curry favor with The Tool by doing some serious ass kissing. Soppy Cup also made a video when his son was born wishing The Tool, A Happy Birthday. Wonder if he also sent him a tool belt as a present? Maybe I am reading too much into it, but this video sounds like a love letter to Doug. Sippy Cup might have a wife and children, but he will forever yearn for and love Doug's Tiny Tool.

Or

B) a promotional video for the men's movement and Sippy's program, if so why not make a higher quality video and at the very least make a sign with the website address. To me, it seems that Sippy was sad that he missed the event and wanted to send some love to Doug

Also. I don't need a male to protect me by taking away my right to choose. I am fairly confident that I have kept myself alive and thriving without the guidance of a man. If my life is endangered then I would like a man or a woman to protect, but until that point I am pretty sure I can take care of myself. Oh yeah. I wouldn't mind some protection- well help- when I am struggling to get a screaming toddler and a boat load of groceries into the car. I just wish we could all act in ways that are more compassionate towards ourselves and others.

Speaking of women and children first: the other day I was trying to merge into the left hand land as the right one was closed. I am new to the area, and even still have my Maryland tags so it is fairly easy for other drivers to assume i have no idea where I am. There were no signs and I wasn't prepared to merge. Traffic was moving somewhat quickly behind me, so I didn't have much room to slow down to wait for an opening.. I attempted to merge over, but the car next to me instead of letting me in. Started to drag race me. I was running out of room and had very little options at this point. It was hit the jersey wall or hit the asshole next to me. Luckily, there was a small patch of dirt next to the jersey wall, so I pulled my car in there. But first I traded a large swath of paint with the wall. I honked at the guy and he politely flipped me the bird and yelled FUCK OFF. It was then that I noticed he has several stickers for a well known extermely fundy church in the area as well as one of those stickers showing how many children he has.

I also thought the boys on the fence were pissed off, and then decided the one either had to go really bad or was going in his pants.

I didn't understand why they would do this outdoors where you can barely hear him over the road noise.

I am also confused by the term "celebrating". I know we typically recognize anniversaries of tragedies, but don't we usually say "recognize"? Why in this case are we celebrating? Is it simply that Doug Phillips is a tool, or is there more to it?

ETA: I agree that the poor kid is saying "I gotta go" at 1:01. I guess "women and children first" doesn't apply to his own family. :doh:

Speaking of women and children first: the other day I was trying to merge into the left hand land as the right one was closed. I am new to the area, and even still have my Maryland tags so it is fairly easy for other drivers to assume i have no idea where I am. There were no signs and I wasn't prepared to merge. Traffic was moving somewhat quickly behind me, so I didn't have much room to slow down to wait for an opening.. I attempted to merge over, but the car next to me instead of letting me in. Started to drag race me. I was running out of room and had very little options at this point. It was hit the jersey wall or hit the asshole next to me. Luckily, there was a small patch of dirt next to the jersey wall, so I pulled my car in there. But first I traded a large swath of paint with the wall. I honked at the guy and he politely flipped me the bird and yelled FUCK OFF. It was then that I noticed he has several stickers for a well known extermely fundy church in the area as well as one of those stickers showing how many children he has.

Just thought this deserved reiterating.

ETA: I dare you to go to the church this Sunday and find out if that was the pastor. ;)

You're right about son #2 - he was in distress & needed to go. Sadly typical of the terrible parenting exemplified by most VF sycophants.

The one thing I remember about toilet-training is that once you've got the kid more or less trained, the onus is on YOU to find a bathroom or a way to go as soon as the child tells you s/he needs to go. On average, I had about 30 seconds to do that once the kid made the announcement.

Petey may have missed the Titanic festivities but it looks like he made the VF Food conference:

DSC_5572.jpg

BTW, I believe that's the Phillips home.

You're right about son #2 - he was in distress & needed to go. Sadly typical of the terrible parenting exemplified by most VF sycophants.

The one thing I remember about toilet-training is that once you've got the kid more or less trained, the onus is on YOU to find a bathroom or a way to go as soon as the child tells you s/he needs to go. On average, I had about 30 seconds to do that once the kid made the announcement.

Petey may have missed the Titanic festivities but it looks like he made the VF Food conference:

DSC_5572.jpg

BTW, I believe that's the Phillips home.

That looks like a Pottery Barn rug.

If that video is any any indication of how much planning has gone into Bradrick's crisis response operation, then his group is...um...doomed. Screwed. Fux0r'd!

Let us begin this deconstruction with the OP's video clip:

1) Bradrick likely thought filming outdoors would give the clip a more down-to-earth feel. He did not consider, however, that shooting his advertisement beside a fairly busy road, and on a breezy day no less, would have a negative impact on sound quality.

2) The clip provides more information about Bradrick's fecundity than it does about how his organization is supposed to operate.

And behind that clip, a host of other problems:

Bradrick charges people to join his little cosplay group. Even despite that, however, he offers little in the way of information about what, precisely, his customers are buying.

Below, I have compiled pretty much all the publicly available information I could find – a lot of it culled from Bradrick`s showy website.

Membership criteria

** Those who join must be Christian

** No girls allowed! (Cooties!)

Activities

** Members will somehow be enabled to protect their loved ones and each other – a goal that doesn't entirely fit with this whole helping strangers in a disaster

** Members will proselytize in disaster zones

** Members are going to learn about and respond to disasters using the following tools:

------The National Weather Service for reports on storms n' stuff

------Police reports concerning Amber Alerts and other such information

------"Cross platform network communication system" – in other words, e-mail, fax, texting Facebook, and a bunch of other heathen technology, most of which would fail in a disaster zone. (They may have to resort to CB and ham radios if all else fails. Should the worst of the worst come to pass, however, I suspect they'll be too busy pissing their pants to use signal mirrors.)

**The list of instructors on the website suggests Bradrick might be offering online courses concerning how to respond during a disaster.

**In previous writings and adverts, Bradrick also talks about offering personal security services and help with preventing identity theft. It's not clear how he plans to do all this. Oh hell; it's not clear how he plans to do any of this.

Recruitment

"Local Chapter Participation: build your own local response team and also stay connected with your entire community chapter."

In other words, you tell ten friends who will each tell an additional ten friends and so on, until there are a million ill-trained he-men with hands-in-pants waiting for the next disaster.

And finally, to ensure customers that Bradrick's group is in fact legitimate, he sends ID cards to guys who pay for membership. These IDs could look ultra-cool and even have holograms of Batman on them, but genuine emergency service personal will treat those credentials as being of no more use than a crayon doodle on card-stock.

Bradrick's vague, scatter-shot ego trip – what he hopes will become a hybrid of paramilitary, disaster relief, and personal security services – stinks to high heaven. I seriously doubt too many people with useful training are going to throw their hats in for this when there are well-established NGOs who need their talents and won't charge them for the 'privilege' of volunteering for a deluded egomaniac. (I mean for crying out loud! Bradrick wants a million guys to donate money, time, and talent; to risk their lives in disaster zones, and yet he names the organization after himself.)

Wow.

I replayed it twice, not because that narcissistic windbag Bradrick is so interesting, but because of the boys.

The one on the left is one angry kid. His brother is clearly distressed. At no point in the video do they look as if they are willingly there at all. And yet neither parent noticed--not at the time, and not after watching the replay of the video. All that misery, anger, and struggle to hang on to the damned fence (and not wet their pants), and neither adult Bradrick noticed.

Or if they did, they didn't think anything was wrong with it. Who would bother paying much attention to the kids? It's all about Peter Bradrick; he's the important thing in that video. The kids are just props.

Then there's the little one in Bradrick's arms, who looks anxious and unhappy. He doesn't smile, hug his dad, or lean against his shoulder. Maybe he was tired--but if that's so, why subject him to posing for a video? And why include him in the video at all if he's just going to look tired at best?

And why did they have to shoot the video out near the road, with the older boys perched, clinging to the fence, like that? Why couldn't they have chosen a quieter place--but more important, why couldn't they have chosen a place that allowed the kids to pose comfortably?

Honestly, I have no idea what crap came out of Peter Bradrick's mouth in that video (and I'm not watching again to listen to his reedy, high-pitched, decidedly unmanly voice say stupid things). I was too dumbstruck watching what was going on with his kids to pay attention.

I agree that the (presumably) second oldest had to use the bathroom. The other thing I noticed was the oldest (the one on the far left) appeared pissed to be there. Not like in an "I'm cold and would rather be elsewhere" kinda way, but in an "I'm always angry but get the crap beat out of me if I express it" kinda way. He looked like he was clenching his jaw (in a way grown men who want to punch someone do) the whole time. I can't help but wonder how many of the kids from these families, but esp the boys, grow up to be physically abusive, and not in the way the Pearls advocate. :x

CrazySister you are most likely right. Triumph, the oldest, usually looks pissed as hell in pictures. The fact that BRADRICK! stuck his clearly angry/miserable children in the video AND released it tells a lot about his personality. The video is nearly impossible to watch because the distressed children are so distracting. Petey, however, is so caught up in himself he probably still hasn't noticed what we instantly saw.

Archived