IGNORED

Bates grandparents interview...

tabitha2

I remember reading that Kelly went to college, but I don't think I knew Gil went too. Now I really don't get why their kids aren't going to Carson-Newman. It's a Baptist school, but it's accredited and everything. :roll:

I know right.With the Duggars no one that we know of in the immediate family got or is getting higher education so don't particularly value it but the Bates should be different

I guess the grandparents are the kind of christians that don't believe in sins of omission. They totally ignored the fact that their grandson Lawson is actually the breadwinner.

Um, the Bates have 4 kids in college? I guess 3 are doing College Minus and Erin takes a music class....that's not really college, guys!

Oh, any one want to place bets on when Bayley jumps in here with "insider info"? I say page 2.

Um, the Bates have 4 kids in college? I guess 3 are doing College Minus and Erin takes a music class....that's not really college, guys!

Oh, any one want to place bets on when Bayley jumps in here with "insider info"? I say page 2.

Gah, perhaps Bayley was responsible for the fugley green frumpers?

I find in very interesting that Gil Bates was raised as a mainstream Christian (Methodist) until he got involved with The Alliance for Christian Athletes in high school. Then all of a sudden his parents' church is not legalistic enough for him. These organizations should not be allowed near or in any schools. They are targeting teenagers at the most vulnerable time in their lives where acceptance and black and white answers are important. It's so slimey yet so smart at the same time (in terms of "growing" the organization).

I'm shocked because I grew up in the Northeast in Gil's generation and their is no way such a organization would have been allowed into our high schools up there. Too many competing religions. To tell you the truth, a lot of us really appreciated school as the place where our various religious traditions had no sway. And we went on to practice as adults (or didn't), but we had the chance to explore and inquire in a dogma free zone.

Archived