IGNORED

Christian Mingle

MandyLaLa

I can't help but think of fundies when I see the commercials. I know they don't watch tv but I wonder their opinion of the concept. I refuse to actually visit the Site though because they don't offer same sex dating. I think eharmony does that as well. I do however want to snark on the profiles and the probably insane amount of one upping about who's the most Christian.

Has anyone ever looked at it?

IIRC, eHarmony was successfully sued for discriminating against gay people and opened up a separate-but-equal service for same-sex dating...which begs the question of why you'd want to give money to people who professedly dislike you and all your kind, but you know.

Also curious to see what it's like.

I don't think I could do it. How many white guys with Lego-head hair, polo shirts and khakis can a girl take?

Me? Absolutely zero. We tried Lego-head hair on my hubby for funsies and it looked AWFUL! We both said no mas to that noise.

I'm game! I'll give it a try, i have a throw away email addy. I will report back!

ETA, sorry I bailed when they asked my church name. i'm not willing to lie that much. Anyone else want to go for it?

I'm game! I'll give it a try, i have a throw away email addy. I will report back!

ETA, sorry I bailed when they asked my church name. i'm not willing to lie that much. Anyone else want to go for it?

Good grief really. Would it accept church of the flying spaghetti monster.

I made one and just used a big mega-church nearby. What do you guys want to see?

Are there any non-clean cut looking guys? Just how many ping your gaydar?

This is so fun! M'kay. I want to know...

What's the range of fundieness?

What types of Christians hang out there?

Any snark worthy ads?

Also, any mentions of christianmingle as a 'courtship' thing?

Thanks for doing this for the team, I've so wanted to log on there but I don't have the skills to fake my way through it.

This is so fun! M'kay. I want to know...

What's the range of fundieness?

What types of Christians hang out there?

Any snark worthy ads?

Also, any mentions of christianmingle as a 'courtship' thing?

Thanks for doing this for the team, I've so wanted to log on there but I don't have the skills to fake my way through it.

Ditto

Also are all kinds of Christians accepted. Mormons, Catholics, jehovah witnesses etc...

So looking through the photo gallery, I'm not seeing nearly as many clean cut type guys as I expected. There are also some definite liars about about their age.

Here are some screen shots of the photo gallery. I'll put them on the spoiler tag in case people don't want the page clogged. It's showing men between 18 and 28 but with no other specifications.

[REMOVED]

I'm looking through profiles now, I'll screenshot a few and add them soon.

I'm curious, do they let you search among broad groups of Christianity? I'm assuming you can search for a specific denomination like Catholic or Baptist, but do they also let you search for mainline Protestant vs Evangelical or something like that? Do they ask about political affiliation?

These profiles are pretty lame compared to what I was expecting. I think I may change the specifications to only people who marked that they attend church every week.

Here are a few profiles:

[REMOVED]

To answer questions:

-It doesn't seem that fundy.

-Most of the Christians there seem pretty mainstream.

-Most of the ads I see are for Google, Hulu, and things with "faith" in the title.

-I haven't seen any courtship mentions yet.

-The options for denominations are Anglican, Apostolic, Assembly of God, Baptist, Catholic, Charismatic, Christian Reformed, Church of Christ, Episcopalian/Anglican, Evangelical, Interdenominational, Lutheran, Messianic, Methodist, Nazarene, -Non-denominational, Orthodox, Pentecostal, Presbyterian, Seventh-Day Adventist, Southern Baptist, Other, and Not Sure Yet.

-You can search for just everyone or you can do denomination-specific.

-No questions about political views so far, but I'm about to go further detail my interests so we'll see...

On what planet are some of those guys in their mid-20's? Under the third spoiler, 2nd row from the bottom, Soulwin1611 and johnpatterson are at least in their 40's.

C'mon guys, Christians aren't supposed to lie.

ETA: 3rd spoiler in 1st post, not 2nd

I put that it was 100% important that they attend church weekly and that they don't drink or smoke ever and I only got 10 matches. Some of them were pretty basic "Message me for more info", but there were these three:

[REMOVED]

Now I'm going to take the relationship readiness test...

Wow, these men do not seem to have a very high impression of women.

I have a question....how 'allowable' is the screen-shotting and sharing of this information? These are resources not available in the public domain and to access them, you do have to create an account; I mean, people are entirely responsible for whatever personal, identifying information they put on the internet and should be ready for it to be taken and shared in any way, but with a subscription service, there is a reasonable expectation of privacy here. I ask because FJ's TOU specify "Posting private, identifying information about an individual, including addresses and phone numbers that are not available via public resources (ie court documents, news articles)" and because the privacy policy for Christian Mingle specify "By accepting this Privacy Policy, you agree that, with respect to other members' personally identifiable information that you obtain through the Services, the Company hereby grants to you a license to use such information only for: (a) Company related communications that are not unsolicited commercial messages, and (b) any other purpose to which such member expressly agrees after complete disclosure of the purpose.... In addition, under no circumstances, except as defined in this Privacy Policy, may you disclose personally identifiable information about another member to any third party without our consent and the consent of such other member after adequate disclosure."

hahahaha, thanks for taking one for the team!

(Did this once to wind up a comrade of mine on another site. I listed nothing apart from I was female and apparently my only interest was "armed revolution". :lol: I still got emails saying I was sexy. What?)

Do people really only judge on denomination of Christianity...oh stupid question. We know fundies.

I have a question....how 'allowable' is the screen-shotting and sharing of this information? These are resources not available in the public domain and to access them, you do have to create an account; I mean, people are entirely responsible for whatever personal, identifying information they put on the internet and should be ready for it to be taken and shared in any way, but with a subscription service, there is a reasonable expectation of privacy here. I ask because FJ's TOU specify "Posting private, identifying information about an individual, including addresses and phone numbers that are not available via public resources (ie court documents, news articles)" and because the privacy policy for Christian Mingle specify "By accepting this Privacy Policy, you agree that, with respect to other members' personally identifiable information that you obtain through the Services, the Company hereby grants to you a license to use such information only for: (a) Company related communications that are not unsolicited commercial messages, and (b) any other purpose to which such member expressly agrees after complete disclosure of the purpose.... In addition, under no circumstances, except as defined in this Privacy Policy, may you disclose personally identifiable information about another member to any third party without our consent and the consent of such other member after adequate disclosure."

You can actually browse without creating an account, you just can't be specific as to what you're looking for, so I wouldn't think it would violate any rules.

Also, I'm screen-shotting the readiness test, but there are sixteen pages, so I'll post them if people want to see them, but I don't want to bore anyone if you guys aren't interested.

Ok, I have a confession. I joined this site for real after someone recommended it. That was years ago and I deleted my account, but not that many guys I saw on there looked super-fundie. More mainstream Christian, yeah. I found one guy who was not looking to date anybody who had been divorced because that was contrary to the Bible. That's about as fundie as it got. I joined Plenty of Fish at the same time and some of the same people were on there.

You can actually browse without creating an account, you just can't be specific as to what you're looking for, so I wouldn't think it would violate any rules.

Also, I'm screen-shotting the readiness test, but there are sixteen pages, so I'll post them if people want to see them, but I don't want to bore anyone if you guys aren't interested.

Oh, you can? How!? I tried but it tried to make me create an account every time I tried the 'browse for free.'

The readiness test was odd. It gave me a bunch of graphs but didn't tell me what they meant, so it didn't really do much to tell me if I was ready for a relationship or not...

Wow, these men do not seem to have a very high impression of women.

Yeah, that's what I thought. A lot of them have subtle insults towards women in their profiles. I suspect some girls will like that though and think "all other girls ARE crap, he needs MEEE!"

Oh, you can? How!? I tried but it tried to make me create an account every time I tried the 'browse for free.'

I saw the button and just figured you could. Didn't try, sorry. Even so, they aren't exactly being choosy with who they allow to have an account. It's free and anyone can have an account, so it shouldn't violate any privacy rules.

Archived