IGNORED

Christian Mingle

MandyLaLa

They really, really need to create a site like this for courtship minded people only. With links to contact the parents of the individuals instead of the individuals themselves, maybe. It would really help the lonely SAHDs out there that don't have many prospects. It would be way more convenient than loading up the van and fellowshipping every like minded family in the region hoping for a bite. Some rich fundie needs to set this up. These people need networking!

They really, really need to create a site like this for courtship minded people only. With links to contact the parents of the individuals instead of the individuals themselves, maybe. It would really help the lonely SAHDs out there that don't have many prospects. It would be way more convenient than loading up the van and fellowshipping every like minded family in the region hoping for a bite. Some rich fundie needs to set this up. These people need networking!

THIS!!! And who is to say we wouldn't mind the snark fodder. I was sort of thinking Christian Mingle would be like what you said.

Yeah, that's what I thought. A lot of them have subtle insults towards women in their profiles. I suspect some girls will like that though and think "all other girls ARE crap, he needs MEEE!"

It's a major red flag, to me it says "Other girls won't put up with my crap, I need to try more submissive pigeonholes..."

Sorry that Christian Mingle disappoints, but yeah, you aren't going to find a lot of fundies on here. I have friends who use the site, and they say it is full of "perverted old men."

*Mod hat on*

Are these screen caps of profiles publicly available for anyone to see without making an account on the site? Hyper, did you use your account to access these profiles? For me, if you have to make an account there to see what's been posted here, then sorry, they have to go. To me that falls under posting a screen cap of something that is behind facebook privacy settings or a blog that has gone to invited readers only. So if you did use your account to access them, then can you please delete them or let a mod know so they can do it? I leave them up for now as we don't have all the facts.

*Mod hat off*

I wonder if less hard-core men join this site because they think looking for nice Christian girls will guarantee a "nice, proper" type girl...

Also, I found it odd that one guy saying that life was too short to be angry or spend it fighting, when he's in the Army...?

Question: do they have a profile looked for? With specifications about ethnicity of the date? If yes how many specify an ethnicity in particular?

I agree with the screenshots. I find it creepy...

THIS!!! And who is to say we wouldn't mind the snark fodder. I was sort of thinking Christian Mingle would be like what you said.

There is an uber-fundy one that is adamanatly King James 1611 version only. For reals.

I cannot remember where I read about it before to find the link, but I will go search for it. I remember looking at the site at the time, and there were only a few dozen members I think. Mostly men. All scary.

ETA: I think this is it: http://kingjamesbiblesingles.wall.fm/

Edited a 2nd time to add: Lainey, I think this winner might live in your neck of the woods- Do you have a headship yet?!?

http://kingjamesbiblesingles.wall.fm/user/Transformed

He even made a video letting all future courtship gals know what makes a sanctified wife (put together with the odd choice of an instrumental Christmas hymn): WkBYJEZp4H8

My opinion of CM was tainted early on by a member of the Nest who had met her husband on CM. She had horrible spelling, would rant at members for using acronyms (like DH/DD/LOL) as she did not understand them, and once posted a long angry message that her husband had called her a MILF. Whenever I see a Christian Mingle commercial now I think of "Crazy Semi-Illiterate Nest Lady".

I am not Christian, so Christian Mingle was never something I even looked at, but I imagine it is much like any other general dating site, or "common interest" dating site like J-Date or the various activity-related dating sites out there. There will be a lot of riff raff, some people who you see on every dating site, a few creeps, a few liars (married men, etc), and some decent people, and maybe even some decent people who you might have a connection with.

I don't have anything against online dating AT all though, I met my husband on eHarmony and so it was well worth it for me (my brother also met his fiance on another dating site several years ago, etc) so if CM works for some people, power to them. I tried a few other dating sites over the years and they all have their own atmosphere and so on. People need to find out what fits for them.

I removed the screenshots; sorry. I didn't see it like Facebook since it's not like they have to accept your friend request or anything, but I removed them regardless.

Question: do they have a profile looked for? With specifications about ethnicity of the date? If yes how many specify an ethnicity in particular?

You can look for ethnicity, and it's one of the things they have you enter when you register. You can remove it later, but looking at just one page of profiles (12 are on one page), only 2 of them didn't have it specified.

Also, the featured guy on the top of the page is particularly snark-worthy. Can I post profile descriptions without the screenshots?

I'm looking at the KingJamesBible Singles site and laughed when an ad at the top was advertising Catholic videos. Bet the members don't like that!

um... http://marrywell.org/connect/about_us.php

:D :angelic-green:

I'm surprised that Steve isn't using this site to advertise his sons as potential husbands. He would make his sons' profiles, and check the other womens' profiles who write back, of course.

From the homepage of http://kingjamesbiblesingles.wall.fm/:

****** WARNING ******

Beware of predators who use lies, fake identities, etc. to lure victims. This is very common on social sites, and there is no guarantee it will not happen here. Pray, use discernment, and NEVER meet ANYONE in person ALONE, no matter how trustworthy they seem in internet correspondence. I suggest meeting at your local church, preferably with your pastor. And carry a gun for protection (until Obama takes it from your cold dead hand).

:roll: :lol: :roll: :lol: :roll: :lol:

Oh my, oh my.

And carry a gun for protection

This was hilarious enough. But this...

until Obama takes it from your cold dead hand

:laughing-rolling: What is it with fundies and botching common expressions?

I'm surprised that Steve isn't using this site to advertise his sons as potential husbands. He would make his sons' profiles, and check the other womens' profiles who write back, of course.

And arranging phone calls to confirm that it is in fact the women's fathers who are behind their profiles and not the women themselves. :naughty:

Online dating is kind of hit or miss (with many misses). I have never done the online thing but had many friends/acquiantances who did and some were quite successful. Regardless of which site, it takes a lot of persistance and dating to get someone who you actually like. Every site, whether paid or otherwise, is just filled with weirdos and perverts. Unlike meeting through traditional paths---i.e school, work, friends, family----you have no one to filter out the inappropriate ones. However, for those that cannot meet through traditional ways, online dating can be a huge help. If I hadn't met my SO, I would probably have given it a shot too.

The Christian Mingle doesn't look any different than other dating sites. Yes, it has a Christian bent, but there are just as many weirdos who profess to be Christians as weirdos in the general population. I don't believe any one site is better, just that some come with gimmicks such as this.

I just remembered: there was a guy on Christian Mingle from Australia that I was chatting with. This guy had stated on his profile that if you were having sex with your girlfriend or boyfriend, you weren't really a Christian. He initiated conversation with me. Anyway, somehow or other, he started talking about his "struggles," which quickly became about how much he masturbated and how much he liked giving oral. Then he asked what my bra size was and I blocked him.

Let's confess our sins one to another = let me be a total creep to you in the name of Jesus.

I never went on a single date with any of the guys on there, although I did talk to a nice divorced guy on the East Coast for awhile, until I realized it was probably kind of a waste of time.

Archived