IGNORED

Anderson Cooper Investigating Pearl NOW

Buzzard

Thanks, Buzzard. Just switched it on. I don't recall discussing either one in the time I've been here.

Here's the web page where you can leave comments: http://ac360.blogs.cnn.com/2012/08/03/t ... cipline-2/

Some recent tweets:

Join us for a special report with @andersoncooper and @GaryTuchmanCNN: “Ungodly Discipline†at 8 & 10pon.cnn.com/Pt6SgdBeoc

8:00 pm ET August 3, 2012 RETWEET

The meaning of "spare the rod, spoil the child,†and how some preachers use it as a reason to physically discipline kids. 8 & 10pET

7:50 pm ET August 3, 2012 RETWEET

RT @andersoncooper: At 8p and 10p on @AC360, an investigation into religious schools in the US accused of violence against their students.

7:39 pm ET August 3, 2012 RETWEET

At 8p and 10p on @AC360 tonight, an investigation into religious schools in the US accused of violence against their students.

7:38 pm ET August 3, 2012 RETWEET

Tonight, meet parents who believe in “spiritual spanking†to discipline their childr#AC360C360 8 and 10pm ET

7:25 pm ET August 3, 2012 RETWEET

Parents, school administrators and church leaders accused of hitting children in the name of God. Special report on #AC360 8 & 10pET

Sadly, I'm not even shocked after all of the things I've heard about various fundie pastors like this. It seems like some of these people just seem full of hate for children and hell bent on beating them and seeing them as non-humans, something to own or subjugate. I hope more and more mainstream exposure like this will bring awareness to this kind of abuse being legitimized by these people.

Sadly, I'm not even shocked after all of the things I've heard about various fundie pastors like this. It seems like some of these people just seem full of hate for children and hell bent on beating them and seeing them as non-humans, something to own or subjugate. I hope more and more mainstream exposure like this will bring awareness to this kind of abuse being legitimized by these people.

How do you make souvenir paddles??? I mean, REALLY?

Welcome to Fairhaven Baptist Academy

The history of Fairhaven Baptist Academy is rooted in the history of Fairhaven Baptist Church. Pastor Roger Voegtlin founded Fairhaven Baptist Church in October of 1970 with fourteen people attending the first service. After struggling through the first year, the church blossomed into one of America’s fastest growing ministries. At four years old, the church was running 500 in attendance, had beautiful new facilities including a 500 seat auditorium, 40 acres of land, and the academy had over 350 students in kindergarten through eighth grade. It was at this time that Pastor Voegtlin and Fairhaven Baptist Church began to battle the government over rights to train children for God. Over $100,000 was spent for the fight, but God blessed. There was great victory and the church was nationally acclaimed for its stand. By its 8th anniversary, Fairhaven Baptist Church was recognized as America’s largest and fastest growing young church.

Fairhaven Baptist Academy was founded in 1972 as an educational option for the parents of Northwest Indiana. The members of Fairhaven saw the need for an alternative to the progressive educational ideas and humanistic philosophy that was being taught in public educational institutions. Fairhaven Baptist Academy makes no apology for a distinctive Christian education.

From the outset, the academy has maintained certain distinctives; among these are character, discipline, appreciation for the arts, respect for oneself and respect for authority.

Holy crap this place sounds scary!

I'm watching it now as I missed it at eight o'clock. I think this has been on before, I remember seeing some of it. I know I didn't get to see the whole thing, though, so I'm glad it's on again. Well...glad isn't quite the word, but you know what I mean. :?

This is the place they are discussing -- Pine Haven:

www.pinehaven.net/

Our Philosophy

Why does Pinehaven succeed?

At Pinehaven we acknowledge that God is the one bringing about changes in the lives of these young people. Directed by His leading, our program is based on five fundamental principles:

It is established on a foundation of Scriptural faith. "Except the Lord build the house, they labor in vain that build it." (Psalm 127:1) In the security and warmth of a true family environment, young people go to church, worship God, participate in family devotions, and much more.

The program builds self-esteem. This is accomplished through the learning of skills and seeing tangible results of hard work. As they learn, the kids in our program develop self-confidence because the emphasis is on "What I can do" rather than on "What I have".

Sound, old-fashioned values provide the necessary atmosphere for success. Our kids learn to help each other and focus on others' needs. Honesty and integrity are stressed as they learn how to meet their own needs. They learn skills which can help them obtain future employment. We teach them to appreciate the simple pleasures of life in a breathtaking setting provided by our Heavenly Father.

Personal responsibility. We don't subscribe to society's notion that anything wrong with your life is someone else's fault. Young people need to learn to take responsibility for their own actions and choices.

A firm hand, a fair mind, and a warm heart. When discipline is necessary we deliver it, as fairly as possible, but always with love. We correct them not because we are angry, but because we care for them.

bolding mine

qqrNOAr2Hy8

A former student of one of the schools discussed on the show.

:clap: :clap: :clap:

What a courageous and impressive man!!

Archived