IGNORED

What do these people do for money?!

formergothardite

So I just checked the blog of Rebecca from Unusual Maiden, the one who came here, promised to answer the "tough questions", lied about liking people who are gay, got huffy when people called her out on lying, modestly gave us lots of info about her sex life and then flounced without actually answering any of the tough questions.

Okay, they are newlyweds who just graduated from college. She doesn't work, he works at a church from what I can tell, yet they are always traveling and going on vacations. Where do they get the money from this?! The beach trip I could see because maybe her inlaws paid for that. But a pre- 1-year-anniversary" trip?! Does that mean that they are going to have an actual 1 year anniversary trip? And it isn't like they stayed in a regular hotel. They spent three nights of their four night trip at a bed and breakfast.

We both were working and our actual 1 year anniversary trip wasn't that nice. In fact it wasn't a trip it was a drive to the mountains. Where do these people get money? Does working as youth pastor really pay that much?

unusualmaidenbutterflydays.blogspot.com/

First things first, she needs a better bra!

But yeah I have no idea how a lot of these fundies can afford some of the things they do, I can only presume that they get good deals from other fundies!? As well as handouts from others like them.

From the photos they don't seem as really hard-core fundie as I have seen, but I'm not familiar at all with them, so I could be wrong in thinking that perhaps they are wracking up a credit card?

i wondered what happened to this chick. Wasn't she something else before she got married, then tales from the little white house?

Oh, they are just as bad as other fundies. I can't remember the name of the other thread where she came to "answer tough questions" it was in chatter, but she is just as bad as the rest of them. Except she lies about what she believes.

Rebecca is friends with the talkes from the little white house chick. Apparently us pondering her whole egg on the floor birth announcement sent her into days of crying or something like that. Rebecca thinks we are all meanies.

I don't understand it either. They must be getting handouts or loans from somewhere or someone. My headship and I reach our 10 year anniversary next year, we both work and we are still struggling to justify spending money on a little holiday to celebrate.

I know people like this though. They are on the same sort of salaries as us and yet they have several holidays a year. I know everyone's priorities are different but we don't really have money to spend on anything luxurious and I just wonder how they manage it.

Guest Anonymous
Oh, they are just as bad as other fundies. I can't remember the name of the other thread where she came to "answer tough questions" it was in chatter, but she is just as bad as the rest of them. Except she lies about what she believes.

Rebecca is friends with the talkes from the little white house chick. Apparently us pondering her whole egg on the floor birth announcement sent her into days of crying or something like that. Rebecca thinks we are all meanies.

It's called 'Keeping my promise'. It's a fun read.

http://freejinger.org/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=10512&hilit=bexrani

I follow her a bit. She's a little different perhaps because she's a born and bred New England fundie and they aren't always as crazy as those bred elsewhere from what my experience (especially being former UPC here). Living in NE, it just seems I encounter the hardcore fundies from other places.

Anyway, she is the one who blogs (or use to) with her four friends from Bible college that all got married around the same time. I cannot remember the URL but they told their wedding stories and posted a gazillion pictures. One of them has a baby already.

She appears different on the surface, but when you get down to it, she is no different.

Well, if you look at your paycheck and add back in the FICA taxes (because pastors can opt out of that*), and the health insurance (trust in God!) and, heck, pretty much all the income tax (because he has a dependent wife), there's quite a bit more money in there.

And then they may get housing from the church, depending on the church. And depending what kind of fundy family they're from they may be getting lots of gifts from their parents still, to make sure their marriage "starts out right". A lot of the megafamilies don't have that kind of money, but some of the other fundies do.

*as far as I know only fundies and Baptists actually do opt out. But there's a religious exemption clause for paying into social security.

They might also be putting all this on credit cards, trusting in the Lard to help them make those minimum payments each month. And if they can't, well there's nothing wrong with bleeding the beast, right?

Do we know why she's not pregnant yet? Is she of the "open and close my womb as Jaysus sees fit" club?

Depending on the size of the church a pastor...even a youth pastor or an assistant pastor can make alot of money. The megachurches, the Rick Warren type, these guys especially. When my husband and I got married we were married by a no name pastor at a small country type church. That was 26 years ago. Now that same pastor has made it big...even has his half hour or hour on TBN and he and his wife live very very well, let me tell you. He is still a pastor of a church in Georgia in a city of around 200,000. I know all the guys on his staff (no wimmins allowed, nohow) make large salaries. However, if he is a youth pastor of a church in a small town I would wonder as well. Edited to say that he actually does have some women on staff...I believe running the children's departments...isn't that usually the only place they are allowed.

Size of the Church dictates the pay scale. Housing for a youth pastor? Not very often. Maybe they saved the checks and cash from the wedding gifts? Inherited money?

Coming back in to say that I poked around the new blog and the old one and it is strange...looks like he is an IFB youth pastor and not from one of the megachurches....so maybe they just eat alot of beans and rice and don't spend any money on anything. Obviously his salary wouldn't be that much.

Size of the Church dictates the pay scale. Housing for a youth pastor? Not very often.

My niece married a guy who is a youth pastor at a church in a wealthy community in NJ. The church provides their housing, and he makes a pretty decent living. Depending on where this couple lives in NY, they might have the same kind of deal, which would free up a lot of their income for luxuries.

It doesn't look like a big church. And IME, IFB churches are not known for paying youth pastors well. Bible college isn't cheap either. So either they are in massive amounts of debt or they have parents who payed for the college and help support them.

She was begging for us to ask her about why she wasn't pregnant on her thread. I can't remember the reason why. That was overshadowed by all of her lying. I hope members of their youth group google her, find that thread and question why she is so ashamed of what she believes that she has to make it seem like she doesn't believe it. Be sure your sins will find you out and all that. :naughty:

I wonder what many of the men do to support such large families. Especially when there are adult married children with their own families living on the property, such as the arrangement the Sanders and Morton families have. I know there is farming involved, but they don't seem to have enough land to make that much money. There are wealthy farmers in my family, but they have thousands of acres, which the aforementioned families do not seem to have. And the fundie fathers appear to be around quite a bit of the time instead of out working the land. My aunts, uncles, and cousins work very long hours and don't take frequent trips to visit relaltives and friends, or arrange courtships. So where do these families get the money to make trips, support so many on one income, and have nice houses?

Looks like that room was $145/night. http://www.bedandbreakfast.com/new-york ... kfast.html

I looked it up because I was curious. I know that in Anchorage, B&Bs are much cheaper than hotels during summer/tourist invasion. So I was thinking I might give them a pass as it doesn't look like they did much that cost money, just stayed in a hotel and some hiking/ "Fellowshipping"

So around $600 for the hotel, I'm not sure if there is a bed tax or what kind of taxes NY State has on rooms. That's not the worst price for a vacation, especially if they drove and didn't eat dinner.

Ok, somewhat OT, but since we mentioned Katy at Little White House...

She recently put up an entry for her (22nd!!!!) birthday, including this picture:

287889_348073895266713_1408382940_o+(1).jpg

And I just had to laugh a little because it reminded me so much of this picture:

baby-hold.jpg

:lol: I know there's nothing wrong with how Katy's holding the baby, and he's probably perfectly comfortable, but he just looks like a prop in that shot. Like he could fall on the ground and she'd never even notice. That doesn't seem like the way to treat your Little Man*.

*Yes, she has referred to him as Little Man since the day he was born. He is even tagged as Little Man on the blog :roll:

LOL. that picture is like "We are snuggling! Squeee! Oh look there is a baby dangling off my arm. How did that get there?"

Oh my gosh, her blog was so irritating. Why was everything in short sentences and centred? I could barely read more than a few words without feeling annoyed.

Maybe he gets paid better than you think or they are frugal in other areas to pay for holidays (I'm a bit like that about some things which gives me what is seemingly more money than other people in some areas, but it's just my prioritising).

I suspect a lot of these young couples have other support though - parents maybe? If they don't have too many kids to support. Or maybe their blogs pay better than we think

Oh my gosh, her blog was so irritating. Why was everything in short sentences and centred? I could barely read more than a few words without feeling annoyed.

Maybe he gets paid better than you think or they are frugal in other areas to pay for holidays (I'm a bit like that about some things which gives me what is seemingly more money than other people in some areas, but it's just my prioritising).

I suspect a lot of these young couples have other support though - parents maybe? If they don't have too many kids to support. Or maybe their blogs pay better than we think

A lot of mainstream people their age have parental support (you know, throughout the college years), so I wouldn't be that surprised if fundies do it too.

Archived