IGNORED

What do these people do for money?!

formergothardite

Only through college. I don't know anyone who was still supported post-graduation (other than subsidised rent if they weren't working or something) and that only really applied to those living at home not those out on their own married. But fundies are probably different on that one.

Their vacation isn't all that expensive if they watched their money. If the place they stayed at comes out to be $600 total as the above poster estimated, the entire vacation could be done under $1000, especially if they ate at cheap places or at friends'. If they were frugal and had some savings (maybe used wedding money?), they could afford a couple of these vacations a year starting out.

My SO probably makes more than a youth pastor but still pretty modestly and I've been a student for much of our relationship. We have done multiple budget vacations and it's always been cash only. If we drive and stay at cheap places and/or stayed with friends, it's amazing how much one can do on the cheap. Even with an income of, say, $30k, it's possible to splurge a couple of thousand for twice a year on cheap vacations for two adults. I'm assuming the college thing is paid for by parents/loans.

What I really want to know is how the Maxwells are able to splurge on some of their stuff!

She sent me a message, her husband doesn't get paid for being a youth pastor, he works in retail. Their last vacation was paid for by their inlaws. They got a discount on this one. She didn't answer if her parents and inlaws paid for college. Because it was our college loans that got us when we first got married. Without those we would have had a lot more money.

No. But she also has a fear of driving and they only have one car. When we talked about that on the other thread, it appears that not driving really isn't that strange.

Archived