IGNORED

Zimmerman Says It Was God's Plans

debrand

With all of this media splurge, how are they ever going to pick a jury for this guy? Or is that the point?

That's my best guess-- it's going to be extremely difficult to find a jury made of people who haven't already been following the case, and who haven't already formed some opinion about what really happened.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

His lawyer is a stupid fuck for letting him run his mouth like this. And pull all the stuff with Barbara Walters "No interview unless you give me a free month at a hotel."

I can't wait to see him convicted.

His lawyer is a stupid fuck for letting him run his mouth like this. And pull all the stuff with Barbara Walters "No interview unless you give me a free month at a hotel."

I can't wait to see him convicted.

I don't think his lawyer is stupid. I think he's trying to set up a plea.

With all of this media splurge, how are they ever going to pick a jury for this guy? Or is that the point?

They managed to find an unbiased jury for Sandusky even without a change of venue. So I'm hoping they can do the same for this case.

From what I've heard, his lawyer was just trying to generate some donations so there would be money in the defense fund.

If his lawyer is trying to set up a plea of temporary insanity, and Zimmerman is cool with that, then he's crazy (no pun intended)! I currently work at a psychiatric hospital and we have many patients with legal status (NGRI- Not Guilty by Reason of Insanity, IST- Incompetent to Stand Trial). I think there's a general misconception amongst the public that getting off of by pleading insanity will prevent you from having to serve jail time. Well, if you do "get off" on a plea of insanity you essentially WILL serve jail time--it will just be on a lock-down unit of a psychiatric hospital where you will meet many other (anti-social, i.e. "psychopathic") people who should've gone to jail but also had lawyers who were able to get them off. Most of our NGRI patients are "serving" long "sentences" and are court ordered to be in treatment for years at a time before the judge will even consider the possibility of them being discharged from the hospital. We have some NGRI patients that have been in the hospital 15 or 20 years (which I suspect is the judge/legal system's way of making sure that they are truly punished for the crime they committed). In addition, NGRI patients are not given the same rights that other civilly committed patients receive. Essentially, anything that they want to do has to be approved by the court first before they are allowed to do it. Even though you've been found "not guilty" you'll essentially still be treated as a criminal and will be denied the privileges that everyone else in the hospital can receive.

Those poor parents. If somebody said it was God's plan that my kid was shot, I don't know what I'd do.

Talk about adding salt to Treyvon's parent's wounds.

Those poor parents. If somebody said it was God's plan that my kid was shot, I don't know what I'd do.

Talk about adding salt to Treyvon's parent's wounds.

and the idiot still wants to talk to them. Like I think they would give him a big fuck you now. after he said he would do it all over again that's a big fuck you 10 fold.

Talk about adding salt to Treyvon's parents' wounds.

Isn't that unbelievable? :o I got nauseated when I read that.

I hope the son of a bitch gets the maximum. But no amount of jail time can make up for what he did.

I watched the View today and BW had gone down there to do an interview. He came into the room in a tee shirt and jeans, not at all like he was with Hanniy and told her that unless ABC ponied up X amount of $, no interview. BW, whether you like her or not, conferred with her producers and told him, sorry we don't pay to talk. So later on during the show she announced that GZ was on the phone with his lawyer and wanted to speak to her and the audience. They went to break and came back and she said to the camera, I am sorry Mr Z, the appointment was for yesterday and we have no desire to speak to you today.

Bravo to her and her producers.

He's a slimy bastard, almost as slick as Scott Peterson..

I was watching Inside Edition and they discussed what happened with The View/BW. I'm glad BW shoved it to Zimmerman.

If his lawyer is trying to set up a plea of temporary insanity, and Zimmerman is cool with that, then he's crazy (no pun intended)! I currently work at a psychiatric hospital and we have many patients with legal status (NGRI- Not Guilty by Reason of Insanity, IST- Incompetent to Stand Trial). I think there's a general misconception amongst the public that getting off of by pleading insanity will prevent you from having to serve jail time. Well, if you do "get off" on a plea of insanity you essentially WILL serve jail time--it will just be on a lock-down unit of a psychiatric hospital where you will meet many other (anti-social, i.e. "psychopathic") people who should've gone to jail but also had lawyers who were able to get them off. Most of our NGRI patients are "serving" long "sentences" and are court ordered to be in treatment for years at a time before the judge will even consider the possibility of them being discharged from the hospital. We have some NGRI patients that have been in the hospital 15 or 20 years (which I suspect is the judge/legal system's way of making sure that they are truly punished for the crime they committed). In addition, NGRI patients are not given the same rights that other civilly committed patients receive. Essentially, anything that they want to do has to be approved by the court first before they are allowed to do it. Even though you've been found "not guilty" you'll essentially still be treated as a criminal and will be denied the privileges that everyone else in the hospital can receive.

Although when they have temporary insanity they are rarely committed for ngri.

I'm glad BW rejected him, but I have to admit, I would LOVE to see her have a go at him.

He's loathsome. truly.

I never understood why Zimmerman fired his original attorneys. Perhaps they wanted to actually defend him and not earn his family free cash.

Although when they have temporary insanity they are rarely committed for ngri.

It might be that O'Mara, his current attorney, has little to no control over Zimmerman. Apparently, the prosecution is delighted with the interview.

I never understood why Zimmerman fired his original attorneys. Perhaps they wanted to actually defend him and not earn his family free cash.

I thought they quit...did he fire them?

Zimmerman just gets more and more creepy the more you scratch his surface. I suspect there's a plethora of crazy in this guy. Figures he'd give the exclusive to Fox News, who support him in his quest to beat down the uppity African-Americans.

I agree. I know there's been a lot of talk about race regarding this whole case, and I'm not denying that it brought out the still-prevalent racial tensions in America, but as soon as I read anything about Zimmerman, paranoid was what I was thinking much more than racist.That kind of militant faux-neighborhood watch behavior is just not normal. I'm convinced that he's not right in the head at all. But of course, that does not justify the taking of a teenage boy's life.

And my God would never plan for someone to kill and cut short someone's life like that.

I agree. I know there's been a lot of talk about race regarding this whole case, and I'm not denying that it brought out the still-prevalent racial tensions in America, but as soon as I read anything about Zimmerman, paranoid was what I was thinking much more than racist.That kind of militant faux-neighborhood watch behavior is just not normal. I'm convinced that he's not right in the head at all. But of course, that does not justify the taking of a teenage boy's life.

And my God would never plan for someone to kill and cut short someone's life like that.

I agree ,I also think Zimmerman was the paranoid millitant neighborhood watch captain with a couple screws loose. I also don't think that justifies him killing Trayvon. I get the feeling that Zimmerman also has issues with authority or public servant type people. The 911 dispatcher told him, "you don't have to do that" in regards to following and approaching Trayvon. I think Zimmerman wanted to prove to that 911 dispatcher that he was serving some kind of duty.

I know there's been a lot of talk about race regarding this whole case, and I'm not denying that it brought out the still-prevalent racial tensions in America, but as soon as I read anything about Zimmerman, paranoid was what I was thinking much more than racist.That kind of militant faux-neighborhood watch behavior is just not normal. I'm convinced that he's not right in the head at all. But of course, that does not justify the taking of a teenage boy's life.

You can be paranoid and racist at the same time, and I think we'll find that Zimmerman was very much a racist against African Americans. Racial profiling played a large role Martin's murder. Some black kids robbed homes; black kids are therefore no good; here's a black kid, therefore he must be up to no good and I'm not going to let this one get away come hell or high water.

And being paranoid about your own safety and being paranoid about the safety of the larger community are somewhat different things. I think Zimmerman fancied himself a Lord and Protector of the Realm and agree that he's got some serious mental health issues.

His utter lack of remorse is both telling and damning. Any normal person in such a situation would have responded with a "Hell, yeah, I wish I'd never left my truck", but not Zimmerman. The only conclusion one can draw from his response is that he thinks what happened is not a bad thing. Trayvon really should be dead. Because God said.

I hope he's convicted and locked up for a really long time.

You can be paranoid and racist at the same time, and I think we'll find that Zimmerman was very much a racist against African Americans. Racial profiling played a large role Martin's murder. Some black kids robbed homes; black kids are therefore no good; here's a black kid, therefore he must be up to no good and I'm not going to let this one get away come hell or high water.

And being paranoid about your own safety and being paranoid about the safety of the larger community are somewhat different things. I think Zimmerman fancied himself a Lord and Protector of the Realm and agree that he's got some serious mental health issues.

His utter lack of remorse is both telling and damning. Any normal person in such a situation would have responded with a "Hell, yeah, I wish I'd never left my truck", but not Zimmerman. The only conclusion one can draw from his response is that he thinks what happened is not a bad thing. Trayvon really should be dead. Because God said.

I hope he's convicted and locked up for a really long time.

I definitely agree with your last sentiment!

However, Zimmerman cannot say he wishes he'd never left his truck as that would undermine his Stand Your Ground (aka Shoot to Kill) defense. Because of the law, he must say he had no choice. Though not necessary from a legal standpoint, throwing in God was a nice touch.

Zimmerman cannot say he wishes he'd never left his truck as that would undermine his Stand Your Ground (aka Shoot to Kill) defense. Because of the law, he must say he had no choice.

I don't agree. His "stand your ground" argument starts from the point where he claims Martin threatened and or attacked him, not from the point when he decided to leave his truck.

I don't see how it is possible for him to argue he had no choice but to leave his truck. Of course he had a choice. Martin was not a threat to him personally in any way when Zimmerman decided to leave his truck and pursue him. He was safe in his truck and the cops were on the way. Zimmerman's sole defense is that he had to shoot Martin because Martin was later trying to kill him (despite the fact that it was Zimmerman who started the altercation in the first place).

I don't agree. His "stand your ground" argument starts from the point where he claims Martin threatened and or attacked him, not from the point when he decided to leave his truck.

I don't see how it is possible for him to argue he had no choice but to leave his truck. Of course he had a choice. Martin was not a threat to him personally in any way when Zimmerman decided to leave his truck and pursue him. He was safe in his truck and the cops were on the way. Zimmerman's sole defense is that he had to shoot Martin because Martin was later trying to kill him (despite the fact that it was Zimmerman who started the altercation in the first place).

I hope that is the part that bites him in the ass when he goes to trial. I hope the jury realizes that Zimmerman did have the choice to stay in his truck.

I don't know enough about the Florida law. I do agree that he made it very clear in the interview that he had no choice but to pull his weapon.

I don't know enough about the Florida law. I do agree that he made it very clear in the interview that he had no choice but to pull his weapon.

It's irrelevant that he followed him and chased him down. That's not the issue at hand. The SYG law means if you are ever faced with a situation where it is your life or theirs, you can protect yourself. He found himself in a situation -- regardless of whether or not it was his own fault there -- where he shot to "defend" himself.

/law student

Archived