IGNORED

Cross Controversay in DUGGER, Indiana!

IReallyAmHopewell

There are crosses just like that -down to the font and everything- in the Hendersonville/Saluda area on western North Carolina. Some of them are in churchyards, but a surprising number are seen in the yards of private homes. None of them are on public property, however.

That and it's illegal as all hell.

Well, yeah. They obliviously wanted controversy by putting it on public land.

I'm just saying, join hands around something pretty, not something that could double as a cell phone tower.

Wow. I drive through there from time to time.

Lots of homemade anti-choice and "Jesus" signs around that part of the country, though most of them are properly on private property.

When will people read the fucking constitution?! "Freedom of religion"

"Freedom OF religion, not freedom FROM religion" Well, no. It means I am free to believe whatever I want. And my tax dollars shouldn't be paying to support your religion because that violates the constitution. But you probably don't understand how that works because you got your education from someone who says "I did good" and doesn't possess basic cognitive skills. I can't stand people like this. They just want attention and to make this country into a christian theocracy. They started winning as soon as we put "in god we trust" on our currency, which actually makes it illegal. But you can't tell them that. You also can't tell them that the "one nation under god" was invented at the same time for the exact same reason. "We have to fight those evil godless commies. So we have to prove how much we love god" But of course, that's all hogwash to them. All of it. I'm not entirely sure how communism came to be associated with the colour red (outside of communist dictators killing everyone but I think the association was made before that) but I wouldn't be surprised if commies are red because satan and hell are red.

:Leaving soap box now:

That cross is so ugly. Good taste alone says to move it.

Nothing like using an instrument of torture as a religious symbol, why not pick the water board it is a bit more contemporaneous.

Members of the religious community of Dugger, Ind. form a prayer circle around the Western Indiana town's 26-foot cross on Tuesday, July 17, 2012 after the town council received a letter expressing objections from a separation of church and state group based in Washington D.C. that wants the cross moved from town property.

Of course, it's FOREIGNERS from Warshington, D.C. who want the cross moved, not God-fearin' Midwesterners.

I hate when they do that. It's unconstitutional whether it's an organization in Indiana, D.C., or even the heathen California that wants it removed.

Of course, it's FOREIGNERS from Warshington, D.C. who want the cross moved, not God-fearin' Midwesterners.

I hate when they do that. It's unconstitutional whether it's an organization in Indiana, D.C., or even the heathen California that wants it removed.

My guess is that this organization is Americans United for the Separation of Church and State: started by Baptists. I'm a member, though not a Baptist.

Archived