IGNORED

OMG! There is so much sex on submarines!

SpeakNow

Every time women enter a male-dominated arena, conservatives scream and throw a fit. They start by saying women will be disruptive to all the men working, then talk about how women are incompetent and unqualified and not capable of doing the work. Finally they will throw in something about how pregnancy and child-rearing will disrupt their work and hiring men is a better option for employers. I see that in medicine, and in particular surgery. Of course, now, society feels it strange to have male OB-GYNs, and think it odd for a guy to want to go into general pediatrics because it's now viewed as "women fields". But not too long ago, people denigrated female physicians. Give it 30 years, I bet fundies will forget about females in the navy and move on to complain about some other female invasion.

As a former Navy brat, I grew up around submariners. They used to be underway for months at a time, sometimes more than half the year out to sea. And according to them, the saying goes "It's not gay if it's underway." ^_~

Archived