IGNORED

The Olympic Games and Fundies

Markie

Maybe Dougie will do a re-enactment of the first Olympic Games where men competed in the nude!!!

He wouldn't be able to hide his erections then :lol: :lol:

This guy lives in my town. A former member of that church claims that he saw someone stuffing glitter into the ventilation.

Pshaw. Glitter, God, same thing.

Maybe Dougie will do a re-enactment of the first Olympic Games where men competed in the nude!!!

And women were strictly forbidden to watch the games unless they wished to be sentenced to death. No joke.

I think that would be the ultimate dream of Dougie: nude sweaty manly men fellowshipping with each other and no women in sight!

is Lolo a legit fundy? there are many mainstream Christians to practice abstinence who are not at all fundy...

I'm interested to see how they do. There's a part of me that thinks they're going to passive aggressively send below average athletes.

!

Both women live and train abroad. Also there are active wear hijabs and such

In defense of the "women think about sex watching athetes" thing I have been ogling male gymnasts and swimmers as long as I've been ogling anybody. Perhaps the difference is that my family treated this as normal and Mom joined in! Eye candy left and right, it's fun!

He wouldn't be able to hide his erections then :lol: :lol:

I was going to bet money that Dougie will be watching the manly men.

is Lolo a legit fundy? there are many mainstream Christians to practice abstinence who are not at all fundy...

She describes herself as an evangelical. I think she has an ok personality compared to Jeebus showboater Tim Tebow.

Ryan Lochte is a very good looking man. Since Zsu reads here, hey Zsu let yourself be defrauded by Ryan Lochte. I hate to be mean but I've always found the PP to be a derpy looking.

mind you, there are some fundie olympians. Lolo Jones, who I believe is very publicly saving herself* for marriage.

*As I wrote this, it occurred to me: I find this terminology odd and kinda disturbing. She's saving her virginity, not the entire entity of her being. This phrasing clearly conflates the two in a way that my secular feminist self is not comfortable with.

Also, this guy says that god is his coach :roll:

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/07/15/sport ... wanted=all

Oh Ryan Hall. He's the US's top marathon runner...and the only one to go under 2:06. He's fundie-lite, and talks about his faith all the time.

Generally I don't mind him too much though.

I'm sorry, can you explain this? I think I'm missing something...

The church he belongs to has been know to have been showered with gold dust during worship services.

They call it a Glory Cloud.

I bet some of the vision forum crowd watch the Olympics. They watch TV, so at least they have access to it, whereas the Maxwell "kids" would probably only know about it from hearing others mentioning it in line at the grocery store.

I remember a Dougie post about his approval of the high school wrestler who wouldn't wrestle a a female in a school meet that he was matched up with, forfeiting the win. I'm sure Dougie really loves to watch that manly man on man action on the wrestling mat!

I LOVE the Olympics! I think it teaches kids so many important lessons and are a great example for them.

If the Fundies ever gained dominion over the USA like they want to, I can imagine President JimBob sending a team of frumper clad women and modestly dressed men to the Olympics. It would be the same line of thinking that makes him say "Duggar girls can do anything in skirts" (or flipflops).

Then they would all be suprised when God didn't reward their modesty and godliness with medals and instead the heathens in appropriate attire won.

Oh, and re: Lolo and her virginity. How did this even become public knowledge? Do interviewers routinely enquire about the status of a thirty something athlete's hymen?

Or has she very immodestly put it in her press releases, thus making the world see her in terms of her sexuality?

From a photo caption

Michael Phelps, 16 time Olympic gold medalist

Ummm....

wrong.

From Wiki - (it's your friend, homeschoolers - while not always 100% accurate, the basics usually are!)

Michael Fred Phelps (born June 30, 1985) is an American international swimmer who has, overall, won 16 Olympic medals—six gold and two bronze at Athens in 2004, and eight gold at Beijing in 2008...

:roll:

In defense of the "women think about sex watching athetes" thing I have been ogling male gymnasts and swimmers as long as I've been ogling anybody. Perhaps the difference is that my family treated this as normal and Mom joined in! Eye candy left and right, it's fun!

Well yes...Abso-bloody -lutely.

If we cannot enjoy God's creation and how amazing it is unlike the Fundies who spout that crap. I do a good bit of admiring :lol:

There is a whole theological experience around admiring athletic bodies. For example, when I see a particularly beautiful body during the Olympics, I will spontaneously say, "You have got to Praise the Lord for making things like that!"

Archived