IGNORED

Facebook Stalking and Making My Heart Skip A Beat--NGJ

Sprocket

My husband works odd hours, so I have an irregular pattern that I'm on the internet. I recently noticed that a woman posts on my SiL's facebook page.... so I just clicked on her public profile. Apparently, her husband is a pseudo pastor and my estranged MiL goes to their church :shock: . (That's odd because the last we knew they went to an incedibly small IFB church that had maybe 20 members and was sexist as all hell, but otherwise fairly harmless -- as IFB churches go. Then I see that the woman has "liked" a link to NGJ / Preparing to Be a Help Meet as well as "shared" it on her wall. My mouth is on the floor. I knew that his family were fundies but I had no idea to what extent they had gravitated. This woman has teenage to small children and she homeschools. I have no idea if she knows that these people contribute to the abuse of hundreds/thousands of children. I'm holding my tongue because the last thing I need is her running off to my MiL saying that I contacted her (she knows my husband very well) and starting drama. My SiL links a lot of her posts, so I'm going to by physically sick if my SiL goes anywhere near this nonsense. She has multiple children under the age of 11 and I know that they spank, just not with plumbing lines (hopefully). I'm freaking out because I've never thought that this poison would hit so close to home. We're not close with this brother of my husband and his family (mainly because of my bsc MiL) but I adore their children and we try to make a civil effort for their sakes. I think I may go throw up now.

Here is the link that she posted:

nogreaterjoy.org/shop/preparing-to-be-a-help-meet-book#.UACEUwppsdA.facebook

Damn, I need to start getting my facts together so I can "inform" my SiL (ie, bombard her with the ugly truth of their "ministries") if this pops up. UGH!!!!!!

I'm about to say drama be damned. I've found a "christian blog" which she would respond well to in order for her to (hopefully) give pause before using their materials. Apparetnly this blogger knew little Lydia that died as a result of the Pearl's instructions. I'm going to try to grab several more "christian" sources and let the pieces fall where they may. This woman has a 15 year old girl and I really feel like I need to say something.

lauriemo.blogspot.com/2010/02/in-which-i-speak-of-unspeakable.html

Archived