IGNORED

fundie overcomes infertility

ricky_ticky

I've mentioned Stephanie Clark and her struggles to get pregnant here before - she's got a new blog post up announcing her due date. She's one of the lucky "barren" women who will get to fulfill her womanly mission on earth. I'm guessing that she won't be entering grad studies in linguistics now.

his-keeper-at-home.blogspot.com/

Oh yay. Another baby to be beaten and bruised thanks to musing of Michael Pearl. :puke-huge: Ya know, I wouldn't mind her having a baby if I didn't know that by this time next year, she'll be smacking the back of its legs with a wooden ruler to "blanket train" it. Sickening.

"God opens and shuts the womb, so we'll have as many babies as God wants without intervening--unless He wants us to have zero." <--my interp of Quiverfull infertility treatments.

Infertility makes me sad. I have friends who struggled to conceive & bear children, and I don't judge them for that. In fact, I'm mostly glad this young lady (and she is young) has conceived, and I hope her pregnancy goes well. But the apparent hypocrisy of "trusting God only so far as He does what I want" bothers me.

Oh yay. Another baby to be beaten and bruised thanks to musing of Michael Pearl. :puke-huge: Ya know, I wouldn't mind her having a baby if I didn't know that by this time next year, she'll be smacking the back of its legs with a wooden ruler to "blanket train" it. Sickening.

Agreed. Makes me sad every time one of them gets pregnant

Somehow I always think that an affliction like infertility might cause a fundie feelings of doubt or a crisis of faith. Infertility particularly goes straight to the core of a woman's purpose in life. Why would God so severely limit a woman's options and then take away the one real option? In Stephanie's case her husband had decided that she should go back to school, (she already graduated college,) partially to distract her from obsessing about pregnancy. I'm certain that the baby trumps grad school. I find Stephanie especially fascinating because she had a freer life; lived away from home, went to college, chose her own man, AND then chose to go ultra-conservative.

Archived