IGNORED

Making a covenant with "daddy". A lesson in what happens

Koala

That is really disturbing .. Comparing the bombing and a country that did nothing but happen to exist over oil that the big bully that is the US wants to a woman having contractions prior to giving birth?? What the fuck .. I hope thats on netflix

It's on Netflix Watch Instantly, I plan on watching it.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It's on Netflix Watch Instantly, I plan on watching it.

Awesome. I'll be watching this tonight after the minions finally go to sleep.

Bolding mine. Really? Do these people honestly make plans with the disclaimer that they may not make it due to possibly being raptured at some time in the not-too-distant future?

Awesome. I'll be watching this tonight after the minions finally go to sleep.

Godwin before the 10-minute mark - white European males are being put into the same position, due to feminists and gays, as the Jews were in Nazi Germany.

Did you know that? :roll:

And the bizarre family relationships break my heart, with parents reminding teens and young adults, who should be looking forward to their future, that it will all be over soon. :(

They are so deluded.

That was the most offensive piece of trash I've seen. Telling your children they won't live to drive a car?! "I don't think I'll hold a grandchild" What the fuck is wrong with you people?! And then the "We took out that ugly gold dome thing". They photoshop out the mosque and then fucking laugh about it?! WHAT THE FUCK?!?! I can't even begin to release my anger about this trash. Seriously. Just :angry-banghead: :angry-banghead: :angry-banghead:

The one girl was actually starting to cry when she talked about how she wants to get married and have a family. That was so heartbreaking. How can you teach your child that? What's the point in bothering to get an education then??

These people are the exact reason christians have such a bad rap. They are so rude and disrespectful. Especially when they are in Israel. No wonder the world thinks we're all assholes. Damn.

These people praise the wars?! They are so fucking callous. Never mind the dying children and innocent adults. "It's sweet". Yeah. Someone actually said that!!

These people are nothing more than fear mongers who are scaring children! I can't wait to see their reactions in ten, twenty, years when it DOESN'T happen. Fucking assholes.

That was the most offensive piece of trash I've seen. Telling your children they won't live to drive a car?! "I don't think I'll hold a grandchild" What the fuck is wrong with you people?! And then the "We took out that ugly gold dome thing". They photoshop out the mosque and then fucking laugh about it?! WHAT THE FUCK?!?! I can't even begin to release my anger about this trash. Seriously. Just :angry-banghead: :angry-banghead: :angry-banghead:

The one girl was actually starting to cry when she talked about how she wants to get married and have a family. That was so heartbreaking. How can you teach your child that? What's the point in bothering to get an education then??

These people are the exact reason christians have such a bad rap. They are so rude and disrespectful. Especially when they are in Israel. No wonder the world thinks we're all assholes. Damn.

These people praise the wars?! They are so fucking callous. Never mind the dying children and innocent adults. "It's sweet". Yeah. Someone actually said that!!

These people are nothing more than fear mongers who are scaring children! I can't wait to see their reactions in ten, twenty, years when it DOESN'T happen. Fucking assholes.

Watching this documentary I started longing for the Rapture. As in "GREAT, so just GO ALREADY".

I remember learning about the second coming in my religion classes as a kid, and I specifically remember being told by out teacher that it would NOT happen during our lifetimes. But then again, I'm an evil Catholic :twisted:

I remember learning about the second coming in my religion classes as a kid, and I specifically remember being told by out teacher that it would NOT happen during our lifetimes. But then again, I'm an evil Catholic :twisted:

Same here - fifteen years of Catholic school and nobody actually ever told me the Second Coming was supposed to be a real thing that could happen any moment. I feel so cheated!!1

Watching that documentary now. I really think some of these people are almost criminally psychotic. What sort of horrible way is that to raise your kids? How must a child feel when its parents tell it continually that it won't grow up, graduate, marry, have children?

And I really hope that douchebag that compared multiculturalism to Nazism falls and breaks a leg.

ETA: It's on YouTube, for those of us without Netflix. :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rA2j3OZ4wKU

Same here - fifteen years of Catholic school and nobody actually ever told me the Second Coming was supposed to be a real thing that could happen any moment. I feel so cheated!!1

Okay so I only had two years of full Catholic school before I went to public school and then had CCD classes, but I don't remember EVER hear about the rapture. Now maybe I just didn't care bc I hated those classes and found it all to be bullshit. But I really don't remember ever hearing about it.

I have a really awesome Jewish friend and I love discussing the bible with her bc she actually understands Torah. I remember making a comment about the book of revelations and then stopped "Oh you don't have that. You don't believe in any of that do you". She was just :shock: "Um no". She finds its really fucked up, too. I think pretty much everyone - outside of that small group - finds its fucked up.

22% of Americans think the world will end in their lifetime.

That's a bit selfish isn't it? Two thousand years he's been gone, but during your lifetime - YOUR LIFETIME - he's going to come back. You are just that fucking special that he's coming back during YOUR LIFETIME. How self-centered can you be?

Watching that documentary now. I really think some of these people are almost criminally psychotic. What sort of horrible way is that to raise your kids? How must a child feel when its parents tell it continually that it won't grow up, graduate, marry, have children?

There was an article, (NYTimes I think), that covered people believing in Harold Camping's End of the World/Rapture prediction in 2011 and how things went with their nonbelieving family including kids. There was one family where one parent quit the job, stopped retirement savings, both parents believed their kids would be left behind, kids thought parents were nuts. It was pretty sad, really even with the funny part with one child refusing to make her bed because it wasn't going to matter.

• 2 weeks later...

And here's the covenant ceremony itself.

stopandsmelltheroseshere.blogspot.co.uk/2012/07/my-covenant-ceremony.html

Daddy read his vows to me:

I will protect you from unqualified men.

I will teach you God's principles of life.

I will pray for you and for God's choice of your life partner.

I in turn, read my vows to daddy:

I will keep myself pure for my husband

I will obtain your blessing on my courtship

I will wait for your full release before entering into marriage.

We both signed it, and pastor witnessed and dated the document.

:o

I was raised that the rapture would happen before I grew up. I remember telling my mom once that all I wanted was to go to college, fall in love, and have a family and if God couldn't let the end of the world wait for that, then he was mean. I think I was 10 or so. Seriously, it was terrifying to believe that (esp because I was taught about the tribulation, and that it would happen before the rapture. What a great thing to tell your kids!

Archived