IGNORED

UK madness again!

unsafetydancer

So this has happened.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-39643804

She of the ugly leather trousers has decided that "the people of the UK must have their say" now, despite effectively being in power unelected since last summer. So we get a snap general election which no doubt will be used as a way to try and grab more power for herself and her wealthy friends so that they can continue to steal from us and lay the blame on disabled people and kids. So far the following things have happened:

The papers claim that the Tories will certainly win.

The papers claim the Tories will lose.

Jeremy Corbyn has said some stuff that I might get behind if I felt he would actually follow through on any of it.

Channel 4 have pointed out this is almost certainly a way to avoid charges for electoral fraud being brought against tory MPs in after the last election (this is almost certainly true).

UK based markets are scuppered by uncertainty (again).

Scotland are told we cannot hold our own vote on leaving this shitshow then 5 minutes later we are told it is important for "the people to have their say".

Various idiots of various kinds have said stupid things on national TV.

Nigel Farage has said he won't stand for election (possibly the one silver lining).

Theresa May has said she will not take part in any televised debates, despite the fact that she called an election and I guess plans to stand to be re elected as prime minister and has said a lot of things about letting everyone have their say. Does not seem to realise this makes her look a tad ridiculous.

If anything has convinced me to get my ass of this forsaken rock it has been the past year of politics.

I'm sorry. Politics has never been easy to digest but lately it's a nightmare. What seems absurd from abroad is that the oppositions are in conplete disarray and don't seem to be able to get their collective acts together in time for the election, despite all the shit tories went down with in the last year.

18 hours ago, unsafetydancer said:

If anything has convinced me to get my ass of this forsaken rock it has been the past year of politics.

Well, I don't advise you to move to the US of A now ruled by the Tangerine Terror.

Is there any hope that May has over-reached her hand and the opposition, or even a coalition government, could get in?  Or is getting my news from the Guardian and Independent making me far too optimistic?   

I'd like to see Brexit reversed and I don't see that there is "no turning back" if the Tories are ousted.

Do I have time time to get an ex-pat vote?

@laPapessaGiovanna spot on. Labour have proven time and time again that they stand for nothing and the Lib Dems have proven that they are power hungry and lack principles. I've been a member of the Greens for 2 years now and while I personally think we could achieve a lot we lack the budget of the 2 main parties. It would be great if people voted for things like an increase in the minimum wage and free education but I thin people are too swayed by the rubbish printed by our newspapers. Most of them have a massive bias toward keeping things as they are (low wages, low protections for employees and massive tax breaks for the wealthy) so print the usual rubbish about immigrants stealing your jobs.

Archived