IGNORED

Bontragers and Bowers Engaged

Bazinga

2 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

But those weren't two brothers marrying two sisters. I wonder if this is a first on FJ. 

I think the Buckinghams/ Hales did this?

• Replies 643
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Hortense Peyrac said:

Bontragers: Chelsy is 26 y old, Mitchell is 24 y old and Allison is 23 y old

Bowers: Charlie is near 21 y old (Carolina born in april 1995 is the older...)

Thanks. Maybe Charlie and Allison will match up. Charlie and Chelsey would probably have too much of an age gap. 

Since these families are friends with a lot of other fundie families, we can expect a lot of known fundies on FJ attending this double wedding. 

3 minutes ago, NachosFlandersStyle said:

I think the Buckinghams/ Hales did this?

Did they have a double wedding? I wasn't around FJ at the time. I know they have three interfamily marriages. Just like the smortons.

I predict there'll be at least three total Bontrager-Bowers marriages. Anyone know the names and rough ages of the Bowers kids other than Carolina and Cassidy? I know a few names (Crosby, Carver...) but not all of them. They don't have an 'About us' section on their blog.

18 minutes ago, Triplet3 said:

I predict there'll be at least three total Bontrager-Bowers marriages. Anyone know the names and rough ages of the Bowers kids other than Carolina and Cassidy? I know a few names (Crosby, Carver...) but not all of them. They don't have an 'About us' section on their blog.

There won't be anymore Bowers girls matching up for a long time since the only other Bowers sister is very young. Look for the Bowers Boys to be matching with a Bontrager girl. 

I think Charlie and Allison would make a very good looking couple. They need to hurry up and start courting so it can be a triple wedding :-p

I want to add that I think it's interesting that the 3 oldest Bontragers are single and #4 and #5 are getting married. 

Holy crap- was just coming by to share the *blessed* news. With such large families, I'm sure it's not entirely unheard of for children to marry off with the same family. But I will admit, it was odd to read.

BTW- what is with musical families never allowing their older daughters to marry? Or at least not get married until they are much older (for fundie standards). Got to keep that cash $$$ coming in to support the family.

8 hours ago, Triplet3 said:

Bontragers: Chelsy (b. 1991), Mitchell (b. 1992), Allison (b. 1994), Carson (b. 1995), Joshua (b. 1997), Denver (b. 1999), Lincoln (b. 2002), Elizabeth (b. 2003), Hudson (b. 2005) and Rebecca (b. 2007)

Bowers: Carolina (b. 1995), Cassidy, Charlie, Carver, Crockett, Christian, Chapman, Campbell, Crosby (plus two miscarriages Columbus and Courage) *I'm not sure I have the kids in birth order, I made some guesses

12 hours ago, Bazinga said:

BTW- what is with musical families never allowing their older daughters to marry? Or at least not get married until they are much older (for fundie standards). Got to keep that cash $$$ coming in to support the family.

Two words: sister mom

2 hours ago, Bazinga said:

Oh man... The Bontragers will just be the gift that keeps on giving this year. At least it's not another Bower sister. Is this are record? How many back to back engagements has a fundie family had?

http://bontragersingers.blogspot.com/2017/06/god-is-adding-another-daughter-to-our_2.html?m=1

Poor Chelsy-rella is going to spend the entire summer sewing bridesmaids/MOB/ringbearer dresses & making reception table decorations.

On 20/04/2017 at 11:39 AM, NachosFlandersStyle said:

I wonder if they plan on more courtships or maybe they want to combine the family bands? 

I have been wondering that as well! With so many of the older band members dropping out now, I wonder if the families will combine the remaining people into one? Touring the country ihr concert & film? - the only trouble is that I don't know if the "Daddies" will want to relinquish their "I'm the authority"-role for a joint partnership?

On 25/04/2017 at 6:12 AM, usedbicycle said:

The doc is alt-right conspiracy theory about moral decay taking over this country in an evil communist plot, I couldn't watch more than 5 minutes but some FJers might be braver than I am. 

I don't think I could stomach it either but hopefully someone out there will, and writes a funny review about it. (I think they actually made a second doco called AGENDA 2) ...

Does someone know how old all of these guys are? 

I can't determine their birth order or ages; for whatever reason Blogspot hasn't been working for me so I can't track it down. 

Did you see Bethella's list (a few posts up)? It lists all the kids of both families, and birth years (mainly for the Bontragers though, it isn't really known for most of the Bowers kids).

3 hours ago, FundieCentral said:

Does someone know how old all of these guys are? 

I can't determine their birth order or ages; for whatever reason Blogspot hasn't been working for me so I can't track it down. 

The Bontragers have a "bio" section on their website. It lists all their children and birthdays. Denver Bontrager is only 17.5 so he won't be getting engaged anytime soon. His three brothers older than him are the ones that are engaged. 

The Bowers family is a little bit younger so I think their only other child that is of marrying age is their oldest son who is in his early 20s. He's good looking and would be cute with Allison in my opinion. 

12 minutes ago, love2scrap said:

Holy crap, if you liked Allison's post about nurturing her brothers' manhood you're gonna find one of their humper's blogs similarly hilarious. Presenting a blog dedicated to fundie girls outnumbered by brothers.

https://theoutnumberedsister.com/blog/

*massive eyeroll*

Hahaha, yes, I've stumbled over this particular blog on my journey deep down the rabbit hole!

... to continue the discussion from over at the unmarried fundies race to the altar-thread (hope someone in power can move some of those posts over here): wow, after @Lurky's comment on the political campaigning post where the youngest sister prayed for a husband for the second oldest, Allison, and named choices amongst their acquaintances - wow wow wow! It just goes to show that finding a husband is THE goal, and a constant worry - so much that a six- or seven-year old feels she has to pray for her early twenties sister because she hasn't reeled in a husband (clearly doomed for old maid-hood).

that came across in the recent instagram post I mentioned somewhere as well - everyone was supposed to vote who they thought was the latest Bontrager to get engaged, and one of the commenters said she hoped and prayed it was either Chelsy or Allison, as they had so faithfully waited for husbands for so long.

ugh. I do feel sorry for them when I read comments like that. (So potentially the comment hinting at romance for Chelsy could have been deleted because painful because not true?)

Also, side note - had to reread that campaigning post as I'd only skimmed over it as particularly obnoxious. But I'm still confused by this family campaigning thing. So basically they either went knocking on doors of complete strangers, or rang up random people (really just anyone??) to convince people to vote for their candidate?? Really?? I would not react favourably if an indoctrinated child rang me up randomly to tell me who to vote for ...

20 minutes ago, BirdgirlH said:

Also, side note - had to reread that campaigning post as I'd only skimmed over it as particularly obnoxious. But I'm still confused by this family campaigning thing. So basically they either went knocking on doors of complete strangers, or rang up random people (really just anyone??) to convince people to vote for their candidate?? Really?? I would not react favourably if an indoctrinated child rang me up randomly to tell me who to vote for ...

I would tell the kid I was voting for themjust to get them off the phone and then vote for the other candidate. 

4 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I would tell the kid I was voting for themjust to get them off the phone and then vote for the other candidate. 

I bet that's what many people did! :D

The bowers became my second-favourite fundie-study (after the Bontragers). As someone mentioned, they're carbon copies of each other! 

I don't want this to become a meat/no meat discussion - I have only recently become a vegetarian and totally respect people who hunt/fish/raise animals in a humane way and use as much of them as possible (I ate chicken feet and sheep testicles when I still ate meat), BUT there is such a disconnect between the sweet/funny posts the bowers girls blog (lots of "ha!", lots of =), lots of keeping sweet. It's such a contrast to some of the things they post, and they don't even realise!! One of their meal pics had, I think, bacon, and the caption was "it's not a (real) meal unless something gave its life" (WTF). Also, another pic showed a small bird of prey on the mailbox, and  was a mentioned that the boys got their BB gun out and had  to be reminded of city limits and traffic. That's literally the only concern? Nothing about randomly wanting to kill an animal (without planning to eat it) that would be concerning? (Like, what psychopaths as kids do ...) I also find their cheerful posts about squashed mice in traps (with pic evidence) chilling. Like, don't pretend you're all sweet and loving and all about kale and nature walks and sweetness and then be so callous in many respects. Like i said it's not about being a vegetarian or a meat-eater, but don't pretend you're  all sweet and caring when really, you're not!

4 hours ago, BirdgirlH said:

Also, side note - had to reread that campaigning post as I'd only skimmed over it as particularly obnoxious. But I'm still confused by this family campaigning thing. So basically they either went knocking on doors of complete strangers, or rang up random people (really just anyone??) to convince people to vote for their candidate??

Which post is this? They really weren't doing this through the Cruz campaign, just calling numbers out of the phone book? Because for how proud they are of being a "campaign family"... that's not how campaigning works. You gotta talk to targeted voters and the types of conversations are very specific. Otherwise it's a pretty serious waste of time, and they'd be better off doing data entry or licking envelopes. (I say this as someone who's trudged around in Iowa winters knocking on doors that last 3 or 4 caucus seasons-- no way in hell I'd do it if I weren't working with staff who I trusted to devise an effective canvass!)

Which post is this? They really weren't doing this through the Cruz campaign, just calling numbers out of the phone book?

Still unsure whether it's allowed to post direct links. If you go on the bontragersingers blog and search for "Our Family Recap From The Cruz Campaign Trail" from last July you'll find one of the posts, but Chelsy has also written about it on her blog (title is "you know you're a campaigning family if" or Sth like it)

It does sound like they were doing it through the official Cruz campaign though, as they were using an app coordinating all volunteers!

There's a new blog up 'from Allison'. She mentions tough decisions she had to make in May, and the conspirator in me wonders if that's to do with a boy. A la Jessica Boyers failed courtship. I have nothing to base this on though, just a feeling. But I really wonder how it's all going to go now with the family, all the older boys dropping out/marrying. Will the family continue touring? Will the daughters find the godly husbands they've been waiting for so long??

9 hours ago, BirdgirlH said:

Still unsure whether it's allowed to post direct links.

Links to public blogs are absolutely fine.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived