IGNORED

Sims 4 Duggar Legacy

raw

Here's Christopher (in blue) 'chatting' to his brother William (green). William only recently aged up. Margaret is preggers again!

The other picture is Margaret post sweet fellowship. I can't remember whether she'd found out she was preggers or not.

02-01-17_6-54-57 AM.png

02-01-17_6-33-35 AM.png

• Upvote 1

Marjory is about 5 minutes pregnant with her first sprog here and "needs" to take it easy already. Reminds me of someone, lol.

Screen Shot 01-23-17 at 06.37 AM.PNG

• Haha 1

I have two Sims2 fundie neighborhoods. One bored me. Another one was supper fun. I made challenge-style rules for it. My three fundie couples fought each other - winners were suppose to become "the Royal Family" and lead the entire cult. Their challenges were called "Bread your cult" (who will reach that magical number of 20 offsprings first), "convert your cult" (something about befriending townies and moving them in as leghumper families) and another one I can't remember. I think it had something to do with getting a TV show. 
Grifters, Whiners and Schedulers were fighting for the status for a while and were doing pretty well. Then their lives turned upside down. Amy Scheduler died after giving birth to second set of twins, and her husband was left alone with two toddlers and two babies. He survived. And even found somene he thought may become his second wife, but she turned him down (plus she turned out to be an army general). Stephen Whiner opened a modest clothing shop, but fell in love with one of his male employees. I know they ended up living in newly build apartment complex and making friends with Scheduler's almost-second-wife, but I can't remember, what happened to the Whiner wife. They had two children, and one was named Knight. Grifters had it easier, they were just broke because father refused to get a job and spend his days digging in yard. They had two daughters and another one in a way, when I left the neighborhood. 
Maybe I should play it again. 

• Upvote 4

Christopher just aged up to a child. Margaret had a girl, Melissa. She had this weird craving for strawberries throughout her pregnancy... hmm. 

• Upvote 1

Ugh. I'll have to play my duggar family again tonight. I kinda want to pick one of the kids and do a second generation. Maybe go with an e theme...

• Upvote 2

Boo. Hiss. Game froze. Well, time was still going, but the family were just stuck. So I had to restart. Margaret is now only just in her second trimester and Christopher is back to being a toddler. Fucking freezing! So bloody irritating! I should've saved after Melissa was born but oh well...

So, in the restarted game, Margaret has just had twins Kimberley and Lisa. Double the blessings! And two helpmeets to do all the housework for Mommy.

Me again! William is a child now. Kimberley and Lisa are toddlers. They're dressed identically, although Kimberley's outfits are pink and Lisa's are lilac/purple. Naturally, Margaret is pregnant again. I got the Fertile reward for both Margaret and Mark so maybe they'll get twins again. I figure that giving them the Fertile reward is one from God to reward them. And since I AM God in is game I can do whatever I want! Bwaahahaaa!

• Upvote 2

Seeing how much baby #2 Seewald looks like his big brother is reminding me of the first born syndrome glitch from sims 2 :lol:

• Upvote 2

• 2 weeks later...

OK.

I posted back on February 1st that my game had frozen after Margaret had a baby, Melissa. 

On Wednesday (15th), I was playing again. I'd decided to move the family to a new lot, where I built them a nice house. Margaret was pregnant with blessing #6. It was a girl, and I again named it Melissa. (I use the Pickit app to choose names, where you can create categories and input choices, e.g I have a 70s girl names category and a 70s boy name one, and when a baby is born I press randomise and it comes up with a name. I then delete that choice, but re-added Melissa after the first crash). 

THE GAME FUCKING CRASHED. AGAIN. TWO WEEKS AFTER THE FIRST ONE AND AGAIN WITH A BABY NAMED MELISSA! Pure coincidence but really odd!! Christopher had aged up to a teen- he'd come home in the middle of the day and just *poof* aged up. All lost. Margaret was still pregnant last time I saved. Maybe once blessing #6 is born again I'll save again!

This brings me to blessing #5: Brian. As I've said before, I usually give each of my child Sims (and, let's face it, the adults too) a specific colour, so all their outfits are based around that colour. Chris is blue, William is green, Kimberley is pink, Lisa is lilac, and Brian is yellow. (I'd even planned that Melissa would be red).

Here's a photo I'd taken of the whole family bar William. As I've said before, I got the skirt from Mod The Sims. I usually put leggings underneath b/c modesty. 

02-06-17_4-50-15 AM.png

Ugh. I've been having issues in another save game with my toddler, whose hair kept changing colour. It was meant to be red like his parents but in CAS when I was changing outfits it kept going to brown, then when I did the edit in full CAS mode cheat it turned blond when I exited! So, I removed the CC and restarted. Hopefully Ollie's hair will stay red now... but it also means that Kim and Lisa are no longer in their modest skirts. I changed it so that they were wearing those layered ones- they end above the knee but they're the longest ones. Maybe it can be "circumstances beyond their control" and God is OK with  for now, they can wear the maxi skirts when they're teens.

Oh em gee. I just switched back over to Sims 4 to try toddlers after an extended vacay in Sims 3 land. They are really hard but also much more dynamic and realistic than earlier iterations. My fundies are never going to sleep again. (Well, until they finally have some daughters.)

• Upvote 2

Got a question about Sims 3.  My dd thinks she might have a transgendered Sim!  She thought he was a boy named Luke, but the last two times he aged up all his clothes and hair styles switched to girl stuff! The first time the switch happened was when he aged up from a toddler to a child.  

dd thought it was odd, especially since you're not supposed to be able to get girl clothes for boys unless you get Custom Content (I hope you all know what I'm talking about, because I'm just reporting this stuff, I don't play the game myself.)  dd changed everything back to boy stuff and everything continued as normal.

Anyway, Luke just aged from a child to a teen and now his hair is a girls style, and all his clothes are girls clothes.  Is Luke trying to tell dd something?

Has happened to anyone else or is her game just glitching?

Her game is probably glitching, as Sims 3 is known to do, but she can interpret it the way she likes. Part of the fun is working all these small things into storytelling. 

• Upvote 5

• 3 weeks later...

Reynolds Generation #3 has begun! Christopher had a courtship with Christine- even managed to save the first kiss for the wedding- and Christine recently gave birth to baby Zara. I thought of doing the alphabet in reverse. 

The one annoying thing in Sims 4 is that women do not age whilst pregnant, and as Margaret had six kids husband Mark aged to Elder way before she did. I bought Mark a Potion of Youth, so when Margaret becomes an Elder I'll get Mark to consume the potion so that he goes back to the start of Elderhood. 

• Upvote 1

Well Mark died. And Margaret isn't even an Elder. She adopted a kid, Martha. Maybe I'll get her married again when she's an Elder? I did also get her a job (sh!) because Brian and Melissa are only teens. I moved William, Kimberley and Lisa out to a place where they all live together so they can be accountable for one another. 

Zara is now a toddler. Next kid will be Y... Hope it's a girl, boy names with Y aren't that great. At least with a girl I can use Yasmin. I'll skip X because fuck it, too hard.

• Upvote 1

X!  Xaqurie (straight from the Miss Raquel thread and her nanowrimo incomplete novel).  I once worked with a Xan (pronounced Zan).

I just got / built a new computer. I'm still making sure all my saves transferred properly, but I think the Sutton's will be first on my list to play once my game is up an running again.

16 hours ago, mango_fandango said:

Well Mark died. And Margaret isn't even an Elder. She adopted a kid, Martha. Maybe I'll get her married again when she's an Elder? I did also get her a job (sh!) because Brian and Melissa are only teens. I moved William, Kimberley and Lisa out to a place where they all live together so they can be accountable for one another. 

Zara is now a toddler. Next kid will be Y... Hope it's a girl, boy names with Y aren't that great. At least with a girl I can use Yasmin. I'll skip X because fuck it, too hard.

You could always go with sentences a la heistheway. How about zerotoleranceforsin and yourhearbelongstojesus?

12 minutes ago, TuringMachine said:

I just got / built a new computer. I'm still making sure all my saves transferred properly, but I think the Sutton's will be first on my list to play once my game is up an running again.

You could always go with sentences a la heistheway. How about zerotoleranceforsin and yourhearbelongstojesus?

Oh wait you need an x. Hmm...

Edited by TuringMachine
double quoted on accident

Christine got pregnant again, I was playing with another family, came back to find that she'd given birth to twins! They had names that didn't fit the theme (Brynn for the girl and Vasyl (wtf???) for the boy) so changed them- the girl is now Yasmin and the boy is Xander. 

• 2 weeks later...

Not a huge amount has happened in the Reynolds Generation 2 household. There are now 5 kids: Zara, Yasmin, Xander, Will and Vincent. They adopted baby Ursula but she got taken away due to neglect. I think that's the first time it's ever happened to me through my years of playing Sims. Well, it has happened to me before, but I was kinda playing so that would happen (for some weird storyline I made up, where a married couple had kids but kept them in appalling conditions so they'd be adopted. This was Sims 2.)

Here are some photos of Christine, Zara and Vincent. Zara, Yasmin and Xander are teens and Will is a child. I swear Christine was thinner than that. Must be the multiple pregnancies....

03-29-17_5-10-07 PM.png

03-28-17_11-05-01 PM.png

03-29-17_5-12-51 PM.png

I'm gonna have to try making fundie sims again now that Sims 4 has toddlers. Should be more fun and challenging! 

• 2 weeks later...

Since creating fundie families is currently my favorite Sims 4 past time, I have created a Tumblr blog, for my newest fundie Sim family, the Freedmans. It's called The Freedman's Life, if you'd like to check it out. Here are the newlyweds, Zach and Lauryn.

04-09-17_11-47-31 PM.png

I searched quiverfull sims and got so excited when FJ was in the search results! I've been lurking this thread and I love it, I've been playing sims for years and decided to start a quiverfull legacy in the sims 3 today. Hopefully I don't lose interest really fast. 

I've really enjoyed reading abt all of your sims :my_smile:

• Upvote 1

Here's Zach and Lauryn having dinner with their first blessing, Pearl! (Of course, blessing #2 is on the way). I've decided to go with gemstone/nature names. So far I have Pearl, Ruby, and Sterling. Feel free to suggest names.

04-20-17_6-09-53 PM.png