IGNORED

Littlest Pecan Thief: Priscilla & David Waller's Baby

happy atheist

:clap: You're cool in my book. Well played! You have the fundy language and SOTDRT grammar down really well. I'm impressed.

Thanks I did the spelling errors to look genuine, you know looking like an uneducated help meet who has been under the thumb for 5 years is no threat to their godliness.

• Replies 884
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It seems like roughly 95% of the comments they get are written by subliterate folks. Same situation on the 19 Kids Facebook fan page. Sometimes it's funny, but mostly it's appalling.

At the rate, Pris really might give birth before Esther! I hope that they are considering a hospital birth since so many fundie births seem to involve shady or poorly trained midwives...

At the rate, Pris really might give birth before Esther! I hope that they are considering a hospital birth since so many fundie births seem to involve shady or poorly trained midwives...

They could just call Smuggar and co for their birthing plan - men nap while women birth on the shitter. I can see Smugs and Boob trying to finangle TLC into a special where Jill stands by and watches it.

Can you imagine how scary that must be? Hey, you're carrying our first child, let's televise it and do it in the bathroom while your brother in law and sister watch!

My bet is on them having the babies on the same day. I think it would be really cool to have cousins so close in age.

Then again, little Pecan is going to be a boy and Sophia will be a girl, so they won't be friends. Never mind. :roll:

Can you imagine how scary that must be? Hey, you're carrying our first child, let's televise it and do it in the bathroom while your brother in law and sister watch!

The thing that scares me the most is that even if she doesn't want a circus birth, Pris may feel powerless to say no. She's been taught from birth that her father had her best interests in mind and was the ultimate in wise protectors, never to be questioned and that one day he would pass her off to a new, all powerful male in the form of a husband. No matter how she feels about "their" birth plan, she may feel as though it is a sin to offer a dissenting opinion or to put her preferences for HER body first because David is supposed to lead...

The thing that scares me the most is that even if she doesn't want a circus birth, Pris may feel powerless to say no.

I think she does whatever David tells her to do, probably with the same cheerful obedience expected of children. He (or they) were willing to cooperate with the Duggars and TLC for the wedding episode, which certainly had some interesting moments, so I don't see why they'd say no to a birthing episode...especially if they're 'encouraged'. Anyone know about what TLC might have paid them for the wedding episode?

Unless something has changed, you can't have a home birth with a midwife in illinois, at least legally. You have to have a physician, and there is only one practice in the chicago area that does it.

New post up, somewhat misleadingly titled "Winter Baby!" The baby has not arrived. But they did a snowy photoshoot yesterday.

Unless something has changed, you can't have a home birth with a midwife in illinois, at least legally. You have to have a physician, and there is only one practice in the chicago area that does it.

Interesting. Live in IL and worked with a woman who homebirthed her second child with a midwife. But that was in late '90s so there probably wasn't a law on the books back then but I don't know for sure.

Okay apart from a couple of the kissing photos (I'm not a fan of PDA) I actually quite like the photos of them in the snow :oops: They do look really happy and in love - I really hope they are truly happy together and it's not just a front because very soon it won't just be about them anymore.

Buzzard, I think we're having similar thoughts about that photo!

Do you imagine him uttering a terrified, squeaky yelp when pelted with a snowball?

So... yeah...

post-2844-14451997235625_thumb.jpg

:gay-rainbow: :orcs-gayflag: :gay-rainbow: :orcs-gayflag: :gay-rainbow: :orcs-gayflag: :gay-rainbow:

I'm surprised no one has yet mentioned that the Duggar's favorite song made an appearance in Davey's snow post:

Nothing But the Blood of Jesus:

What can wash away my sin? Nothing but the blood of Jesus;

What can make me whole again? Nothing but the blood of Jesus.

Refrain:

Oh! precious is the flow that makes me white as snow;

No other fount I know, nothing but the blood of Jesus.

Also, how come snow can't just be beautiful? Now it is Jesus' covering for sins? Jeez!

David, who was "born up in Minnesota" according to his latest post, has fabulous hands.

As a kid, I was always repelled/fascinated by all the hymns about the blood of Jesus.

Now I must excuse myself and go to the ladies room, because its that time of the month and "Oh! precious is the flow that makes me white as snow;" : )

Buzzard, I think we're having similar thoughts about that photo!

Do you imagine him uttering a terrified, squeaky yelp when pelted with a snowball?

I also hear giggling. Like Anderson Cooper style giggling...

Yesterday, it did not just flurry a bit, it SNOWED. So, why not have some fun. Libby Zellon was one of our photographers for our wedding and a few weeks ago she offered to shoot some more before the baby came. After a quick call, she came over and shot a bunch of pictures beautifully framed by the snow laden trees and with the huge snow flakes wafting down. Here are a bunch of fun shots. Priscilla is from Florida and is not used to snow and this was the most she has ever been in in her life. David enjoys snow having been born up in Minnesota. Snow is so much fun, but more than that it is a beautiful picture of Christ’s covering our sins. He states, “though your sins be as scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they be red like crimson, they shall be as wool†(Isaiah 1:18). The wool mentioned goes along nice with our baby room theme. I love how this song clearly shares what Jesus has done for us:

Nothing But the Blood of Jesus:

What can wash away my sin? Nothing but the blood of Jesus;

What can make me whole again? Nothing but the blood of Jesus.

Refrain:

Oh! precious is the flow that makes me white as snow;

No other fount I know, nothing but the blood of Jesus.

Hey david, are you writing in the first or third person? Please pick one. Also, "wafting?" No fundamentalist male would be caught dead writing "wafting" to describe snow!

post-315-14451997235735_thumb.jpg

The colors are SO perfectly matched, they're almost a set. Is there a website I am unaware of that sells matchy matchy pukey maternity clothes for fundies? If not, he's got a DAMN good eye.

The pictures are quite nice, except for all the PDA. WHY do they think anyone wants to see that?? Priscilla looks cute in her jean skirt and cute scarf. Trendier than she normally dresses.

I was wondering how long it took them to find a matching shirt for him and scarf for her. The maternity denim skirt is not so hard to find.

Hey david, are you writing in the first or third person? Please pick one. Also, "wafting?" No fundamentalist male would be caught dead writing "wafting" to describe snow!

post-3586-14451997235936_thumb.jpg

The colors are SO perfectly matched, they're almost a set. Is there a website I am unaware of that sells matchy matchy pukey maternity clothes for fundies? If not, he's got a DAMN good eye.

I'm pretty sure he's got a damn good eye. I'm also pretty sure he'd have a specific answer for what shade of blue to call that shirt/scarf. It goes well with their almost identical countenances. Lol wafting. That is one word this heathen woman wouldn't even use to describe snowflakes.

I'm pretty sure he's got a damn good eye. I'm also pretty sure he'd have a specific answer for what shade of blue to call that shirt/scarf. It goes well with their almost identical countenances. Lol wafting. That is one word this heathen woman wouldn't even use to describe snowflakes.

And caps it all off with a bloody blood song. :doh:

Archived