IGNORED

Well this is Michael pearls secret Plus most fundies I guess

doggie

I think it's interesting that they exclude anything that left marks. I get that they are trying to distinguish between "spanking" and "abuse", but in my experience as a child spanking always left bruises, sometimes bad ones. I think people underestimate what parents consider a "spanking". For the record I was spanked often and severely as a kid and I do suffer a lot of emotional issues--depression, anger, guilt, eating disorders, etc. I can never erase my memories of those beatings ("spankings").

Actually I think it is good that they did. Because they show even normal spanking can cause problems. It would be best to have a study for both of course.

I was spanked as a child, only a few times, but I have been diagnosed with a mental illness though so it is possible that played a part.

What I meant to say is that what many consider "normal" spanking leaves bruises. My parents aren't fundies, more fundie-light/contemporary xtian in my childhood, more mainstream now. And their "spanking" left major bruises, although most "normal" people near my parents spanked the same way. So I don't think they should have excluded it because they leave out many people who were "spanked" and had it leave bruises--even though it was accepted as a normal spanking to the parents, children, and community. Even though I was spanked my responses wouldn't have counted because of bruising and I think they should.

Archived