IGNORED

Pure4Him-Real Woman

dairyfreelife

Maybe it's just my mood today (or perhaps my evil atheist mind) but there is something so perverse about the phrase "Pure4Him" - it just reeks of fetish.

:lol: I thought the same thing.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
[May be slightly NSFW. It really depends on how your workplace feels about phrases like "boobular." ^_^]

TOM SERVO: "Say, fellas, there sure is a lot of female body-shaming in this blog!"

MIKE NELSON: "There sure is."

CROW T. ROBOT: "I'd tell her all about the sheer amount of variety and attractiveness in all types of female forms, but I just can't come up with a word to describe it."

TOM SERVO: "Well, I can!"

MIKE NELSON: "You can?"

TOM SERVO: "Why, sure!"

_ePusmtf1IQ

:lol: Where did you find this?

Edited to make the quotes work

[May be slightly NSFW. It really depends on how your workplace feels about phrases like "boobular." ^_^]

TOM SERVO: (snip)

I lovelovelove MST3K!

I know I can't begin to top a clip from MST3K, but there's a link I'd wanted to post demonstrating that no, our cleavage does not all look the same: http://www.007b.com/breast_gallery.php

Women's breasts come in all shapes and sizes and this gallery demonstrates this so beautifully.

A previous poster asked about how the fundies deal with infertility if all the value of a woman is in her fecundity. I don't know. But I have read that the woman who helped start the quiverfull movement experienced severe depression to the point she became suicidal after she developed uterine cancer. Would provide a link where I read this, but I can't find it any longer.

This is off-topic-ish, but all this "real woman" nonsense reminds me that I was irritated, several years ago (before I had FJ to vent to), when Anna T made a snarky remark about the blog "True Womanhood" having a presumptuous title, but she apparently had no problem with Crystal Paine calling HER blog "Biblical Womanhood." (Anna T was annoyed that the TW women had the nerve to suggest that homemaking wasn't such a big deal as to require a 10-year dedicated apprenticeship.)

I know I can't begin to top a clip from MST3K, but there's a link I'd wanted to post demonstrating that no, our cleavage does not all look the same: http://www.007b.com/breast_gallery.php

I'm glad someone made that -- I was about to. And yes, my 36G cleavage does not look like anyone else's (but I would LOVE to go to normal sizes again :(( ) For all you other lovely Gs, where the heck do you get bras? I'm stuck in 38/40 DDs doing my best not to look weird.

I'm glad someone made that -- I was about to. And yes, my 36G cleavage does not look like anyone else's (but I would LOVE to go to normal sizes again :(( ) For all you other lovely Gs, where the heck do you get bras? I'm stuck in 38/40 DDs doing my best not to look weird.

OMG, the store I get my pants at did something completely awesome. They started stocking G and H sized bras for the same price as all the other bras so I can get them 2 for, like, $80.

http://www.1-plus.com/on/demandware.sto ... Show?id=AE Addition Elle, the ship to the US too. I love their bras. They only go down to 38 though.

i get my jumbo bras at Layne Bryant. they carry a lot in store and even more online.

The dove, is a cultural symbol, she seems to forget about that idea. Christian, yes, but isn't there another bird that represents Christianity? I'm almost certain there is.

There may be another, but in the Middle Ages, Christ was often depicted as a pelican. They also believed that the pelican would pierce its breast to feed its young. There was also a white bird called the caladrius, which could sometimes draw sickness from an ill person (if it looked at you you would live, and if it turned away, you would die), and carry the disease up to the sun to be destroyed. The caladrius also represented Christ, being pure white without a trace of the blackness of sin.

I'm a 30G, so I have to find somewhere with small bands as well as big cups, which is fortunately easier in Britain than it is in North America, and there are a few British websites with a good selection. I get most of mine from brastop.com. I've heard good things about figleaves.com and have gotten a few in-store at Debenhams. Bravissimo is also good, but a bit more expensive (£25+).

While the dove as the symbol of the holy spirit is certainly very important, many other animals have found their way in, apart from the already mentioned pelican, for example

Lion: Symbolizing danger (of sin) as well as Christ himself (Revelation, where Christ is a lamb and a lion at the same time, slightly confusing, the lion here fills the traditional symbolic role of supreme ruler).

Lamb: Well, as said above, Christ. Has its roots in the OT, where lambs are often sacrificed, especially notable in Exodus.

Interestingly enough, the stag, prominent in the OT, hasn't made it into the NT, but the church fathers do use the stag as a symbol for Christ, too (Hippolyt from Rome, for example).

The unicorn might, in literature, not in the bible, also be used. Some bible translations of the OT (the Septuagint and old Latin ones) have the "unicorn" n it, but that's a mistranslation from Hebrew.

And the eagle, notably in the work of St. Ambrose, after that, spreading further and further.

The phoenix could be used to symbolize the resurrection and St. Augustine saw roasted fish as a symbol for the suffering of Chrst, and the fish was a symbol for early Christans to identify with (Ichthys, the Greek word for fish, standing for Jesus Christ, soon of God).

It's weird to me.

I never managed to work out if I was transgender or not (I feel like a bloke a lot and like a woman some days) but I'm happy with how I am and I don't mind a wee bit of confusion. After all, it causes me no problems. I don't want to do anything like a sex change, I will deal with what I have. It seems to be working out alright.

in the Middle Ages, Christ was often depicted as a pelican

:shock: Learn somethin new every day..

Check out the "Did You Know?" page. When I see that question, I expect to be greeted with mildly interesting factoids ("Did you know flies taste with their feet?"), not harsh judgements:

JXoyB.jpg

JXoyB.jpg

And this is why forums need a "like" button! It's funny because it's true! ...and then it's not so funny... :c

It's weird to me.

I never managed to work out if I was transgender or not (I feel like a bloke a lot and like a woman some days) but I'm happy with how I am and I don't mind a wee bit of confusion. After all, it causes me no problems. I don't want to do anything like a sex change, I will deal with what I have. It seems to be working out alright.

You know know how I feel sometimes JFC? Like I want to become a man, so can then become a crossdresser.

Archived