IGNORED

Eat frog legs and adopt a special needs child...or two

Koala

...the fuck???

Just when I think this chic can't get any crazier she goes and posts some shit like this:

http://lorialexander.blogspot.com/2012/06/keeping-children-productive.html#idc-container

Is this why there has been a surge in fundie adoptions lately? Seriously?

Fail Lori. You don't adopt a special needs child to keep your kids busy. They're children, not projects. :angry-cussingblack:

That whole "most people lived on a farm" thing gets me every TIME. While my people have almost always lived on a farm, who the heck does she think ran the grocery, livery, bank, hotels, railroads, feed stores, schools, hospitals, etc. In my county (smack in the middle of Illinois) there have always ALWAYS been more people living in the towns and villages than the country!

Well, isn't that going to go over well for the homestudy.

"Tell me why you want to adopt a special needs child?"

"Cause I want to keep my children busy."

Yeah, don't see that one passing muster. I've never heard of anyone adopting for that reason, thankfully. I've only ever used reputable non-profit adoption agencies. The vetting process for special needs adoption for us was insane compared to the process for normal adoptions.

I wanted to reply but don't want to give my e-mail addy. This is what I wanted to say but didn't, maybe one of you could tweak it and post if you have a dummy account.

"If you don't have a new baby soon or a gramma to tend, adopt a special-needs child or two."

I'm sorry but babies, grandparents and special needs children are not projects to teach others. They are real people who deserve respect and love for just being them. Adopting a special needs child or two will remove all spare time and even most of all time for the care giver. You will not be able to meet the demands of "normal" children and of the special needs child if you are going into it with this train of thought. These are human beings, made by God. They are not teaching tools or projects for the bored or selfish. Get a pet rock in that case or offer help to a senior neighbor or senior home. But for the love God do not adopt a child to teach your other children.

LPL, great points, but she approves comments before they are posted and while I have a bunch of throw away email addresses she is not going to post that!!

This sounds like some good practical advice to me. Children have way too much free time on their hands today and a strong sense of entitlement.

Most children today dont have enough free time. All of their time is structured. They need more free play. They need to be told no, I am not going to get you that toy just because everyone else has it. I hate the generalization that most children today feel entititled. Some do, and thats their parents fault. Other children are well behaived. They may have their moments but all children do. They are testing their boundries. It perfecterally normal part of developlemt. If a parent is consistent then the child will learn to behaive.

Does Lori know any families that special needs children? That comment was fucked up. My boyfriend's mom is an retired occupational therapist and has worked with some disabled children and I'm friends with a family that has an 7 year old daughter with cerebral palsy. Special needs children aren't projects for their siblings. Yes, the siblings can learn certain things from them and they can help them out, but they aren't supposed to be full time care takers. Dealing with a special needs child can be difficult for the whole family, there are times that some of the siblings can resent the special needs siblings for different reasons. Lori's suggestion isn't well thought out.

If you don't want the precious baby to grow up to be into materialism, drugs, sex, violence, or crime - do something! Rip the TV out by the roots. Throw it "over the hill".

Lori, television isn't responsible for all the shit kids do in the world. Before television became mainstream, teenagers were committing crimes and having sex.

I wanted to reply but don't want to give my e-mail addy. This is what I wanted to say but didn't, maybe one of you could tweak it and post if you have a dummy account.

Ladypuglover, do you know that I love you? As the grandma-to-be of a little girl one of my daughters and her husband are adopting from China, you said that so beautifully!

Ladypuglover, do you know that I love you? As the grandma-to-be of a little girl one of my daughters and her husband are adopting from China, you said that so beautifully!

:oops: :D I love you too Penny and I hope you post pics of your new grandchild. I bet she is a beauty and will be so loved.

...the fuck???

Just when I think this chic can't get any crazier she goes and posts some shit like this:

http://lorialexander.blogspot.com/2012/ ... -container

Is this why there has been a surge in fundie adoptions lately? Seriously?

Fail Lori. You don't adopt a special needs child to keep your kids busy. They're children, not projects. :angry-cussingblack:

Lori wasn't the original author of the adopt a special needs child or two comment, it was someone named Mary Rice Somerville

Lori wasn't the original author of the adopt a special needs child or two comment, it was someone named Mary Rice Somerville

I just noticed that. Mary Rice Somerville is a moron with some of the stuff she is suggested. I can see Lori agreeing with that stuff. She

Here's a way to keep your kids occupied: send them to school and extra-curricular activities. As a child/teen, I was plenty busy between school, homework, sports, choir and piano lessons. On Mondays one semester I was out of the house from 6:30 in the morning until after 7 in the evening. Of course, I still had time to sit about reading books, which Lori might not approve of, but IMO reading is an edifying and relaxing pastime, and therefore exceedingly worthwhile.

Plant a big garden to give him blisters. Teach him how to cut firewood, then use it. Don't wait until it's too late to mend spoiled brats. Catch them quick, while they are young and tender, and sock it to them! Get beehives, rear chickens, make pies to sell to the neighbors, hunt frogs and eat the legs, or do some serious fishing

And forcing your kids to do all this is going to make them better human beings? Or maybe it's just going to put them off gardening and raising animals for life?

I have a big garden and we raise chickens. I love it. Sometimes my kids like to help out - other times they prefer to draw, or play on the Wii, or do a million other things that exercise their bodies and brains. It really pisses me off that these soul-saving types always bring up physical agricultural labouring as the magic bullet that's going to mould kids' characters. I strongly suspect it is due to a rose-tinted view of 'the good ol' days' when everyone lived off the land, spent their spare time going to church, lacked basic education, died from preventable diseases or in childbirth etc.

Archived