IGNORED

Fundie tours anyone?

genericJname

ADVANCED EVANGELISM IS A COURSE!

This course is a continuation of PT 111. Building upon the introductory knowledge gained in Personal Evangelism, students are taught how to share the Gospel with those from a more difficult background. Emphasis is also placed on how to organize a local church soul winning program effectively. This course can be substituted for YM 113 Event Evangelism.

lol forever.

Didn't the Catholic Diocese of Orange County buy the Crystal Cathedral after they went into financial trouble? Perhaps it was some other large church compound.

Those of us in the Northwest have quite a fundie fest all around our liberal little enclaves I could drive over to Miss Raquel's and maybe spend an afternoon writing some fictionals. Except, I won't; she'd annoy me.

Down here you can't swing a cat without hitting a fundy of some kind, but we do have our share in Boregonia and the PNW.

If you come to my little corner of California we could all go tour the West Coast Baptist College. http://wcbc.edu/

Their "campus" is just east of town. If you go look at their website they have a very lengthy article about why they do not seek state accreditation.

Be careful if you go to this website - I was just looking at it and clicking on different pages, and I received a pop-up warning from my McAfee virus software that it had found a trojan virus on that page (McAfee deleted it for me). I guess that they don't know how to keep their site virus-free...

WCBC is weird, but I know some people who go to the church, they are nice but I don't like there politics. I do think they have flucuated on their Fundism. I heard stories of them "spanking" a kid on the altar during a service when they were a tiny church, now they areheading towards mega-church I hear less weird stuff. But the kids going to school there are weird. Like heading down the kool-aide full fledge fundie trail. Overall the place is filled with wankers, and a really creepy feeling of wrongness around the place.

Please do! I for one would be really interested to read anything you can tell us about them.

I for two!

Down here you can't swing a cat without hitting a fundy of some kind, but we do have our share in Boregonia and the PNW.

Hint, hint, Titus 2 Mentoress. Educational road trip?

The Fj bus could visit here. We can swing past the Maxwells, drive circles around the WBC compound, and then get some frugal tips from Biblical Womanhood herself. Hell, we might even see the Phelps family out and about! If you would also like a quick trip past the cap building, I bet good old' Sam and Kris would be happy to talk to a big group of FJers.

Just looked at the WCBC course descriptions... THIS SHIT IS INSANE. I seriously wondered if it was a spoof, but I guess it isn't. These are actual classes? What are these people smoking?

This course surveys the basic teaching and forms of Animism, Hinduism, Buddhism, Confucianism, and Islam. Special emphasis will be given to methods of witnessing and winning to Christ those who are bound in these religious systems.

I realize this may not be as shocking as I find it, but I can't believe they're outright stating that one must CONVERT TEH HEATHENS.

I also love that the only Biblical "langauge" is Greek. Fuck Hebrew, yo.

Things like this make me realize that the people I think are fundie here in Europe really are not fundie at all.

There should be a fundie tour of Southern Cali. Visit the Crystal Cathedral, the spots Kirk Cameron and Ray Comfort hang out at.

There's also the TBN headquarters across the 405 freeway from the Crystal Cathedral which was bought by the Catholic diocese of Orange County, to become their cathedral.

There's also the TBN headquarters across the 405 freeway from the Crystal Cathedral which was bought by the Catholic diocese of Orange County, to become their cathedral.

Oooooh, that would be fun.

Oh. My. Goodness. Fundie tours sound like the best vacation EVER. Ever since hearing about Pensacola Christian College here on FJ, I've wanted to pose as a potential student.

Oh. My. Goodness. Fundie tours sound like the best vacation EVER. Ever since hearing about Pensacola Christian College here on FJ, I've wanted to pose as a potential student.

Stuff Fundies Like has heaps of snark on Pensacola if you're interested.

They would come into my store looking for jobs. I managed a book store and my staff was quite a mixture of people from the somewhat conservative older Catholic lady to the tattooed practicing Wiccan lesbian. First, they always traveled in groups, I never saw them alone and often they were dropped off by the school van. On occasion, in the interest of fairness and the EEOC I would call some of them in for interviews. Again, even if I was just interviewing one person, they always has someone with them. Some of them were quite nice but I never hired any of them mainly for two reasons. When I told them that we sold sophisticates and then asked them if they would have a problem with that they generally would say something along the lines of “I am morally opposed and I would have to refuse to sell them†or “I would not be able to touch themâ€. The other reason was that they would not/could not work on Sunday or during the Christmas holidays and I’m sorry, but its retail, if you can’t work weekends and holidays then you are of no use to me.

They were always leaving those little pamphlets, (I can’t remember what they are called, the ones that look like little comic books) all over the store, particularly in the New Age and Fantasy sections. Once we found them tucked into quite a few copies of the Harry Potter books. We were constantly finding all the copies of the Koran either hidden behind other books or with Bibles placed in front of them.

Hint, hint, Titus 2 Mentoress. Educational road trip?

I figure Art Robinson will be doing an election tour so we'll be able to see 5 Seppi grandkids and Fama, live, and it's close enough for old man Seppi to show and recruit for our Birchers. I'd rather wait until the Pentecostal salvation tent show is here in Aug. They have good music and baptize down on the Willamette. Until then I will sate myself with some rock n' roll.

You probably wouldn't see much of the crazy as a potential student, though. They are very, very good at presenting a front to lure people in, then dropping the hammer after you're hooked. You can't even see a copy of the student handbook after you're enrolled, you have to wait until you arrive on campus for the first day of classes. And that doesn't even include the hundreds of unwritten rules that you don't learn about until you get busted for breaking them. If you do make it down there though, your best bet is the campus church during a service, esp if you try to show up in pants (if you're female). ;) Or else dress fundie, don't tell them you're coming, and then walk around campus holding hands (with anyone, boy or girl). I guarantee someone will ask you for your student ID number if you do.

They would come into my store looking for jobs. I managed a book store and my staff was quite a mixture of people from the somewhat conservative older Catholic lady to the tattooed practicing Wiccan lesbian. First, they always traveled in groups, I never saw them alone and often they were dropped off by the school van. On occasion, in the interest of fairness and the EEOC I would call some of them in for interviews. Again, even if I was just interviewing one person, they always has someone with them. Some of them were quite nice but I never hired any of them mainly for two reasons. When I told them that we sold sophisticates and then asked them if they would have a problem with that they generally would say something along the lines of “I am morally opposed and I would have to refuse to sell them†or “I would not be able to touch themâ€. The other reason was that they would not/could not work on Sunday or during the Christmas holidays and I’m sorry, but its retail, if you can’t work weekends and holidays then you are of no use to me.

They were always leaving those little pamphlets, (I can’t remember what they are called, the ones that look like little comic books) all over the store, particularly in the New Age and Fantasy sections. Once we found them tucked into quite a few copies of the Harry Potter books. We were constantly finding all the copies of the Koran either hidden behind other books or with Bibles placed in front of them.

Those were Chick tracts! They're both hilarious and offensive... :twisted:

Some nerve of them leaving those in a private establishment.

This sounds like a fun vacation! Hit my state and you've got Patrick Henry College and Liberty University on your potential list.

If you do make it down there though, your best bet is the campus church during a service, esp if you try to show up in pants (if you're female). ;) Or else dress fundie, don't tell them you're coming, and then walk around campus holding hands (with anyone, boy or girl). I guarantee someone will ask you for your student ID number if you do.

I would want to try the second part, actually. The first idea sounds fun too. Don't we have some FJers who have gone undercover at fundie events?

Isn't the headquarters for FOTF down in the Springs too?

Yes. The Fotf is here and we also have the Navigaters or how ever you spell it. We are fundy headquaters for all kinds.

Please excuse me, trying to post from my new phone.

Archived