IGNORED

Fundie tours anyone?

genericJname

Yesterday, we were on the way to my parents' house. As we were driving, I pointed out a little shopping center church and said "Ooh, that's the mailing address for Kevin Swanson of Generations with Vision radio."

My husband said that I should lead a Fundies of Colorado tour bus. :lol:

I could dig that. Here in sin city, you could make a trip to the huge Mormon temple - and them point out ANTON SZANDOR LAVEY's former house, which is across the street :twisted: . A drive out the middle of nowhere will probably run you into a FLDS compound. I got to see the FLDS hot springs hotel in Caliente, NV. I assure you that it was a high point on my vacation.

If you come to my little corner of California we could all go tour the West Coast Baptist College. http://wcbc.edu/

Their "campus" is just east of town. If you go look at their website they have a very lengthy article about why they do not seek state accreditation.

Here in Colorado, the day would have to end with crashing the original purity ball down in Colorado Springs.

Don't forget the PP and Zhu in Tempe AZ! You can get an Arby's sandwich right in the same strip mall, and then catch a sermon. And, if the timing is right, you can watch the Angels spring training baseball just a bit down the street at Tempe Diablo Stadium. (Angels play at Devil's Stadium, I love the irony in that name).

Obviously the bus will be named the Hivevaginamobile.

Obviously the bus will be named the Hivevaginamobile.

How about the "Vagina Hive"?

If you come to my little corner of California we could all go tour the West Coast Baptist College. http://wcbc.edu/

Their "campus" is just east of town. If you go look at their website they have a very lengthy article about why they do not seek state accreditation.

Oooooh, they have a Secretarial Science program. !!!!!1111!!!1Eleventy11!!!!!

Oooooh, they have a Secretarial Science program. !!!!!1111!!!1Eleventy11!!!!!

They also have a counseling minor. Course list includes "Pastoral Counseling" for the men and just "Counseling Women" for the women. :angry-banghead:

They also have a counseling minor. Course list includes "Pastoral Counseling" for the men and just "Counseling Women" for the women.

And I love that under the Secondary Education you have classes listed like "Meal Preparation 1 & 2", "Home Decoration and Management" and "Clothing Construction"

Quite frankly, whenever I have to drive by the compound (usually on my way to Vegas) I get creeped out. The whole place scares me in a Branch Davidian way. I could go on about them and their students and my interactions with them.

Which can be summed up quite neatly by the words "we're not up to scratch".

And I love that under the Secondary Education you have classes listed like "Meal Preparation 1 & 2", "Home Decoration and Management" and "Clothing Construction"

Quite frankly, whenever I have to drive by the compound (usually on my way to Vegas) I get creeped out. The whole place scares me in a Branch Davidian way. I could go on about them and their students and my interactions with them.

Please do! I for one would be really interested to read anything you can tell us about them.

Yet they still aren't conservative enough for the Duggars.

Here in Colorado, the day would have to end with crashing the original purity ball down in Colorado Springs.

Isn't the headquarters for FOTF down in the Springs too?

Isn't the headquarters for FOTF down in the Springs too?

I have visited the FOTF headquarters in Colorado Springs and it's pretty boring -- they really don't show their fundieness in the tour or exhibit.

Yesterday, we were on the way to my parents' house. As we were driving, I pointed out a little shopping center church and said "Ooh, that's the mailing address for Kevin Swanson of Generations with Vision radio."

My husband said that I should lead a Fundies of Colorado tour bus. :lol:

Great idea, perhaps a group discount for the Europeans??

Those of us in the Northwest have quite a fundie fest all around our liberal little enclaves I could drive over to Miss Raquel's and maybe spend an afternoon writing some fictionals. Except, I won't; she'd annoy me.

WCBC can't be that bad. One of the activities listed under "social life" is going to the mall. Plus, they have "Sadie Hawkins banquets." Female students pursuing male students? What are they trying to pull???

I have some relatives in Colorado Springs, maybe I should plan a trip to visit them and then crash the purity ball.

The WCBC is amazing. I want to go fake tour the place. I was driving out in Apple Valley for a sheepdog trial and there were all kinds of church-y, compound-y things. I soooo want to know what all goes on because there is nothing out in a lot of parts of the high desert--means a lot less people are looking.

There should be a fundie tour of Southern Cali. Visit the Crystal Cathedral, the spots Kirk Cameron and Ray Comfort hang out at.

Archived