IGNORED

sad new post on morton blog

ophelia

There is a "new" post over at the morton blog. Actually it is not new, but something Adeline has written over a year ago. To me it seems really really sad. I've often wondered how Martha and Adeline are doing since they were so close to Darthy their whole life and now are separated from her. I also don't think they are going to marry soon, 'cause Momma Jeanine and all their hyper-fertilge SILs need their helping hands.. (Although this situation can be quickly changed when you look at the week long courtship of Noah and Darthy and their wedding only 3 months later!)

I guess they are still feeling bad and alone, otherwise I can't explain why she'd post that now. Thats no the first sad blogpost from Adeline in the last few months and I hope the Morton parents won't discipline her too hard for not beeing the happy and cheerful SAHD 24/7.

I think a huge part of that getting posted is her feeling left out. Think of how many weddings and babies they've had. Bethany got married, Cleve got married, Darthy, Rachel, Katie, and Kressant have had babies, Beth's pregnant, Lise is pregnant. She's at about the age where the others married, but she hasn't. Darthy joined the Sanders girls, so she at least moved to be with friends. The Mortons added Lise but she's not the same age group as the girls.

Reading that post it becomes evident that the woman has no access to contemporary literature. Her flowery language stinks like fish left out in the sun. It is so faux Jane Austen. I do suggest she enters a Jane Austen write alike contest, perhaps if she wins she could have funds available for her escape.

Is someone's actual name Darthy?

Do they not know how to spell Dorothy? Or is it like Darth Vader?

It's what Dorthy Morton's usually called. Or Darth. They all use nicknames for everyone. (Makes figuring out who their boys are twice as hard. See:Andrew/Tom) Guessing it's a play on how her sounds with their accent.

I almost cried when I read that. Adeline's writing style is not from this world but it was still beautifully written.

Archived